New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member, owner of a 2002 Acura MDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 06:52 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New member, owner of a 2002 Acura MDX

I just bought a great condition, 2002 MDX and am in love. Wanting to keep it running for a long time, so I joined this forum to educate myself on keeping it up.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Welcome! There is a lot of knowledge and experience here so you should find just about anything you're looking for.

Happy motoring!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations! I owned a 2002 MDX since new, and sold it in 2009. It only had about 50K on it when I sold it. Loved the ride, felt the navi was a waste of money, especially
with the emergence of evolving smartphones.
Mechanically, I never had an issue, but did worry about the transmission. They came out with a fix to provide more lube to a bearing journal. The factory required a dealer installed fix that looked like the after-thought it was, an external rubber hose and a couple of fittings to distribute more fluid to where it was needed.
It was the weak spot of that model and for the next year or so. I think it was revised in 2004.
It offered a spacious cabin comfy seating,, tight 3rd row, but at least it had one. Nice cargo area. Power was sufficient if not neck-snapping, and gas mileage was decent.

Good luck with yours, after all these years would be interested in your experiences. Best of times with your new purchase.