Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
now they are saying the Osama kill is a hoax! Lame.

Tomorrow people tomorrow (meet for those not in the loop)!!!! Oh and I was spying at work.

Saw EvanQ on Murray at 26 today (first gen tsx abp CT s/c) threw me a rev so figured he knew it was one of us lol. Haven't seen him on here in a long while though.
What's up guys, if it was my TSX I wasn't driving it haha. Long story short, I haven't had my car back from Forged Performance in about 5 months. I'm getting my tranny rebuilt but ran in to some complications. In the mean while I purchased a 2007 s2k!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
^^ seriously?!?! It looked just like yours, first-gen ABP, stock wheels, aspec kit/suspension. But it had what looked to be a tanabe hyper cat-back... Can't remember if you had a cat-back and if you did if it was tanabe or CT
Old 05-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Vigor66
What's up guys,
Just moved to Beaverton from the east side of town and need a tire rotation and alignment. Wondering if anyone knows of any reputable places that are reasonably priced.

THANKS!
HM Motorsports
3920 SW 141st Ave
(503) 372-3200
· Beaverton
Right behind Herzog Meier Auto Sales (Mazda-VW)
Affordable and reliable service. They can put it on the rack and check it for alignment specs at <$30 vs Les Schwab who will charge you at least $35 just to clamp the DAS on your wheels.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Thanks Marco
Old 05-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I Quit

To kick off moms day our son threw his playmobile car through out plasma tv. Loving the kids
Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
for the alignment, i prefer this place

Alignment Specialties
16630 SW Shaw St # E
Beaverton, OR 97007-1906
(503) 642-0998
Old 05-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Safety Car

To kick off moms day our son threw his playmobile car through out plasma tv. Loving the kids
happy early farther's day!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
CDM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
My TL is finally fixed !
Old 05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Advanced

^^ seriously?!?! It looked just like yours, first-gen ABP, stock wheels, aspec kit/suspension. But it had what looked to be a tanabe hyper cat-back... Can't remember if you had a cat-back and if you did if it was tanabe or CT
It could of been if they were test driving it because one of forged performance owners lives in the area. What time did you see it? I know they were getting my car back from the tranny shop that day but that shop is in Troutdale.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I Quit

so we replaced our Sammy 8000 series Plasma with a new Sharp LED LCD display. I will say there are parts of plasma I miss like the way it handled poor quality cable signals but love some of the LCD bits like the clarity in movies

evenq- It was like around 1:30pm - 2:00pm
Old 05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
so we replaced our Sammy 8000 series Plasma with a new Sharp LED LCD display. I will say there are parts of plasma I miss like the way it handled poor quality cable signals but love some of the LCD bits like the clarity in movies

Nice, you didn't get the quatra color one did you? Those are a huge marketing joke! I bought one and after seeing that it made absolutely no difference in color, and doing research on the matter, I returned it and got a samsung.

I also noticed that it had a huge lag while gaming (even in game mode), probably because it had to make so many extra calculations to convert the standard RGB signal to RGBY.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 AM
CDM

Right when I get a new steering rack in, I parked infront of my friends driveway today, and her mom reversed into my car with her land rover.. -_____- my passenger front door has like a major dent in it. Any estimates on how much it would take to repair that? It's not like super bad but i can open and close the door without it making noise and the window still goes down. Sorry I don't have any pictures for it though.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 AM
I Quit

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan
Nice, you didn't get the quatra color one did you? Those are a huge marketing joke! I bought one and after seeing that it made absolutely no difference in color, and doing research on the matter, I returned it and got a samsung.

I also noticed that it had a huge lag while gaming (even in game mode), probably because it had to make so many extra calculations to convert the standard RGB signal to RGBY.
It's a quatra and yeah no real color difference. You can turn it off though no motion blur on it either and super sharp picture. We loved our Sammy other than the hum it made. Preston took care of that for us.... Meh
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts

man your luck is starting to turn out to be like mine =) you sure you dont wanna trade those in for puppies? then all you have to worry about is potty spots and chewed remotes

i always liked plasma for the clearer picture alot of people say its a energy sucker but i think its worth it for the hair better picture..

Originally Posted by Tyrone503
Right when I get a new steering rack in, I parked infront of my friends driveway today, and her mom reversed into my car with her land rover.. -_____- my passenger front door has like a major dent in it. Any estimates on how much it would take to repair that? It's not like super bad but i can open and close the door without it making noise and the window still goes down. Sorry I don't have any pictures for it though.
depending on dent and if there is paint damage i would say 500-1500 go get 3 estimates there insurance should cover since its there driver error
The following users liked this post:
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Wow so many things going on in this thread at once.

