NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Theres a first time for everything right? Please read and advice me =/

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus<3Acura
Yea the shit is I was up front and the cop came directly after me and was not budging the 350 was probably the last one I don't get it. A friend of mine recommended a lawyer that works at the DMV in Whitestone and he told me there's not a great chane at winning this thy what he'll try to do is adjourn it twice and then he can transfer the cad where in queens where he knows a judge. Have me pleas guilty but I keep my license and pay the charges + keep the points. I'm so stressed with this and everything that's going on with me I'm just like drake "YOLO" only thing keeping my head up but thanks guys. You don't understand how grateful I am for your inputs. Deff lesson learned and thank god this happened to me right after income taxes.
good to hear man, hopefully you don't get hit too hard.

hustla, i thought that was only a NJ thing?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
hey while I'm at this. I'm about to buy a base 07-08 bumper from maxedout05tl

my question is where can i find a great paint shop in nyc, preferably queens. and while this base 07-08 bumper fit with my 06 headlights?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
federal auto body on northern blvd around 154th st. They charge $400 and guarantee the work
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Once did I ever do 130 in my G. And never again! I love my clean record

What school you in?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ruserious
Once did I ever do 130 in my G. And never again! I love my clean record

What school you in?
yea thanks for that:why me: i go to queens college
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You'll be alright bruh. Best of luck to you
The following users liked this post:
Zeus<3Acura (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Advanced

idk about alright but I'm trying to think positive. it'll be a year or so before i owe anything anyway
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
What town was it in? A lot of times, depending where, if u are a student the lawyer can talk it down in exchange for some community service.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MissAlyyTL
What town was it in? A lot of times, depending where, if u are a student the lawyer can talk it down in exchange for some community service.
it was in suffolk. i believe the court I'm going to is haupage.. something like that, but i hear that thats a no bargain plea court. either guilty or not guilty... =/
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Where'd u hear that? U def need to hire a lawyer. One ofnmy old professors used to work that court and he would get stuff reduced/thrown out all of the time.. I got a 120mph wreckless endangerment ticket completely dropped but it was in the hamptons . There is hope to at least get reduced I think!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Just make sure when u go in u are dressed phenomenal lol. Ppl think a traffic ticket and show up looking like bums but it really does make a difference if u wear slacks n a button up. The judges see it as respect for the court and are usually more leanent
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Advanced

a lawyer told me that.... YOU SHOULD DEFF. help me get in contact with that old professor of yours, i'd tat your name on my chest if you do ! lmao
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 267 Posts
check it Zeus.. Most factory speedos are inaccurate after 100mph. So realistically, if the cop clocked you at 130, your speedo should be close to 140 if not higher. Believe me, unless you are f'ing drunk or super human, you would know if you are doing 130 in a TL. Instead of stressing out, do some scientific research to prove that cop is wrong.
civicdrivr (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Advanced

i know he didn't clock me at 130 though. how can i prove this though? i don't know...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb

a lawyer told me that.... YOU SHOULD DEFF. help me get in contact with that old professor of yours, i'd tat your name on my chest if you do ! lmao
LMFAO!! Oh damn that's a hot offer... But what if my name was really like mike, or berrrrnice or some gay/ugly ish?!?ahaha... I just called an old classmate who still lives there and she says hes retired now sry, I've been out of the loop since I moved to NC a couple of yrs ago. But try looking up references online. You can find anything on google. Often these older lawyers have build up a professional type of relationship/friendship with the judges / magistrates over the years so u might be better off finding an older one. Sounds nuts but every little bit helps.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
2006 Acura TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation, i know how it feels to get speeding tickets, i used to speed a lot like 3-4 years back when i was 18. sucks paying for them its money in the trash. i would speed to work and always went over 100 mph one time i topped my car off at 145 or 150mph. got pulled over and luckily the cop was a good guy and put that i was going 98mph. ever since then speed limit for me. its not worth throwing money and license in the trash. best thing would be like everyone is saying, lawyer. sometimes when the cops use radar guns, their gins are not always accurate because they need to be calibrated every so often. hope everything goes well man.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

i know he didn't clock me at 130 though. how can i prove this though? i don't know...
Ok. If he didn't clock you at 130, how did he determined that you were doing 130? If it was me, I would do the following...

