New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member, Multiple Acura owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New member, Multiple Acura owner

Hi there folks of acurazine!

I previously owned a 02 RSX Type R auto back in high school but got totaled out when a family member drove it. Ever since I been a muscle type, previously owning a 03 mustang gt that had lots of mods but after putting blood sweat and tears into it, I decided to sell after the final piece which was an engine swap and a couple months later I sold. Ever since I still wanted something in the muscle area but thinking in the back of my head that acuras had my heart from day one. After about a year of deciding, I wanted another acura. I seen a lot of acura tl's and decided I wanted a 6mt TL type s constantly seeing them on the roads wherever I would drive and pass by. Another 6-8 months passed by and I couldn't find a 6mt type s around the east coast that was in good shape (to an extent where I would have to replace things I didn't mind) and some sort of low mileage. Everything was in AUTO and mostly overpriced. I finally landed on a 05 acura tl nighthawk black pearl w/ "peanut butter" tan interior 6MT with decent miles for cheap. I fell in love. It was being sold at a dealership for a managers special at an audi dealer that just wanted it gone after 4 months. I went out to the dealership with my girlfriend and test drove, inspected all around and definitely was sold on buying it. We bought it same day. I've been ordering, tinkering and after a good couple months I started piecing up little by little type s parts to add on to my TL. Since then, it's coming along real well. I'm missing a few things but it looks just like a type s. I'm searching here and there on everything I can for parts slowly but hoping that acurazine can help with all my questions and concerns from here on out! I will post pictures later when the weather stops being so gloomy. I hope everyone well and thanks for any help I may wander on here!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Cruisin'

New member, Multiple Acura owner-79fohvl.jpgNew member, Multiple Acura owner-yjweiwy.jpgNew member, Multiple Acura owner-7zsu6gf.jpg
Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
These cars look so good in black. Looks great
Old 09-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Are the wheels powdercoated, painted or plastidiped with glossifier? Looks good. I just hope for your sake that it isn't plastidip. EVERY car that has it's wheels plastidip looks like after a couple months.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by losiglow
Are the wheels powdercoated, painted or plastidiped with glossifier? Looks good. I just hope for your sake that it isn't plastidip. EVERY car that has it's wheels plastidip looks like after a couple months.
Thanks! They're powdercoated. I had a buddy of mine warn me about the plastidip. Wasn't going that way anyway but he gave me a stern warning from his personal experience lol.