New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New TSX/TL owner in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New TSX/TL owner in Texas

Hello everyone. Looking forward to gathering information about my new acquisition - my new (to me) 2005 TL. Though I have a 2004 TSX sitting in my backyard with a blown head gasket (her fate is still uncertain), I learned enough about Acuras with her to look for a TL at first opportunity. He (he's definitely a 'he', the TSX was a 'she') doesn't need much - the previous own took very good care of him and provided records to give me a baseline maintenance strategy. I'm not a mechanic, but I can do the basic stuff, and I intend to keep him healthy and running strong. Not very interested in add-ons and associated tweaking - I love it stock - but if there's an improvement that makes sense, I'm all ears.

Right now, though, I have a buzzing in my front passenger door speaker and although there's a replacement on eBay, I'm wondering if a new set of components would make sense across the front? Any advice, or favorite workable substitutions? The car has navi built in.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmer149
Hello everyone. Looking forward to gathering information about my new acquisition - my new (to me) 2005 TL. Though I have a 2004 TSX sitting in my backyard with a blown head gasket (her fate is still uncertain), I learned enough about Acuras with her to look for a TL at first opportunity. He (he's definitely a 'he', the TSX was a 'she') doesn't need much - the previous own took very good care of him and provided records to give me a baseline maintenance strategy. I'm not a mechanic, but I can do the basic stuff, and I intend to keep him healthy and running strong. Not very interested in add-ons and associated tweaking - I love it stock - but if there's an improvement that makes sense, I'm all ears.

Right now, though, I have a buzzing in my front passenger door speaker and although there's a replacement on eBay, I'm wondering if a new set of components would make sense across the front? Any advice, or favorite workable substitutions? The car has navi built in.

Thanks!
Jim
Welcome to the site!
I always liked that gen TL. You will probably have a lot more luck with getting responses to your questions if you post them in the TL section of the site (apologies if you already have). - https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazi...community-104/
Good luck with the mechanical work ahead.