Brandon, I was high.

evenq, Test ride or Joy ride?

clee109, vasectomy?

Tyrone503, did you smell chardonnay on her breath?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Traded in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^

And I'm adding one more. Went fishing this morning and caught a nice 25lb chinook..no one's goin hungry tonight in this house!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
WTF?

^ NICEEEEEEEEEE nothing like fresh fish

Had to call the cops yesterday cause someone thought my private parking in the alley way was free space to them.. what a waste of time next time im just gonna key the shit outa peoples cars and slash all there tires then they can get it towed out.. no more MR nice guy.. cops where no help and i never thought i would hear it from there mouth but they used the excuse i would in getting out of a ticket.. we could be chasing drug dealers and pulling people over for real crimes.. god i hate this city
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
CDM

She wasn't under in the influence, But I know she doesn't like me... Haha. Yeah I should just get the insurance on it, but i'm gonna go to a shop today and get an estimate.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 PM
WTF?

^ my guess still stands.. between 500-1500 it boils down to if there is paint damage if there is damage to any crease to the door and if its only 1 door thats only damaged..
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I Quit

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
^ NICEEEEEEEEEE nothing like fresh fish

Had to call the cops yesterday cause someone thought my private parking in the alley way was free space to them.. what a waste of time next time im just gonna key the shit outa peoples cars and slash all there tires then they can get it towed out.. no more MR nice guy.. cops where no help and i never thought i would hear it from there mouth but they used the excuse i would in getting out of a ticket.. we could be chasing drug dealers and pulling people over for real crimes.. god i hate this city
Dude if you were in Wash. County you would have had at least two sheriff's and they would have like written a million tickets and probably gave you a back rub at the same time lol

Should move...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
CDM

This is like a quarter size (coin) scratch... and the area in the middle of the door where it kinda comes out along the whole side is dented in, and my side moldings.. the damage is only on that one door too..
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Thought I would share:

So this morning I go to H-M Motorsport to get my tires rotated followed by a alignment. They said they could get me in right away and showed me to their waiting room. So about 2 hours into my wait I'm wondering what the fuck is going on so I look in the parking lot and see my car. So now I'm thinking it's finally done and they will come get me in a couple minutes. after about 15 minutes of waiting I walk out again and see that my car is on a lift and there is no one working on it. I'm like WTF. So I walk in the office and there is no one to be found at the desk for me to complain to.

So I go sit back down before I explode in a rage because I've been waiting for 3 hours for a simple tire rotation and alignment. So after about another 15 minutes I walk back out to see my car still sitting on the lift with NO ONE around. By now I'm so pissed off I could destroy the place. Finally after well over 3 hours I see my car being taken into the garage where they do the alignment. I walk into the office to ask the schmuck who is helping me WTF is going on. So he looks at me like he's never seen me and asks my name and what he can do for me. Hello dipshit you just met me a few hours ago. So I tell him I've been waiting for almost 4 hours and he says oh let me see what's going on.

So he comes back and says the technician is having trouble with the computer program that reads the alignment specs. I told him bullshit my car has been in the alignment shop for less than an hour. He tells me sorry it will be another 20 minutes.

So after another 30 minutes I walk back in and talk to the head guy there who is somewhat more understanding and tells me that this type of service is unacceptable and I won't have to pay anything. No shit Sherlock there is no way I'm going to pay for the God awful service. He tells me it's going to be another 20 minutes.

I finally get my car back after waiting almost 5 fucking hours. He hands me a free oil change slip and tells me he's very sorry. I gave the free oil change credit back to him and tell him I'll never ever consider coming back again.

