Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

Alaska district parts and service manager

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alaska district parts and service manager

Does anyone know who the District parts and service manger is (office) or the zone office. Service bulliten 06-049 about the AFS system says if out of warranty I might be eligible for goodwill consideration to get the AFS maodule fixed in my 05 RL. It says you need to contact the above office for consideration. Just trying to find out where that office is. I am in Alaska and can't seem to find who I need to contact. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
How about the service manager at the dealer in Anchorage? OR Acura Client Services.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyrader
Does anyone know who the District parts and service manger is (office) or the zone office. Service bulliten 06-049 about the AFS system says if out of warranty I might be eligible for goodwill consideration to get the AFS maodule fixed in my 05 RL. It says you need to contact the above office for consideration. Just trying to find out where that office is. I am in Alaska and can't seem to find who I need to contact. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Good question.

It's actually not you that needs to contact the District Parts and Service Manager (DPSM) for goodwill consideration. The DPSM is the direct contact for dealers for any kind of warranty administration or consideration of goodwill outside of the factory warranty. The service bulletin is posted information by American Honda Motor Co. for Acura dealers to follow procedure.

Your two choices are to take your car to the local dealer, have them diagnose and verify the issue and then ask them for goodwill consideration for the repair. The dealer is not allowed to ask for goodwill without diagnosing the problem first hand. Goodwill consideration is based off of your product loyalty to the Honda/Acura brand and your service history with Honda/Acura dealers and is considered on a case by case basis.

2nd choice is to contact Acura Client Services (ACS) and voice your concern. They will assign you a case number and you will still need to get your car to an Acura dealer to have the issue diagnosed and verified. The dealer will then contact the DPSM for goodwill consideration and the ACS rep will be in touch with both the dealer and the DPSM.

If you are not within 50 miles of an Acura dealer, ask ACS if you can take it to your local honda dealer because of the distance. That is the only way a Honda store will be able to administer an Acura warranty repair. The ACS rep will stay in contact with you until a decision has been made. Here's the number for ACS
1-800-382-2238

Best Regards,
Charles
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Charles, I will call ACS
Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by nsxlife
Good question.

It's actually not you that needs to contact the District Parts and Service Manager (DPSM) for goodwill consideration. The DPSM is the direct contact for dealers for any kind of warranty administration or consideration of goodwill outside of the factory warranty. The service bulletin is posted information by American Honda Motor Co. for Acura dealers to follow procedure.

Your two choices are to take your car to the local dealer, have them diagnose and verify the issue and then ask them for goodwill consideration for the repair. The dealer is not allowed to ask for goodwill without diagnosing the problem first hand. Goodwill consideration is based off of your product loyalty to the Honda/Acura brand and your service history with Honda/Acura dealers and is considered on a case by case basis.

2nd choice is to contact Acura Client Services (ACS) and voice your concern. They will assign you a case number and you will still need to get your car to an Acura dealer to have the issue diagnosed and verified. The dealer will then contact the DPSM for goodwill consideration and the ACS rep will be in touch with both the dealer and the DPSM.

If you are not within 50 miles of an Acura dealer, ask ACS if you can take it to your local honda dealer because of the distance. That is the only way a Honda store will be able to administer an Acura warranty repair. The ACS rep will stay in contact with you until a decision has been made. Here's the number for ACS
1-800-382-2238

Best Regards,
Charles
^Good to know Acura trolls here.