NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Clinton Road, West Milford, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Clinton Road, West Milford, NJ

Anyone have their own stories/ experiences with it? Last night I was with my friends, and two other people called them. The other friends said they were on Clinton Road. I didn't know what it was about, so I drove up there. Yeah, I was creeped out about it being pitch black, but then when I got home I read about the creek where coins get thrown back at you, the truck headlights that tailgate you down the road, etc, etc i was like "Those a$$holes had me drive there without telling me freaky crap goes on there. Well I was driving and came to cones in the road and really broken asphalt and some cop stopped me before I could turn around. He came up, said my story that I was meeting my friends that said they were there (which was completely true) was bull$h!t, and that he smelled booze in my car (after he talked to this other car that was stopped and the retards were pissing him off; i didn't have a drop of alcohol, and my friends offered the guy to search the car, then the cop let off saying "Oh, I know I can"). Then he finally let me turn around, saying there are no nose goblins (WTF?) and to go away and leave. Just to add, the first things he said to me were threats of prosecution and fines because I went through barriers (which strangely was there only on my way out of the nowhere Clinton Road leads through, while I never saw it on my way in). So my friends and I made the joke that the cop was the ghost of the road since we never saw him before we had to turn around. So anyone have anything to say about this road?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i went once with friends.... nothing happened all its just creepy i guess because of everything i read and heard but only creepy shit was that it was pitch black and the road was really curvy and i guess all the locals really book it on that road because they know it ... so we got to the end then turned around and came back up the road then we stop over by the bridge on the side of the road and maybe 1 minute later i think it was some like a county reservoir ranger .. he comes up being a dick but ended up just telling us to get out of there.... end of my trip .. big disappointment
Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
^^^

What did you expect to find that would have made it more entertaining for you?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
^^^

What did you expect to find that would have made it more entertaining for you?
I went there not even knowing what the road was all about. But when I went home I read about all the stuff that supposedly goes on. So I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything along the lines of what I had read about.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to go once in a while 10+ years ago after reading about it in WeirdNJ...No stories though...just a long dark road.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
7th Gear

i went up once while doing a job in the area, saw some skid marks near the bridge, after that it turns into a dirt road, creepy but nothing really happend.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
I remember going there during high school years, because we didnt have anything better to do on Friday night lol. There's this one bridge that comes up where they have a bunch of white power stuff like swastikas, KKK, and some other stuff written.

It used to be fun (because we were young and it seemed crazy). I remember taking my brother's truck up there one day (03 pathfinder with those bright ricey blue HIDs), we were riding around and some guy in front of us pulled to the side and tried fighting us because he thought we were high beaming him and trying to run him off the road lol. It was fun, not something I'd go to now ( 5 years after graduating high school) because I think it's stupid, but thats maybe because I've been there quite a few times.

Annie's road was also another thing which I went to once, but I found that stupid. I also went through "Midgetville" where midgets supposedly come after you with shotguns and stuff, but I never saw that unless it was the wrong place lol.

Oh and I never ran into cops there, but that was a while ago so maybe they started patrolling there because more people go to it or something

Last edited by sunny201; 09-29-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sunny201
Annie's road was also another thing which I went to once, but I found that stupid. I also went through "Midgetville" where midgets supposedly come after you with shotguns and stuff, but I never saw that unless it was the wrong place lol.
Yep...Went to all those places too.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman322
Yep...Went to all those places too.
you ever have any experience with "midgetville"? lol
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sunny201
you ever have any experience with "midgetville"? lol
Nope...None @ any site...But was entertainment in my HS years.