Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
the older TL is just a better looking model IMO but the new TL awd is great drive system
exterior wise 4th gen can't compete with 3rd gen. best would be 3rd gen exterior with 4th gen interior and sh-awd.

or 1st gen tsx with rdx's turbo and sh-awd
The following users liked this post:
Mr Marco (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
^ there is a video somewhere with some guy over seas swapped an AWD on a tsx and rotex kit i think? if only i had won that powerball!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
^^S2000CR (boy racer) to sporty family utility with no family, interesting choices indeed...
Keep in mind, I'd be homeless without my lady...so her decision was final. I also took her to the Mazda lot to look at a Speed3. Waste of time.
Originally Posted by The Russian
Looks like I'm not the only one who comes at 7 am to prevent door dings..
Have a good day Azine
Started coming in again. Even though I hate waking up at 6 something, I find that it is better to just to get it over with then sit and stare at the clock.

the older TL is just a better looking model IMO but the new TL awd is great drive system
Sadly I agree, I'm a 3G fan as well...but after Carrie got used to the AWD in the RDX, part of her conditions for a new vehicle were that 4 wheels must get power. I don't blame her. She must go to work no matter the weather. An S2000 was a luxury in her opinion.

Again, I am lucky that I have a good women who makes it possible for me to afford the finer things in life. I've been on the other side of that coin and she deserves praise for all her hard work as it is not easy to do what she does. I would be in tears.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
WTF?

sugar momma is always nice
Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

I believe my father's words were, "Don't fuck it up."
Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Where did you get that gif of my ex-wife?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
WTF?

is it me or am i staring to hard waiting for the nipple to just take a peak
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Suzuka Master

I never notice those little things, I'm an ass-man.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Was listening to the radio yesterday on the way home. I heard this great song. Female vocals, awesome melody and rhythm, with a great full sound. I was thinking to myself, "...this is really my kind of music."
I thought it was a new artist. Then the DJ came on and said, "Went all the way back to 1997 for that one!"

No wonder it sounded so good to me, it was an oldie.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
WTF?

ya unfortunetly.. alot of the newer band and vocal artist are crap.. seems like if you look decent and can autotune yourself then you might make it somewhere.. look at that Friday song.. total crap yet everyone gave it praise
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

-going to see my old buddy play this weekend. He is a real musician with talent, but singing the blues doesn't pay the bills anymore.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Bad drive today. Three car pile up (Mercedes vs pickup vs log truck). Stuck behind unmarked PoPo who was stuck behind a woman who was too scared to speed because she realized that she had just passed a cop on the freeway. Which of course pissed him off so he was tailgating her.

Thank god it's Friday, otherwise I'd have to hit the bar at lunch.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Thank god it's Friday, otherwise I'd have to hit the bar at lunch.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Suzuka Master

I have a 4 day work-week.

EDiT: Prob still hit the bar anyhow.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 12-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
WTF?

the mustang cop that rolls around pisses me off.. always see it rolling around.. it should be illegal for them to roll undercover
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

^Have yet to see him up here. Had one of the bastards pull out in front of me once from the left shoulder I-5 SB right before you get to Eugene, kicking gravel up at my car. Nothing more than a tax payer funded toy that is allowing for badge heavy cops to get thier rocks off. These sorts of vehicles are rarely used for real pursuit interseption as a police force only have a one or two of them. In fact, pursuits in general are a bad idea. People are often hurt or killed in these pursuits for what would have been simply a misdemeanor crime.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Safety Car

my new nexus 4 will be shipped out today. so i'll probably have little more than a week to play before the 21st

might have to take a day off on monday or work half day. its a 2nd day air shipping without signature and all the nexus 4 buyers are afraid of someone snatching it up since ups guys just drop it off on front door and heard box is really small for someone to pick it up and leave unnoticed..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM
WTF?

all these gadgets!! funny how technology changed in the past 20 yrs
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Safety Car

90's wasn't much improvement but after 2007 or so these new smartphones started to take over our life.

remember buying this t-mobile samsung behold when it first came out in 2007 or 2008 and thought it was a killer phone. also the first goolge g1. crazy haha..

Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
WTF?

i still have my couple flip phones i owned back in the day.. probably worthless but cool to have..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anything new guys.. haven't been here for a while. School is out and Christmas shopping .. would we even have a winter meet?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM
WTF?

never done a winter meet cause most people are too busy.. i am thinking late april for a spring meet.. usually the spring is when people have the itch for a meet.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Thumbs down

i still have my couple flip phones i owned back in the day.. probably worthless but cool to have..
you'd be surprised. I was just looking out of curiousity this weekend and found a phone just like the first cellular phone I owned. The infamous Motorola brick from the 1990's. The bid was at?? $91. Why anyone would want one of those is beyond me, I think it cost me $1.

never done a winter meet cause most people are too busy.. i am thinking late april for a spring meet.. usually the spring is when people have the itch for a meet.
Yep, plus I'm too lazy to clean the cars. Might hit the lawn when I get home though. The moss is starting to take over.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
So latest in the house debauchery for those who are interested.

Bank had approved the loan and was ready to close, the very next day after our loan officer tells us the underwriters approved the loan or agent calls.

Apparently the builder is now in a lawsuit with the back neighbors over the 18" x 40' of backyard they feel they are now owed (after a year of the fence being where it is for them). Because of this the builder cannot title the house to us and the bank cannot issue the loan.

Builder says it could take 6 months - 1 year for the court battle to settle. That's 6 months - 1 year NO ONE can move into our house. So the builder has terminated our sales agreement and returned all of our funds and we're without the house we built.

Fuck shitty neighbors who were never your neighbors. Even if the builder had to move the fence into our back yard by 18" that then throws our house out of county code compliance for the 15' minimum set back thusly condemning our house....

Wow. Win! Happy Holidays.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
WTF?

you'd be surprised. I was just looking out of curiousity this weekend and found a phone just like the first cellular phone I owned. The infamous Motorola brick from the 1990's. The bid was at?? $91. Why anyone would want one of those is beyond me, I think it cost me $1.

Yep, plus I'm too lazy to clean the cars. Might hit the lawn when I get home though. The moss is starting to take over.
good ol moss.. i get the moss out lawn stuff it seems to help.. turns the moss black though looks ugly for a few days.. I have a mantis so i can usually till it out

Bank had approved the loan and was ready to close, the very next day after our loan officer tells us the underwriters approved the loan or agent calls.

Apparently the builder is now in a lawsuit with the back neighbors over the 18" x 40' of backyard they feel they are now owed (after a year of the fence being where it is for them). Because of this the builder cannot title the house to us and the bank cannot issue the loan.

Builder says it could take 6 months - 1 year for the court battle to settle. That's 6 months - 1 year NO ONE can move into our house. So the builder has terminated our sales agreement and returned all of our funds and we're without the house we built.

Fuck shitty neighbors who were never your neighbors. Even if the builder had to move the fence into our back yard by 18" that then throws our house out of county code compliance for the 15' minimum set back thusly condemning our house....

Fudge packers! that sucks.. so you thinking of north plains still?? there is nothing out there.. better off looking more towards union station area or something.. man cities and there codes just suck sometimes.. but honestly if the neighbors are that picky you probably wouldnt want them as neighbors to begin with
Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I Quit

Yeah anywhere between N.Plains and Helvetia Road on that side of HWY 26.

I really am fed up with the city. Tired of the BS traffic everywhere. Was driving Britt's parents to the airport this morning at 3:00am. Was wonderful! No one on the road, made me happy lol.

So out in N.Plains and what not the traffic is just non-existant. Can have a big lot so I can't hit my neighbors with a rock unless I'm Joe Montana. Build exactly what I want and have land to expand in the future. Pure win.

moral of all of this: fuck people...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Eh, Chris, you know you're relieved. I know your heart wasn't really in it anyways. You got your money back and now you can have just that... a happy holidays. Flush.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
WTF?

take 3K and get reward yourself with a CT supercharger.. you deserve it.. =)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
take 3K and get reward yourself with a CT supercharger.. you deserve it.. =)
qft
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I Quit

Yeah, part of me is relieved that it is over. It's been a battle with them from day one really. But it's a bitch to see it completely done and not close on it.