/end rant
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM
CDM

Stickin it to the man ^ :P
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
I Quit

wow that is pathetic service. At Schwabs you may not get a "non-vehicle spec" alignment but at least they get you in and out when they say they will.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Intermediate

It's a quatra and yeah no real color difference. You can turn it off though no motion blur on it either and super sharp picture. We loved our Sammy other than the hum it made. Preston took care of that for us.... Meh
Well if you're happy then that's all that counts (I just researched it and it was all marketing hype. Panasonic even made a quadracolor TV back in the 60's which turned out to be crap). I didn't think you could turn the yellow off though, I thought it was built into the display.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Intermediate

Thought I would share:

So this morning I go to H-M Motorsport to get my tires rotated followed by a alignment. They said they could get me in right away and showed me to their waiting room. So about 2 hours into my wait I'm wondering what the fuck is going on so I look in the parking lot and see my car. So now I'm thinking it's finally done and they will come get me in a couple minutes. after about 15 minutes of waiting I walk out again and see that my car is on a lift and there is no one working on it. I'm like WTF. So I walk in the office and there is no one to be found at the desk for me to complain to.

So I go sit back down before I explode in a rage because I've been waiting for 3 hours for a simple tire rotation and alignment. So after about another 15 minutes I walk back out to see my car still sitting on the lift with NO ONE around. By now I'm so pissed off I could destroy the place. Finally after well over 3 hours I see my car being taken into the garage where they do the alignment. I walk into the office to ask the schmuck who is helping me WTF is going on. So he looks at me like he's never seen me and asks my name and what he can do for me. Hello dipshit you just met me a few hours ago. So I tell him I've been waiting for almost 4 hours and he says oh let me see what's going on.

So he comes back and says the technician is having trouble with the computer program that reads the alignment specs. I told him bullshit my car has been in the alignment shop for less than an hour. He tells me sorry it will be another 20 minutes.

So after another 30 minutes I walk back in and talk to the head guy there who is somewhat more understanding and tells me that this type of service is unacceptable and I won't have to pay anything. No shit Sherlock there is no way I'm going to pay for the God awful service. He tells me it's going to be another 20 minutes.

I finally get my car back after waiting almost 5 fucking hours. He hands me a free oil change slip and tells me he's very sorry. I gave the free oil change credit back to him and tell him I'll never ever consider coming back again.

/end rant
Wow. That's nuts, I've never even seen Schwabs take 5 hours to do that, even when they're slammed getting everyones winter tires off.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I Quit

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan
Well if you're happy then that's all that counts (I just researched it and it was all marketing hype. Panasonic even made a quadracolor TV back in the 60's which turned out to be crap). I didn't think you could turn the yellow off though, I thought it was built into the display.
Yeah it shuts off the processing required for it. Could care less about yellow lol for the price it was the best picture in the shop. Also if you are running your peripherals off of HDMI there is no lag with the processing turned on .

When I can afford to drop 3k+ on a tv I'll upgrade lol

Saw that new water park you all have down there, i smell a road trip coming lol looked most awesome
Old 05-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
WOW! Meanwhile I'm getting scoped out hard by every cop I see when I head home from work at midnight. Even when I pull into a 24 hour drive-thru ATM, they still check me out, keep circling around to see if I'm doing anything suspicious Yeah, you COULD be going after the "real" criminals, except you're not. You're getting suspicious over people who aren't being suspicious, pulling people over because their license plate bulb is out, people who have the audacity to pull into a 24-hour ATM late at night, etc. Hey, isn't Portland still a methlab haven...?

Anyways, anyone ever seen those commercials on TV for Mor furniture? The ones where they say if you get such-and-such dining set or bedroom set, you get a free 38" or 42" HDTV? Yeah, I went there over the weekend, and blew a bunch of money on all new furniture. Long story short I'm getting a 51" Samsung plasma with 720p. I almost had a heart attack forking over that much money, but I did need all the furniture.... oh well.. Not sure if a 51" TV would be good for my little apartment. I'm curious if I could get a smaller TV with 1080p for about the same price...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rapture

Anyways, anyone ever seen those commercials on TV for Mor furniture? The ones where they say if you get such-and-such dining set or bedroom set, you get a free 38" or 42" HDTV? Yeah, I went there over the weekend, and blew a bunch of money on all new furniture. Long story short I'm getting a 51" Samsung plasma with 720p. I almost had a heart attack forking over that much money, but I did need all the furniture.... oh well.. Not sure if a 51" TV would be good for my little apartment. I'm curious if I could get a smaller TV with 1080p for about the same price...
How's the furniture quality over there at Mor?
I need a couch and maybe a few other pieces of furniture.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
WTF?

Dude if you were in Wash. County you would have had at least two sheriff's and they would have like written a million tickets and probably gave you a back rub at the same time lol

Should move...
i know right?? plus i know 2 wash county cops so i could do a name drop =)

This is like a quarter size (coin) scratch... and the area in the middle of the door where it kinda comes out along the whole side is dented in, and my side moldings.. the damage is only on that one door too..
700-1000 then

Thought I would share:

/end rant

wont go there..