- subpoena the cops citation and conviction records
- physically is it possible to do 130 on the section of LIE in your car?
- given the age and milage of you car, is it possible to do 130 in straight-line?
- what is the official top speed of your TL according to Honda for your vintage?

The key is to look for anything that can disproves the cop's creditibilty and you can get the case tossed out. If you succeed, you can tattoo my name on your ass
The following 2 users liked this post by benben01:
civicdrivr (03-14-2012), Zeus<3Acura (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by benben01
Ok. If he didn't clock you at 130, how did he determined that you were doing 130? If it was me, I would do the following...

- subpoena the cops citation and conviction records
- physically is it possible to do 130 on the section of LIE in your car?
- given the age and milage of you car, is it possible to do 130 in straight-line?
- what is the official top speed of your TL according to Honda for your vintage?

The key is to look for anything that can disproves the cop's creditibilty and you can get the case tossed out. If you succeed, you can tattoo my name on your ass
alriht ill get a nice henna piece on my back with your face and your name if this works out. deal?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
I think the 5AT TL maxes out at 130 mph. I have done 120 mph (while on vacation in mexico of course) and you definitely know you are going fast. If he has a 6MT I think those top out at 155 or have no limiter.....not sure.

Today I was doing 80 on a straight road that has no limit (lol).... no one follows it. Empty road no one around me. I looked behind and front. 30 seconds later I hear a siren and look behind me and see some flashing lights. It was some fake cop car LOL. Guy went right past me and half his strobes weren't even working....sure gave me a scare though.

For the bumper go to Acura and see who they use. My Acura dealer uses two people. One is a local guy with his own shop and the other is the BMW dealer who has done work on my cars before. I recently purchased a new front bumper as mine is damaged Guy with his own shop quoted me $400 (not even installed).....BMW quoted me $265. I am going with them.
Zeus<3Acura (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

alriht ill get a nice henna piece on my back with your face and your name if this works out. deal?
Deal! I have to warn you though, the ladies may love the tat of me on your back more than you

All jokes aside, good luck in fighting off this ticket. I mean it's one thing to be legitimately busted for speeding. It's another to be bamboozle by some cop with an axe to grind...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
I think the 5AT TL maxes out at 130 mph. I have done 120 mph (while on vacation in mexico of course) and you definitely know you are going fast. If he has a 6MT I think those top out at 155 or have no limiter.....not sure.

Today I was doing 80 on a straight road that has no limit (lol).... no one follows it. Empty road no one around me. I looked behind and front. 30 seconds later I hear a siren and look behind me and see some flashing lights. It was some fake cop car LOL. Guy went right past me and half his strobes weren't even working....sure gave me a scare though.

For the bumper go to Acura and see who they use. My Acura dealer uses two people. One is a local guy with his own shop and the other is the BMW dealer who has done work on my cars before. I recently purchased a new front bumper as mine is damaged Guy with his own shop quoted me $400 (not even installed).....BMW quoted me $265. I am going with them.

yea already getting the bumper painted for $300, nd i mean i spoke to a lawyer asking him which ways i can argue this saying i wasn't doing 130, i told him my car can't even go that fast and for the cop to catch me at my max speed is very unlikely. lawyer straight up said judge won't care, they do it based on 51% proof (he used a more technical term) . so cop doesn't even need to have 100% proof of me going 130. this advice was from 2 different lawyers btw. they say that court is a really tough one and i'd be better off at a criminal court. theres no plea bargain in the one I'm set to appear in
Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