At the end of the day I'm sure it's for the best and let's me do other things.

No super charger haha. Responsibilities and such. Maybe will buy a new car, hrmmmmm
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Safety Car

Yeah, part of me is relieved that it is over. It's been a battle with them from day one really. But it's a bitch to see it completely done and not close on it.

No super charger haha. Responsibilities and such. Maybe will buy a new car, hrmmmmm
shit that sux.. all that hassle and effort of building and loan processes and neighbor behind you fucks it all up. why didn't they resolve this way before their fences were up or even during structures were going up. guess they were waiting to screw up the builder big time when everything was built and can't be reversed.

plus they can't even use that land with different ground height? they gonna climb down the ladders to water the plant or grass? maybe its a good thing that you didn't move in with a f'ing neighbor like that.

----------------------------

got my new phone today. first time using google contacts to transfer phone numbers and was surprised by its ease of use and quickness. used to type in all phone numbers into new phone before technology.. haha.. phone is very well built and feels expensive on hand. wonder how long battery will last. now i have to bill my wife $350 since this is my birthday/christmas gift
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I Quit

That's the beauty of it. Our builder bought the lots from another builder that went bankrupt with the crash. When they purchased the lots they were long and narrow, so they had an engineering company shorten and widen them for bigger houses.

The county approved the new plot lines and they started building. The neighbor behind us (who are suing), bought their house over a year ago from our builder with the fence line like it is today and they were fine with it. Then when they started building our house behind it, the trouble started.

A county inspector comes out once the house is complete for a final inspection and he/she then grants the permit for occupancy. When the inspector came out they realized that the lines approved by the county differ from those recorded by the county. So he red flagged it.

Because of that, the county had to notify all existing home owners in the community that there was a technical error regarding their property lines. The technical error being that while the county approved the line changes, it was never recorded by the county.

Now that means the newborns feel they are entitled the extra depth of the lot as shown by the original lot lines. Funny thing is, if they followed by the original lines width, their side yard fences would be in their house lol, thusly condemning their house. They feel they deserve the width they have now with the new lines and the depth of the old lines, in other words, the best of both worlds.

So the builder goes into mediation with them, brings out an appraiser who appraises the value of that extra land and the builder was going to write them a check for that value. No dice says the neighbor, not enough money for their "damages". They want more money so off to court they go.

Takes 6 months to get a court date and could span over a year to settle. Since our rear line is the line in question our house is a "crime scene". If the neighbor is awarded the land, our house is in violation of the county rear set back requirements. That condemns our house, so then the builder would have to get an easement from the county which could take another 6 months. It also would leave our house with the smallest back yard of the community reducing its value significantly.

So because of a county snafu the builder stems to loose a bunch of money, we lose our house and according to real estate attorneys we have spoken to, the neighbor doesn't have a leg to stand on because they signed off on their property lines now, so they could loose their lawyer fees, the builders lawyer fees and the court fees.

At the end of the day you have neighbors who want their bills paid for a year, but will probably end up loosing way more money than if they just accepted the lines for what they were. They cost us our house too.

If its because they want their downstairs view back, our house isn't going to be knocked down, so they'll never get that back lol. Idiots. Like britt and I say, if they are that peeved, sell the house and find something else...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
WTF?

let me know if you need help swapping parts =) are the rear brakes making a scraping noise again??

Originally Posted by minkl81
shit that sux.. all that hassle and effort of building and loan processes and neighbor behind you fucks it all up. why didn't they resolve this way before their fences were up or even during structures were going up. guess they were waiting to screw up the builder big time when everything was built and can't be reversed.

plus they can't even use that land with different ground height? they gonna climb down the ladders to water the plant or grass? maybe its a good thing that you didn't move in with a f'ing neighbor like that.

