New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

What’s up from the Bay!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018 | 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

What’s up from the Bay!

What’s going on guys, I’m Tanner and I’m a 22 year old College kid just trying to figure out life right now. Currently own a 2005 Base TL that I’m trying to build, but the debt keeps piling up haha! I’ll submit some pics of the car as of today. Below I will explain what I want to do and hopefully you all can lead me to answers with the questions I ask! With that said here we go:

1) I am looking to get the type S style side skirts, rear bumper and front lip. I have read about figment issues, but I’m a truck guy all my life so when it comes to cars I’m clueless. Can anyone lead me to where I can buy the rear bumper piece especially, because I want to convert to the quad tip look! The side skirts and front lip are also handy because I want an aggressive look. (See the pic of the car and you’ll see why I want the body pieces)

2) I just put on these wheels today , earlier, when this post is posted. 18x9.5 all around Aodhan ds01 black chrome finish. I am looking To just go with springs, as I’m not looking for coil overs at the time. It’s a stock height with 18” wheels and as you see I have gap. Would a 1” drop all around do me justice in clearing that gap or what is the best route to go? I am more of a flush to the fender guy, and less static/tuck style. Any suggestions on spring brands that could do me justice? If the wheels are a little tucked it’s okay, but I’d prefer not.

3) Lastly, I have both mufflers deleted and one resonator deleted so I’m running the regular stock exhaust with only one resonator and that’s it. It’s ours nice but isn’t mean or deep or loud enough. Could trooping it and doing just mufflers and no resonator do any difference? I don’t want a raspy sound, just a loud, mean sounding TL! Let me know.

Aside from that, I plan to do a nice stereo set up down the line, tune the car and put an intake. I don’t plan to turbo and what not as its high miles. Also a back duckbill wing maybe. I’m not a car guy so what other mods/appearance upgrades would you guys recommend for these TL’s? Help me make my build better! Thanksguys and I’m glad to be in the group!
Old 01-05-2018 | 11:16 PM
3rd Gear

Old 01-06-2018 | 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to the forumz!

Before any(more) cosmetic mods, I suggest getting the vehicle's maintenance caught up (ex: 105k service)
Especially with a 2005 transmission, since they are known to have issues, I would definitely focus on maintaining the car before anything else

ALSO:
Type-S sideskirts are the same as base sideskirts.
Head over to endlessrpm and order the Aspec kit from them...
If your thinking of doing exhaust mods, I suggest doing a stage 3 (mid muffler delete, replaced with a dynomax resonator) and see how you like that sound.
Getting jpipes and all that stuff, costs serious money. I have done the stage 3 on both my TL's and it keeps me happy, but everyone has their own tastes

Lastly, take back those rims and try to get a refund cuz they fugly
The following users liked this post:
Tanner Barcelos (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018 | 01:38 PM
3rd Gear

Maintenance is done already.
Secondly, I like the wheels I have so no I will not be returning them, but the wheel gap makes it look somewhat ugly, so I need that taken care of ASAP.
Thirdly, do I remove the mufflers, and one of the resonators and then slap the dump max or how do I do that? Again I’m a truck guy and only know truck exhaust set up, suspension, etc. I have read a lot on this dunomax setup, so I’m interested.

Thanks