I feel for u. Suffolk cops are the worst, along with the state troopers over there. Not going to lie, as a female I've been able to get out of lots of nypd/Nassau crap, but not in Suffolk. They make over double NYPD salary STARTING so u know they want to pop those tickets out to keep their jobs . Lovely. Best of luck!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by MissAlyyTL
I feel for u. Suffolk cops are the worst, along with the state troopers over there. Not going to lie, as a female I've been able to get out of lots of nypd/Nassau crap, but not in Suffolk. They make over double NYPD salary STARTING so u know they want to pop those tickets out to keep their jobs . Lovely. Best of luck!
Girls hardly ever get tickets......want to know why? Because you are equipped with TWO universal PBA cards.
MissAlyyTL (03-15-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Advanced

i wish my girl was in my car with me and took one for the team =/ lmao
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,450 Likes on 4,972 Posts
Also to add, get a lawyer that is local to the court and works at that court mostly. They know the judges so its easier for them to get things knocked down/thrown out.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Don't dress to nice either, it's best to look humble/modest; I know many attorneys who dress down in court. Button down/slacks/tie, nit nothing too fancy. I dressed a little too nice for court once and my attorney told me "Carlos you have to change those shoes, they'll have no mercy on you if they know you can afford the summons". Since I didn't have another pair in the car he preferred me not to go and represent me by himself. Also since he was caught where he was he has a guilty/innocent trail by DMV, you might not be familiar with this because there aren't many areas like it.

Ben don't over estimate an officers intelligence nor zues integrity; often time when officers see a speeder (without a speed trap set) they'll accelerate like a bat out of hell (from a stand still), get to x speed to reach the speeder and say the speeder was going at his speed as well which isn't true. Distance/time = velocity except the when the distances are different you can't use elementary physics
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Don't dress to nice either, it's best to look humble/modest; I know many attorneys who dress down in court. Button down/slacks/tie, nit nothing too fancy. I dressed a little too nice for court once and my attorney told me "Carlos you have to change those shoes, they'll have no mercy on you if they know you can afford the summons". Since I didn't have another pair in the car he preferred me not to go and represent me by himself. Also since he was caught where he was he has a guilty/innocent trail by DMV, you might not be familiar with this because there aren't many areas like it.

Ben don't over estimate an officers intelligence nor zues integrity; often time when officers see a speeder (without a speed trap set) they'll accelerate like a bat out of hell (from a stand still), get to x speed to reach the speeder and say the speeder was going at his speed as well which isn't true. Distance/time = velocity except the when the distances are different you can't use elementary physics
x2 Suffolk cops and Suffolk traffic court are no joke, in Nassau they plea bargain so you would have just paid the fines and moved on with your life. Chances are you weren't doing 130 but I wouldn't go in trying to disprove the officer. Your honestly better off asking for mercy, listen to the lawyers and hope for the best.
Zeus<3Acura (03-17-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Just plead not guilty and I have a court date the last week of August... Hows your situation going?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
Just plead not guilty and I have a court date the last week of August... Hows your situation going?
i plead not guilty and have court on the 23rd of may. im goign to give this lawyer $500 he said hell take care of everything i dont need to show and ill be able to keep my license but just have to pay the fines, better than patying fines, points and suspension. at least i get to drive. every other lawyer tells me im fucked
Old 03-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Drifting

What lawyer did you choose? And if everyone tells you you're F'd and one says he'll sort everything out, I'd be skeptical.
civicdrivr (03-23-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Advanced

What lawyer did you choose? And if everyone tells you you're F'd and one says he'll sort everything out, I'd be skeptical.
i chose the guy that my friend told me about that had gotten him out of shit previously, and he said I'm screwed also, I'm still going to have to pay the fines and stay with the points which means higher insurance, just that he is able to transfer the case to queens to a judge he has "connections" with and will let me keep my license. thats the only plus. the other lawyers i spoke shortly with, arthur miller said he'd call me back but never did after i faxed him my ticket
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Drifting

I hope you get good results, considering the speed I think the attorney fee is small and your only chance is if your attorney has a good relationship with a/the judge. I hope he/she didn't tell you "we exchange Christmas cards", thats lawyer bs 101.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Advanced

well hes gotten my friend out of two tickets that were 100+.. he went to jail and everything and this guy got him to keep his license.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Drifting

