New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Sort of new

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sort of new

I've been here before but I finally found my car. So I guess I'm new here.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:40 AM
'07 Infiniti G35

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Great! What car did you end up choosing?
Old 02-14-2020, 10:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Squanto
Great! What car did you end up choosing?
2008 TL Type S with the six-speed manual, I need to get A new set of tires and I'm going to change the oil to Amsoil oil with a Royal Purple oil filter. I also need to get it online because it pulls to the left but then I found out that left front tire was 10 pounds low, so that might have caused some of that. This is the first one I've ever seen in real life. I've been looking for over a year and a half. It is 183000 MI. It's black. On black.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mntype-s
2008 TL Type S with the six-speed manual, I need to get A new set of tires and I'm going to change the oil to Amsoil oil with a Royal Purple oil filter. I also need to get it online because it pulls to the left but then I found out that left front tire was 10 pounds low, so that might have caused some of that. This is the first one I've ever seen in real life. I've been looking for over a year and a half. It is 183000 MI. It's black. On black.
The side mirrors are discolored, but I think I'll just live with that. The cruise control is kind of weird. I hit the main Cruise button, but it would not set. So I'm not sure if it works or not.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

The side mirrors are discolored, but I think I'll just live with that. The cruise control is kind of weird. I hit the main Cruise button, but it would not set. So I'm not sure if it works or not.
Also when I switch between gears when I'm Shifting the RPMs don't really seem to drop very fast. It's been awhile since I drove a stick. So maybe this is normal. What I mean, is that say I in 2nd gear shifting to 3rd gear? I let off the gas pushing the clutch and RPMs don't drop very fast. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm not sure if this is normal.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:40 PM
Longtime Lurker

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts
Also when I switch between gears when I'm Shifting the RPMs don't really seem to drop very fast. It's been awhile since I drove a stick. So maybe this is normal. What I mean, is that say I in 2nd gear shifting to 3rd gear? I let off the gas pushing the clutch and RPMs don't drop very fast. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm not sure if this is normal.
Congratulations on the TL, the 3g manuals are getting hard to find! I'm similar, been on the site for a while, but only recently bought an Acura.
I noticed the same with my 2012 TL 6MT. Coming from an 04 Civic Si, it felt very odd how the revs took a while to drop comparatively speaking. I don't care for it either. What I have gathered is the flywheel is quite heavy and keeps it's inertia for longer. Probably something the PM's thought was a good idea for a near luxury class vehicle to improve smooth shifting. With that amount of miles, when the clutch starts to slip it might be a good time to also go with a lighter flywheel if you still are not happy with the feeling.