New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member/owner in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 03:37 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New member/owner in Alaska

Hello all.

First time Acura owner here. I have owned a few Hondas over the past 30+ years. I recently purchased a 2011 TSX Sport Wagon. It has the Technology package, a clean Carfax, was well maintained, in nice condition with 69k miles. It is replacing a 2013 Subaru Outback with about 32k miles that I have hated driving almost from the day I bought it. By contrast, the TSX Wagon is a real joy to drive, as some of you know. It will be my primary vehicle during the winter for my 18 mile commute to Anchorage. I wish it was AWD and had a manual transmission, but with a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded tires mounted, I’m getting around just fine (I’ve driven FWD cars in Minnesota and Alaska winters for many years). We had some very icy road conditions here on the weekend. Driving with a little care and common sense, the TSX shod with Nokians handled the road conditions surprisingly well.

I know there is one other TSX Sport Wagon in the Anchorage area, but probably not many others.

My summer car is a 2004 BMW 325ci, RWD, manual transimission with the Sport package. The Bimmer is in storage during the winter.

I look forward to being part of this Acura community.

Gary