Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

Car Shopping, Trust Dealership Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:54 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car Shopping, Trust Dealership Reviews?

It's my first time car shopping, looking in the Seattle area this weekend, basically just looking for KB1 RLs and YD2 MDXs,

This is more or a general question, but how much do you guys trust Dealership reviews?

All the RL's I have my eye on are at dealers that have really bad reviews. Even if the CarFax's and stuff check out, still paranoid about it.
Now obviously it's always people that have bad experiences who are vocal about it, but it still doesn't inspire much confidence, especially when a dealer totally looks like they have a bunch of fake reviews on Google.

These have RLs I want to take a look at but the reviews on yelp and Google are just too bad
Evergreen Sales and Lease
XCITE MOTORS
Car Club of Burien
Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Skandha
These have RLs I want to take a look at but the reviews on yelp and Google are just too bad
Or if they only reply to good reviews but not bad reviews
Old 11-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
get pre-approved at a local credit union or a bank of your choosing.
this way; you know what you can and cannot afford and you dont have to deal with dealer financing....
so it wouldnt matter if dealership sucks or not; you just want the car and have pre-approved financing.

When I bought my TL; took the TL on test drive. then decided to take the car for extended test drive over the weekend. Monday afternoon; sat in dealership and negotiated a little....and was on my way.. because I was already pre-approved for a loan...all I had to do was negotiate on price of car. once I had the price I wanted. I didnt need the dealership any more.

basically; if you have your ducks in a row, it doesnt matter how shady the dealership is.
read the contract and if something doesnt seem right, don't sign

Last edited by justnspace; 11-08-2017 at 01:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
Acura TL Builder (01-05-2018), Skandha (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 01:06 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
get pre-approved at a local credit union or a bank of your choosing.
this way; you know what you can and cannot afford and you dont have to deal with dealer financing....
so it wouldnt matter if dealership sucks or not; you just want the car and have pre-approved financing.
I already have my financing setup, got a awesome deal with my credit union, thank god for 785 credit score.
But I'm more talking about how well they fix up the cars and stuff for sale, if you read reviews for the ones I listed you'll kinda see what I'm talking about.

One of them has a review where they even showed the customer fake documentation for the Takata air bag recall.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Skandha
I already have my financing setup, got a awesome deal with my credit union, thank god for 785 credit score.
But I'm more talking about how well they fix up the cars and stuff for sale, if you read reviews for the ones I listed you'll kinda see what I'm talking about.

One of them has a review where they even showed the customer fake documentation for the Takata air bag recall.
that would be up to the BUYER to figure out if the car is worthy of buying or not.
you have your money pre-approved.
if you do not like the cars condition, DO NOT BUY! and go to a different dealer.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:15 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
that would be up to the BUYER to figure out if the car is worthy of buying or not.
you have your money pre-approved.
if you do not like the cars condition, DO NOT BUY! and go to a different dealer.
Okay yeah that's more or less what I was thinking, I'm gonna bring one of my friends to make sure I don't miss anything.

Gotta see if there's a place I can take the cars to be inspected or something.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 01:28 PM

smart move!
most places will let you perform a PPI (Pre-Purchase inspection) from a trusted mechanic
if dealership wont let you do that; DO NOT BUY and move on to the next dealer.

it took me about 6 months to finally settle on one car. because all the other cars were trash
Old 11-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 646 Likes on 348 Posts
agreed with prior financing needed and that way all you have to do is worry about the condition of the vehicle. Don't let the dealer trick you into "we can beat your rate", because one they would never put it in writing and it's going to be at least 5 pulls on your credit from different lenders. Many negative experiences have to do with bait n switch meaning the car was never really on the lot or priced ridiculous to get you to the lot and not the actual price / or negative financing experiences.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get ahold of me for any Acura

I work at an Acura dealership and would be more than happy to track any specific car down for you if you haven't found one. You are normally safe dealing with any "new car" dealership because they put all cars through an inspection and address any repairs before they put it up for sale. If you're looking for a preowned car within 3 years of age, you can typically find lease returns that have been through a certified inspection and have a longer warranty on them.

Or if you decide on a brand new one I can give you my cost on the car.
Acura TL Builder (01-05-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:54 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by KrewLH85
I work at an Acura dealership and would be more than happy to track any specific car down for you if you haven't found one. You are normally safe dealing with any "new car" dealership because they put all cars through an inspection and address any repairs before they put it up for sale. If you're looking for a preowned car within 3 years of age, you can typically find lease returns that have been through a certified inspection and have a longer warranty on them.

That's my dealer! Acura of Lynnwood. Wouldn't deal with anyone else.
KrewLH85 (01-25-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 01:17 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KrewLH85

Do you work on the sales side, or the services side? Know any good mechanics that work on our cars on the side