Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
expensive ass fix its!!

so i got pulled over a while ago on 880S in fremont

well the cop gave me 3 fix it tickets:
-tinted tail lights, nd he check marked "no" in the correctable box
-tinted front windows, checked marked "no" in the correctable box
-no front license plate, checked marked "yes" correctable box

isnt all the violations correctable? so why did he put no on the tints?
i just got the letter in the mail and the fines are:

$510 if i dont get them fixed
$356 with proof of correction
and the other option is go to court

isnt that hella for 3 fix tickets, i taught it was like $25 per ticket.

are the fines listed on the letter, only if i don't go to court?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Racer

so does anyone know, if that is a normal fine for 3 fix it tickets?
and are the tint tickets supposed to be non-correctable?

also if i go to court about this would it be like $75, from what i heard, people said a fix-it ticket should not be more then $25 per ticket.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by silvertl510
so i got pulled over a while ago on 880S in fremont

-tinted tail lights, nd he check marked "no" in the correctable box
-tinted front windows, checked marked "no" in the correctable box
-no front license plate, checked marked "yes" correctable box

isnt all the violations correctable? so why did he put no on the tints?
i just got the letter in the mail and the fines are:

$510 if i dont get them fixed
$356 with proof of correction
and the other option is go to court

isnt that hella for 3 fix tickets, i taught it was like $25 per ticket.

are the fines listed on the letter, only if i don't go to court?
Tinted tail lights I'm not sure about. But tinted front windows and no front plates are definitely fix it tickets. Call the court and see if you can set a court date and ask a Judge.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This makes me glad I know about 10 cops
Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
9th Gear

You are correct in your assumption that all the violations may be correctable. However, in the view of the officer, if the violations are on-going and/or habitual, he can make them non correctable. Always remember, the judge has the final decision. If you are able to convince him/her that you are repentant and the violations won't be repeated, the judge may grant them all correctable and just impose a nominal fine much less than stated on your bail notice. Be nice and humble in traffic court.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
fix the problems first, and bring proof that you did.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like they are basically making you pay the full fine for 2 of the violations. The corrected ticket for the license plate will drop the price down. The state really needs money.. I'm guessing that's why they marked it non correctable.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:49 AM
bye Acura, hello Toyota

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
being humble & polite in court is always a plus...and hell yez the state needs money...i still fume over the red light violation ticket i got that was w/ photo of me turning into a damn shopping mall at past 1030 pm over at the marina exit off 880...about $600 that damn thing cost me...
Old 07-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Racer

yea ima get the tickets signed off, but hopefully the judge will LOWER the fines
Old 07-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a ticket for tint and no plates in Fairfield and the CHP officer said that it wasn't correctable but I went ahead and had them signed off. The judge appcepted it and dropped the fine to just 50 bucks from like $400.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

same here. I just got pulled over 2 weeks ago in Hayward. Was just passing the exit for the bridge when i saw a guy rear end someone and started running off. Was thinking to myself how fucked up that was when all of a sudden a i see CHP was pulling up behind me. I thought, cool, the cop saw and is going to chase. Lights came on, i move over to the right. He follows. Move over to the slow lane. He follows. Now i'm saying to myself WTF? I'm getting pulled over. Fucker writes me up for tinted front windows (not windshield), no front license plate and for having a plastic license plate cover that covers the rear license plate (apparently you can only have it cover the tags but not the numbers/letters. Lucky for me my fiance's uncle is a cop for SJPD. He wrote it off. I just have to wait for the notice in the mail and then take it in to pay the fines. It comes out to 75 bucks from what he said, $25 per fix it.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I got pulled over in the past and the officer got me for tinted fronts and put non correctable. I had to go to court in oakland and get it fixed to correctable and then get it signed off and pay the $11 fix it fee.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Whats up with the bay area cops? Police and CHPs here in the valley, aren't such D_cks. I've had all my cars tinted since I was 15 and have got a total of 3 or 4 tickets.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Originally Posted by aztec209
Whats up with the bay area cops? Police and CHPs here in the valley, aren't such D_cks. I've had all my cars tinted since I was 15 and have got a total of 3 or 4 tickets.
valley as in "like" the valley? SFV or SGV? nonetheless down south POs have much more crap to deal with then cars. However, the bay area POs weren't all anal until the recent cut back in funding so i am guessing they are ramping up to get funds where they can.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Racer

I got a ticket for tint and no plates in Fairfield and the CHP officer said that it wasn't correctable but I went ahead and had them signed off. The judge appcepted it and dropped the fine to just 50 bucks from like $400.
Originally Posted by klepto
I got pulled over in the past and the officer got me for tinted fronts and put non correctable. I had to go to court in oakland and get it fixed to correctable and then get it signed off and pay the $11 fix it fee.
damn hopefully my judge is cool and he drops the fine, but thanks. both ur post made me feel better haha

Originally Posted by meesheddie
same here. I just got pulled over 2 weeks ago in Hayward. Was just passing the exit for the bridge when i saw a guy rear end someone and started running off. Was thinking to myself how fucked up that was when all of a sudden a i see CHP was pulling up behind me. I thought, cool, the cop saw and is going to chase. Lights came on, i move over to the right. He follows. Move over to the slow lane. He follows. Now i'm saying to myself WTF? I'm getting pulled over. Fucker writes me up for tinted front windows (not windshield), no front license plate and for having a plastic license plate cover that covers the rear license plate (apparently you can only have it cover the tags but not the numbers/letters. Lucky for me my fiance's uncle is a cop for SJPD. He wrote it off. I just have to wait for the notice in the mail and then take it in to pay the fines. It comes out to 75 bucks from what he said, $25 per fix it.
wth damn tht hella sucks, well i kinda know some cops but im not tht cool with them so idk if they will write my tint off. but ima try to hit them up this weekend to see if they would
Old 07-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Racer

