New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

A New Challenger Has Entered Acurazine (with a quick photo progress)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020 | 11:43 PM
Intermediate

A New Challenger Has Entered Acurazine (with a quick photo progress)

5/26/2020 The very first photo I took of this car before handing over 35 crispy $20 bills, or $700. She was a real bad looking one, but what sold me was the fact that she runs and drives.

5/26/2020 This trunk is the single most embarrassing thing on my car, and it needs to go ASAP. Brake caliper blew on the 20-mile trip home. Good thing it was in South Asheville.

5/27/2020 Interior needs some TLC, and stat. She's loving the new home.

5/29/2020 Front bumper removed. This was much needed.

6/7/2020 Looks like a different 3.2TL Type-S now, with borrowed 3.2CL Type-S front wheels.

6/11/2020 She rolled 230k miles, now all she needs is the brake caliper that blew on my way home.

6/15/2020 Brake caliper and front pads finally on, but not without spraining my wrist.

6/19/2020 How Tara Lynne sits today, after spending four weeks in my hands.

I believe I may have done this introduction thing backwards, but I'm Ty'Eira Marie Morrison, from Asheville (yes, the North Carolina Asheville.) I'm a very avid car lover, and am pretty well-known (whether good or bad) in the car community, Facebook being my heaviest platform. I normally play with older GMs (specifically Quad 4 Grand Ams,) but desperately needed a Honda (or Acura, in this case) also to fill my car addiction void. I have always known I needed a Honda in my life, and was initially interested in a Cashmere Beige CB7 '93 Accord SE Sedan or a Satin Silver CG1 '01-'02 Accord EX-V6 Sedan for My First Honda... but turns out I deserved a bit more than the CG1. Little did I know I needed a UA5 3.2TL Type-S, but let me tell you about how I ran across Tara Lynne...

I'm browsing Facebook Marketplace (5/25/2020,) because I'm looking desperately for a car that runs, to replace my '91 Geo Storm GSI that didn't move for a year and a half. This Satin Silver 2003 3.2TL Type-S keeps coming back to me in all my searches, me thinking the car was long sold. So I inquire with the seller. And shockingly, the car is still there! I ask about her meticulously, from CELs and transmission shifts to requesting video of it moving. I get mostly some big-ticket items from him (the cosmetics+power steering pump and apparently "a balljoint.") The last thing to discuss: price. The ad was listed at $1,250, which I knew in my heart I couldn't do for a while yet, and was literally halfway there at this point. So I was honest, and said, "Look, I honestly wanted to offer you $1,000 to be completely fair, but I'm literally $300 shy at this moment. I don't want to insult you with a $700 offer."

My stomach is doing backflips for the next 1 minute and 54 seconds awaiting this response.

"I will gladly accept that $700, I need this car out of my sight because I'm moving," the reply reads. My response?
"Oh, I'm coming to take her home tomorrow!" (actual reply edited due to forum rules)

And the rest so far for the past month? As you see in the attached photos.
Old 06-20-2020 | 02:01 AM
Null and proud of it

Props to taking care of issues right away. Another TL saved!

FWIW I thought you traded the TL for a 2020 Challenger at first.
Old 06-20-2020 | 06:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Props to taking care of issues right away. Another TL saved!

FWIW I thought you traded the TL for a 2020 Challenger at first.
I know, I kinda threw everyone off with that particular phrase. But I still have a few issues to take care of (suspension, motor mounts, and a transmission fluid change are the only pressing mechanical issues now.) I've only travelled around 853 miles so far within the past month, but this car has left a permanent smile on my face that even Clorox Bleach can't scrub away.
The following users liked this post:
Midnight Mystery (06-20-2020)
Old 06-20-2020 | 10:02 AM

Wow. It actually looks like an entirely different car now! Nice work.

Did you replace the fender or pull the dents and respray?
Old 06-20-2020 | 10:15 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Wow. It actually looks like an entirely different car now! Nice work.

Did you replace the fender or pull the dents and respray?
I just got lucky and found a Satin Silver 3.2TL-P that arrived in the Greer, SC LKQ yard the same day I came home with my TL. It was just meant for me to have a Type-S, especially for the price.