----------------------------

got my new phone today. first time using google contacts to transfer phone numbers and was surprised by its ease of use and quickness. used to type in all phone numbers into new phone before technology.. haha.. phone is very well built and feels expensive on hand. wonder how long battery will last. now i have to bill my wife $350 since this is my birthday/christmas gift

what phone doesnt feel expensive anymore?? i mean really i can remember when the brick phones were for a penny and that was with no contract.. haha they were giving those things away... now to get a phone with no contract it costs the same as a computer..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I Quit

Yep the rear brakes need to be replaced, meh!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Wow, bummer Chris. Real Estate comes with all kinds of little challenges, but that is just plain greed. 18" will not make any difference to either property. Helvatia is nice, but a little expensive. There really isn't anything affordable further West. North Plains is a shit hole.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Wifey is trying to blame missed maintenance on a certain vehicle on me. She wants me to take said vehicle to shop for required maintenance. Funny how it's her car until the time comes that it needs repair.
Do you get this BS from your wifes? Seriously, what gives? I know she doesn't like dealing with mechanical issues, but I Always Get The Bill!!!:
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Safety Car

Think the neighbor behind doesn't even have a chance of winning.. Waste of their money and time over small land. They should have taken that check from the builder and call it even.

If they wanna follow the outdated land plot, give them back the backyard and tell them to cut the house where the original line supposed to be. lol. assholes..

what phone doesnt feel expensive anymore?? i mean really i can remember when the brick phones were for a penny and that was with no contract.. haha they were giving those things away... now to get a phone with no contract it costs the same as a computer..
wife's galaxy s3 feels bit cheap in hand compared to nexus. used bit too much plastic on the s3. its the service carriers that are bloating the cost of phones these days with expensive plans.

few of my friends used to sell cellphones and its amazing how much the cellphone retailers are making. not sure if the profit level is still same but in very simple math, you sign up $50 plan for 2yr contract. its $50 x 24months = $1200. from $1200, half is given to the retailer and another half is carrier's profit.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM
WTF?

Yep the rear brakes need to be replaced, meh!
trying to get the few days after jan 1st off if i do possibly could come over then.. if not i am free that weekend rain or shine shouldnt be an issue

Wifey is trying to blame missed maintenance on a certain vehicle on me. She wants me to take said vehicle to shop for required maintenance. Funny how it's her car until the time comes that it needs repair.
Do you get this BS from your wifes? Seriously, what gives? I know she doesn't like dealing with mechanical issues, but I Always Get The Bill!!!:
always your issue when its there things when it breaks or arent working right and do-hinkeys are out

Originally Posted by minkl81
Think the neighbor behind doesn't even have a chance of winning.. Waste of their money and time over small land. They should have taken that check from the builder and call it even.

If they wanna follow the outdated land plot, give them back the backyard and tell them to cut the house where the original line supposed to be. lol. assholes..

wife's galaxy s3 feels bit cheap in hand compared to nexus. used bit too much plastic on the s3. its the service carriers that are bloating the cost of phones these days with expensive plans.

few of my friends used to sell cellphones and its amazing how much the cellphone retailers are making. not sure if the profit level is still same but in very simple math, you sign up $50 plan for 2yr contract. its $50 x 24months = $1200. from $1200, half is given to the retailer and another half is carrier's profit.
and we give in to the prices.. =( what really chaps my hide are these spam text messages ive been getting.. starting to piss me off.. carriers BLOW! i dont hand my cell number out so its gotta be verizon selling it 3rd party.. pisses me off they do that
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Suzuka Master

always your issue when its there things when it breaks or arent working right and do-hinkeys at
Wish that the girls would show a little more interest in the subject of mechanical items. Carrie doesn't seem to understand the value behind my knowledge base until it effects her time. Then I must be the household representative who deals with service representatives and hvac dudes. Seriously, she can operate a heart lung bypass machine but can't understand the programable thermostat. Girls

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!