AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Norcal (https://acurazine.com/forums/norcal-309/)
-   -   San Jose - what to do? (https://acurazine.com/forums/norcal-309/san-jose-what-do-855527/)

TSXy Luster 04-27-2012 04:04 PM

San Jose - what to do?

Will be heading to San Jose on business next month...... what is there to do there or around the area?

Possibly bringing family along, so would be nice to know if they could be doing other stuff in the area while I'm working.

Thanks.

djtanveer 04-27-2012 06:32 PM

Winchester Mystery House. I hear its fun. Ive lived hear all my life but havent gone yet.

If you want to shop around you can visit Santana Row.

That's all I got...lol

dano4o8 04-30-2012 04:07 AM

I dunno..what do you like to do? clubbing, eating, sight seeing?

Batosai 04-30-2012 08:14 AM

depends on what your plans are...but if you like dry aged steak (Kobe beef specifically),
the go no further than Alexander's Steak House...

DecaFe1 04-30-2012 03:50 PM

not much to do in san jose specifically..but youre close enough to SF for a nice weekend with the family if youre in the area long enough. Fam might enjoy shopping in San Jose, winchester was a good idea, and we also have a theme park Great America....if you're looking for fine dining in the area, just post in here with your preferance and budget and i'll have some suggestions for you.

mR742 04-30-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster (Post 13735632)
Will be heading to San Jose on business next month...... what is there to do there or around the area?

Possibly bringing family along, so would be nice to know if they could be doing other stuff in the area while I'm working.

Thanks.

SJ - Santana Row, Clubs, Malls, Movies, Shopping, LB Steakhouse, 'Collectives' if you're into that stuff or looking to get your license, Raging Waters, Mystery House, Drive-Ins, Karaoke, What ever event 'In The Park' theyre having that day/weekend

Cupertino - Alexander's Steakhouse, Movies, Shopping

Santa Clara - Great America, Movies

SF - Clubs, Malls, Movies, Shopping

Napa - Wine Tasting, Dining

Santa Cruz - Beach, Wine Tasting, Hippies

Los Gatos/Saratoga - Forbes Mill Steakhouse

twx 05-01-2012 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by mR742 (Post 13742364)
SJ - Santana Row, Clubs, Malls, Movies, Shopping, LB Steakhouse, 'Collectives' if you're into that stuff or looking to get your license, Raging Waters, Mystery House, Drive-Ins, Karaoke, What ever event 'In The Park' theyre having that day/weekend

Cupertino - Alexander's Steakhouse, Movies, Shopping

Santa Clara - Great America, Movies

SF - Clubs, Malls, Movies, Shopping

Napa - Wine Tasting, Dining

Santa Cruz - Beach, Wine Tasting, Hippies

Los Gatos/Saratoga - Forbes Mill Steakhouse

^ what he said, +1.

Then if you're bringing kids, there's lots for the kids to do too. (if you have kids)

SJ has Happy Hallow. Fremont has Ardenwood. Gilroy has Busch Gardens. Monterey has the Aquarium.

mR742 05-01-2012 10:58 AM

Oh yeah, Tech Museum, w/e event they have going on at the Shark Tank, plenty of petting zoos/parks, Oakland has Fairy Land, Morgan Hill has Bonfante Gardens, SF has some really nice museums/zoo's