Haha did he say "we exchange Christmas cards"?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Advanced

Haha did he say "we exchange Christmas cards"?
lol nooooo
Old 03-31-2012, 02:44 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
So I quickly read this thread and wanted to chime in. I just finally went to trial for 82 in 55 on the northern state (fuuu newly paved roads are too smooth) after postponing for 2 years. It was also trial in Hauppague TVB. What the lawyer said is true....no plea bargains here since its technically not a real court as the "judge" is a glorified staff lawyer. Unlike most traffic courts, the chances of being reduced to non moving is less than 1% if not impossible

The system is geared towards the cops as they cops only need to show convincing evidence to convict you. They typically let the lawyers off with a reduced fine cuz the shits rigged and the lawyers arnd cops are all buddies. When I was there i saw all the lawyers and cops hanging out and giving each other pounds before trial. So if you hire a lawyer, you will prolly keep you license just because of his presence. What will happen is that cop will just say he visually estimated your speed to be a lesser speed like say 90 which allows you to keep your license. The lawyer will request to amend the ticket to that speed and then boom $500 and 5 min for the lawyer and you keep ur license.

You can represent yourself but its HIGHLY unlikely you are going to win. Even if the cop is no show, you are NOT off the hook. The cop will have to no show TWICE. It happend to a bunch of people in my courtroom.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Drifting

^^^

Yea, because unlike civilians the cops are allowed to postpone court dates because of vacation, emergencies, you name it. And the court doesn't have a legal obligation to give you more than 1 days notice that your court date has been postponed.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
id 100% get a lawyer that knows his stuff..

i had a 92 in a 55 speeding ticket in a small court.. (mutton town) for an LI'ers here, rich ass neighborhood so they're always after the $$

Long Story short, paid $500 lawyer fee.. 2 years later ticket was dismissed on account of a discrepancy between the ticket written out to me and the supporting deposition the officer filed with the court.. he wrote an "A" instead of a "B" after the infraction number, and that in turn changed the offense i was being charged with and gave the lawyer enough wiggle room to do what they do and got it dismissed..

actually found out why it was dismissed recently,. never asked questions afterwards, but i recently googled myself and found the full court record transcript of the case lol and it was that one letter error that saved me...

Do yourself a favor and get a good lawyer thats not just trying to make the quick buck and "transfer" your case to a court where he has connections lmao, but actually try to fight for you and get you out of the ticket!!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
whats going on guys. so last night i was in long island on the lie on my way back home with a couple other of my friends. I'm sure you can already start to assume what is to happen next....blue and red lights flashing behind me. i've never been pulled over before and my last name paul walker so instead of trying to evade the cops i pulled over. Turns out i was "going" 130 mph when i get clocked...
A public road is no place to test the limits of your vehicle. You were selfish and irresponsible.

Next time, take it to the track .
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
id 100% get a lawyer that knows his stuff..

i had a 92 in a 55 speeding ticket in a small court.. (mutton town) for an LI'ers here, rich ass neighborhood so they're always after the $$

Long Story short, paid $500 lawyer fee.. 2 years later ticket was dismissed on account of a discrepancy between the ticket written out to me and the supporting deposition the officer filed with the court.. he wrote an "A" instead of a "B" after the infraction number, and that in turn changed the offense i was being charged with and gave the lawyer enough wiggle room to do what they do and got it dismissed..

actually found out why it was dismissed recently,. never asked questions afterwards, but i recently googled myself and found the full court record transcript of the case lol and it was that one letter error that saved me...

Do yourself a favor and get a good lawyer thats not just trying to make the quick buck and "transfer" your case to a court where he has connections lmao, but actually try to fight for you and get you out of the ticket!!

You can plead out in Nassau County, can't in Suffolk which is likely why your lawyer was able to get you off. Just like Upstate NY, you pay the fines and they let you off with a slap on the wrist. NYC and Suffolk it's all or nothing.

Quick Reply: Theres a first time for everything right? Please read and advice me =/