New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

RDX instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 06:23 PM
DotNetWarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile RDX instrument cluster

Hi All -
I'm new to the forum, and hope this makes it to the RDX threads.

Anyhow, I have a 2020 RDX advance and have been experiencing an odd behavior regarding the instrument cluster.

More specificaly, whenever I drive through an underpass, or through a moderately shaded section of road, my instrument cluster dims considerably. All this while driving during daytime hours. I double check that the headlights have not automatically turned on--to no avail. When back in brighter conditions, it returns to normal; however, this behavior seems counter to what it should be doing.

The owners' manual (p.351) under "Vehicle/Lighting Setup/Auto Interior Illumination Sensitivity" allows for changing the sensitivity, however, this doesn't help much, maybe just a little?

My question is: have any of you guys experienced this? Probably a software bug, but wanted to see if this is an isolated situation before confronting the dealer.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2022, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,711 Likes on 6,718 Posts
Welcome, I see that you've already created a new thread in the RDX subforum so I'm going to close this thread here