Yeah it shuts off the processing required for it. Could care less about yellow lol for the price it was the best picture in the shop. Also if you are running your peripherals off of HDMI there is no lag with the processing turned on .

When I can afford to drop 3k+ on a tv I'll upgrade lol

Saw that new water park you all have down there, i smell a road trip coming lol looked most awesome
where is the water park?

ive been thinking about upgrading our tv to a 3d tv.. i feel disconnected with the world without it

WOW! Meanwhile I'm getting scoped out hard by every cop I see when I head home from work at midnight. Even when I pull into a 24 hour drive-thru ATM, they still check me out, keep circling around to see if I'm doing anything suspicious Yeah, you COULD be going after the "real" criminals, except you're not. You're getting suspicious over people who aren't being suspicious, pulling people over because their license plate bulb is out, people who have the audacity to pull into a 24-hour ATM late at night, etc. Hey, isn't Portland still a methlab haven...?

did you get a free tv?? am i missing something? =)
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I Quit

water park is in McMinville at the air museum. Has a slide that comes out of a Boeing 747. Awesomeness
Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
WTF?

anyone see this yet??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evA-R9OS-Vo
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

google always amazes me.. the guy selling his salvage title 350z sent me the vin and by entering in the vin, i found the car before the repair was done.

looks like its been side swiped and don't really think frame might got damaged.. check the pics out and let me know what you guys think

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...TM1MDI2Nzg2MDc

craigslist ad

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2369435568.html

if it wasn't the salavge title, this car is over $20k in private party bbk
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
CDM

I didn't even know about that water/air museum till now.
&
The 350z looks nice.. but I would stick to your current whip :p
Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Safety Car

I didn't even know about that water/air museum till now.
&
The 350z looks nice.. but I would stick to your current whip :p
which whip?

-----------------------

another link for this Z

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...CA_VALLEJO_CA/

estimated repair cost was $15k
Old 05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
CDM

your 07 Tl?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by minkl81
google always amazes me.. the guy selling his salvage title 350z sent me the vin and by entering in the vin, i found the car before the repair was done.

looks like its been side swiped and don't really think frame might got damaged.. check the pics out and let me know what you guys think

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...TM1MDI2Nzg2MDc

craigslist ad

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2369435568.html

if it wasn't the salavge title, this car is over $20k in private party bbk
looks good min.. sure you want a sludge-omatic (auto).. as Jay would put it?

your 07 Tl?
he sold that a while back
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
CDM

Oh, what's he whippin now?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
How's the furniture quality over there at Mor?
I need a couch and maybe a few other pieces of furniture.
Well, it's definitely a big step up from IKEA. I would say it's a good midpoint between cheap and overly expensive. It's not incredibly lavish but then again it's not cheap crap by any means. I can't say much for longevity, since I just bought the stuff, but it definitely does seem like very good quality. My bed and couch are quite comfy The thing with Mor is that in order to get a real good deal, you have to definitely look into a bundle deal. Like my big sectional couch was like $600 or so, but for only like $180 more I could have gotten a real nice leather chair that separately goes for like $320. But of course don't buy more than you need.

did you get a free tv?? am i missing something? =)
Barely. Spending $3000 on furniture and getting a TV included... I wouldn't exactly call the TV "free" But like I said, I needed the furniture, so I guess it was just good I got one included at all.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
WTF?

Oh, what's he whippin now?
i think its just his FX350 and 240sx he will have to tell you to confirm that,

Well, it's definitely a big step up from IKEA. I would say it's a good midpoint between cheap and overly expensive. It's not incredibly lavish but then again it's not cheap crap by any means. I can't say much for longevity, since I just bought the stuff, but it definitely does seem like very good quality. My bed and couch are quite comfy The thing with Mor is that in order to get a real good deal, you have to definitely look into a bundle deal. Like my big sectional couch was like $600 or so, but for only like $180 more I could have gotten a real nice leather chair that separately goes for like $320. But of course don't buy more than you need.

Barely. Spending $3000 on furniture and getting a TV included... I wouldn't exactly call the TV "free" But like I said, I needed the furniture, so I guess it was just good I got one included at all.
damn with that price they might as well throw in a full hour massage from a chineese palace
Mr Marco (06-06-2011)

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!