NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Costco Shopping Cart

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Fuck Carlos, you and I have no luck with our cars. If its not one dent it's someone smashing our cars. Hope you get it fixed before moving to a diff insurance.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Update 4/2/12:

I filed through my own insurance last Friday since I wasn't sure what Costco would say; car is at proformance and will be looked at Wednesday. Got a return call from Costco claims department this morning and "Katie" informed me that Costco (nor any retailer for that matter), is responsible for this type of damage and that Costco has employees returning carts as a curtesy to its customers to prevent these types of incidents . I'm at work and currently didnt feel like arguing this, I might give her a call later today.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any updates?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
I had the geico visual inspection on Thursday, the adjust (somewhat a rookie, only 3yrs experience), had his supervisor riding along with them. Genius 1 and 2 came to the conclusion that either the rear fender damage was a not related incident and/or that it happened at a different time/date. How did these two intellects come to this conclusion? Because the damage in on my front door and rear fender. I'm dealing with retarda here and it's awfully time consuming and painful to hear their preschool arguement which basically is: you were in the store how do you know if more than one cart hit your car. To which I respond with "yes you're right i didn't witness the accident and neither did you, so how can you come to the conclusion that it wasnt all just one incident? I also provided pictures (which i didnt take originally since even the costco manager was instantly aware of what caused the damage as soon as he saw my car), of the cart, my car and the knuckle to walk like dents it left. Anyway I'll have to wait till Wednesday to get an update from the supervisor, and if he insists on being an oblivious prick I'll call his supervisor, one way or another this shit is getting fixed.

Cliff: adjuster is a pos, I'm upset, I gave further evidence, waiting till Wednesday for reply.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
I had the geico visual inspection on Thursday, the adjust (somewhat a rookie, only 3yrs experience), had his supervisor riding along with them. Genius 1 and 2 came to the conclusion that either the rear fender damage was a not related incident and/or that it happened at a different time/date. How did these two intellects come to this conclusion? Because the damage in on my front door and rear fender. I'm dealing with retarda here and it's awfully time consuming and painful to hear their preschool arguement which basically is: you were in the store how do you know if more than one cart hit your car. To which I respond with "yes you're right i didn't witness the accident and neither did you, so how can you come to the conclusion that it wasnt all just one incident? I also provided pictures (which i didnt take originally since even the costco manager was instantly aware of what caused the damage as soon as he saw my car), of the cart, my car and the knuckle to walk like dents it left. Anyway I'll have to wait till Wednesday to get an update from the supervisor, and if he insists on being an oblivious prick I'll call his supervisor, one way or another this shit is getting fixed.

Cliff: adjuster is a pos, I'm upset, I gave further evidence, waiting till Wednesday for reply.
I am pretty sure Geico doesn't want to pay for crap, press them.