CWCWWW: Car Wash for Cancer! Wash and Wax on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011 | 08:03 PM
Need more room in

CWCWWW: Car Wash for Cancer! Wash and Wax on Weekends

Car Wash for Cancer! 40$ Wash and Wax on Weekends.

50% of it will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

Or donate directly by clicking the following link!
The American Cancer Society - 2011 Relay For Life of Hayward CA:
*Money paid goes directly to ACS

For all other inquiries, please email/call/pm for a quote.

In 2006, my childhood babysitter, a mother, a wife, and my mother's best friend, Lorna Yeung, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went through many stages of chemotherapy and was on the road to recovery. Late 2007, we got news that there were still traces of the cancer, and that it had spread too far for radiation treatment to do anything. Lorna had a mental breakdown following the news, and what we thought was mental became physical. Her body stopped fighting the disease and she already knew that she was not going to make it. On my Birthday, March 26, 2008, she gave me a call to wish me a happy birthday, and told me to do everything that I can to keep my mom happy, and to never take anything for granted. I stayed on the phone for over an hour with her, listening to her stories of me. I didn't understand that this was her goodbye message to me until a few months later. On 7.27.08, her husband woke up beside Lorna, not breathing.

Since she has been diagnosed, I have been actively volunteering for the American Cancer Society whenever and wherever I can, in hopes of finding a cure for cancer patients. This year, a few friends/ACS colleagues decided to start our own fundraising team, and currently leading in the money raised.

Below is a pie chart showing you where your money is going

Fact:
* Every 50$ helps fund five rides to and from treatment for a cancer patient

This is for a great cause..if you know or had met anyone that had suffered, recovered, or passed away from cancer..this is how you can make a difference. You may not able to cure cancer, but you do hold the power to help find a cure and touch the lives of many.

Pack lunch to work one day, have one less beer at the bar, take public transportation to work one day. As little as 5$ (minimum) donation will go a long way. From now until the relay (June 4th), if I can raise 5$ a day, thats 600$+!

*Money paid goes directly to ACS

Please support me and my team by the following link

The American Cancer Society - 2011 Relay For Life of Hayward CA:

In loving memory of
Lorna Yeung
10.12.55 - 7.27.08
Old 02-01-2011 | 08:23 PM
Racer

pretty good deal, i might jump on this my cars hella dirty