idk, this is my first ever ticket and hopefully last one too

valley as in "like" the valley? SFV or SGV? nonetheless down south POs have much more crap to deal with then cars. However, the bay area POs weren't all anal until the recent cut back in funding so i am guessing they are ramping up to get funds where they can.
thats why i think he wrote uncorrectable for my tints.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Pro

they officer puts non correctable on it if 1) he's an ass 2) state needs money 3) he probably thinks your not going to correct it. my friend also got a 500 dollar fix it ticket for no front plate and tints only front plate was correctable but not tints.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Did they say anything about the modified headlights?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Intermediate

geez, I didn't know CHP pulls people over for fix-its like tint and no front plates now. I always thought the city cops handle that stuff. I gotta be more aware now since my tint is 20% all around and pretty dark.

I got ticketed in Milpitas in November for tint and no front plate, but got it signed off and paid $50.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by boomdizzle
geez, I didn't know CHP pulls people over for fix-its like tint and no front plates now. I always thought the city cops handle that stuff. I gotta be more aware now since my tint is 20% all around and pretty dark.

I got ticketed in Milpitas in November for tint and no front plate, but got it signed off and paid $50.
well this cop actually pulled me over for my tinted windows nd tails. after he was done writing the tickets for those two, he comes back and was about to give me the ticket but pulls it back and walks to the front of the car and says "where your license plate". then we walks back to his car nd writes tht up too.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Instructor

Wow, I didn't know they can mark in non-correctable. I just paid off my fix it ticket for my front tints. CHP got me on 880 during commuting hours. I was pissed, I thought he had better shit to do like carpool violations or something but I guess not.

I recently got a speeding ticket with the option to go to traffic school. Can I schedule an arraignment, plead guilty and the judge will lower the fine?
Old 08-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Racer

yea so i went to court today, got it reduced to 75!!! for the 3 violations.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Awesome!!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Intermediate

that sounds about right. stupid cop tried to get you to pay the full fine. do they do that on purpose, hoping that you don't fix it cuz it says non-correctable?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by boomdizzle
that sounds about right. stupid cop tried to get you to pay the full fine. do they do that on purpose, hoping that you don't fix it cuz it says non-correctable?

im not really sure why, but i do know that fix it tickets money goes straight to the city not state. so i think that the cops mark it non-correctable hoping the judge will keep it that way and the city will get more money.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Originally Posted by TRIOD3SIGNS
nope!

nice!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 AM
9th Gear

i think some cops just dont know wht they are doing. i got a ticket for my front windows tinted also but the cop put it as correctable. i never got the paper work in the mail and my court date never came up on the automated machine for the court house. my friend has an uncle who is a CHP and he said sometimes when they put the wrong code violation on the ticket it is sent back to them and they are supposed to correct it, if this is true then these rookies cops might have made a mistake on your ticket silvertl510
Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Son Michael got a fix it ticket in Fresno for taillights in the XB which I purchased thru Bingham Toyota
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Son Michael got a fix it ticket in Fresno for taillights in the XB which I purchased thru Bingham Toyota, Got a headlight ticket in the RSX in Clovis
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM
9th Gear

If you purchased the XB from the dealer with the tail lights in non-compliance then received a citation for the violation, you need to contact the dealer. Any dealer located in California shall sell vehicles that are equipped as "required by the California vehicle code".
The dealer is completely on the hook for the sale of a vehicle that does not comply with all equipment issues. You should have the dealer correct the tail light problem, then refund you monitarily for any out of pocket expenses you may have incurred as a result of the citation. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I bought my TL from a CHP from the South Bay area...he didn't have the front plate installed and told me the car was too beautiful to install it. I agreed and got a lifelong hookup for this car - just another hookup of many

I read an article in the SJ Merc and it mentioned that cops are targeting front license plates and tints because they are low hanging fruit. I'm in Milpitas and have been lucky thus far
Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Originally Posted by AcuraElement
I bought my TL from a CHP from the South Bay area...he didn't have the front plate installed and told me the car was too beautiful to install it. I agreed and got a lifelong hookup for this car - just another hookup of many

I read an article in the SJ Merc and it mentioned that cops are targeting front license plates and tints because they are low hanging fruit. I'm in Milpitas and have been lucky thus far
how does that hookup work? Unless said CHP is the one pulling you over then i can see him not writing you up. If some other dirtbag pulls you over he may write you up regardless of whom you bought it from. Unless you mean the cop you bought it off from is willing to do unlimited write offs lol. The last possibility is that you get to name drop and all the CHPs leave you alone. That would be a sweet ass deal indeed.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
how does that hookup work? Unless said CHP is the one pulling you over then i can see him not writing you up. If some other dirtbag pulls you over he may write you up regardless of whom you bought it from. Unless you mean the cop you bought it off from is willing to do unlimited write offs lol. The last possibility is that you get to name drop and all the CHPs leave you alone. That would be a sweet ass deal indeed.
He'd sign the fix it ticket without me having to actually fix it, but I'd still have to pay the small fine. Not sure if I get fined more the second time around. I'd have to use different signers also. I gotta stop thinking about this because it's creating a fix it ticket vibration and we don't want it to manifest.

The last possibility you mention would'nt work unless you're the Godfather, although I'm sure his name might carry some weight and I'm always apologetic to cops.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by notbrant
This makes me glad I know about 10 cops
That makes me glad your a fellow Acurazine member.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn man...I'm sorry that's hella lame.

Hope it all gets sorted out to your favor.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Damn man...I'm sorry that's hella lame.

Hope it all gets sorted out to your favor.

yea it did, i got it reduced to $75, from $350