New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New TL owner in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New TL owner in SoCal

Howdy fellow Acura owners-

Two weeks ago I purchased 'Jackie' an '08 Acura TL w/ Nav package with just over 90k miles, she was one of very few TL's where the dash is not cracked, and I paid a premium for it (RIP my bank acct)
I am located in Ventura County & in my free time I like to do DIY projects ranging from automotive to also things around the house. Grew up riding motorcycles in the CA desert & got out of it when I started going to college.
Thus far I've done quite a bit of maintenance, including: Oil + Filter, P/S fluid, ATF d/f & replaced the radiator!

This is my first Acura product, however I have owned numerous other Honda products & other Japanese brands over the years:
1999 Accord EX 'Pat' (long gone sold at 217k miles, found in a junkyard 6yrs after I sold it)
2005 Infiniti G35 'Devil' (my high-mile queen, sold after oil burning became extreme at 256k miles)
2004 Infiniti G35 'Gloria' (First car that I heavily modified, blew the head gasket at 167k mile & subsequently sold after)
2001 Accord EX-L 'Betsy' (purchased for cheap off of a friend, and used as an 'extra' car used for around town & 'hooning', sold after I purchased my Pilot)
2014 Accord Sport 'Frank' (sold about 3 months ago to Carvana with 81k miles, had a mysterious slow A/C leak that I couldn't ever solve)
2005 Pilot EX-L 'Berta' (my camping/adventure rig; just did a 1,300 mile roadtrip up north to Tahoe/El Dorado Natl forest) Just replaced the alternator this week with a Denso reman unit!

I am active on several other forums, all of which under the same username!

Looking forward to learning more about my newly acquired TL & everything else the forums have to offer!