New to AcruaZine - not new to Acura TL 3G - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, but ask for help in the Technical Forums

New to AcruaZine - not new to Acura TL 3G

Old 09-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #1

New to AcruaZine - not new to Acura TL 3G

Decided it was time to connect with the Acura forum. I bought my 2006 TL brand new from the dealer at the very south end of Silly Cone Valley. It's been mostly trouble free for all 70k miles (so far) except for the HFL bluetooth module and the cruise control on/off button not latching anymore. Wedged a toothpick in it to force it on. Mine has the Nav package and is an automatic.

Things I've had done to it, replaced or worked on:
KYB shocks front and rear at about 35k miles. I commuted Hiway 17 back then and it's nothing but 20 miles of mountainous turns.
Michelin Pilot Sport AS at one size wider than stock.
iPod dongle from the dealer.
Regular dealer maintenance until the warranty expired.
Oil changes and filters on schedule after warranty. (by me)
Fixed the dealer's sabotage of "short plenum activation DTC error" after the last in-warranty service. (they broke the wire going to the plenum solenoid)
...and probably other minor stuff I can't recall just now.

Issues that brought me here:
It's past the time to do the timing belt, accessory belt, water pump etc.... and I just ordered the parts from RockAuto.
The small info screen that displays the time, audio source and climate control settings is starting to blink on and off at random.
I need to polish the headlights again. The last attempt didn't last.

Not living in California anymore. Returned north to the land of flowing traffic and green Fir trees.

Love my TL. I had a 2000 BMW 323i sedan before this and it was nothing but trouble. Fun to drive but unreliable. Had 2 Accords in the past. Both trouble-free.

Hope I can contribute and help people on the Forum and looking forward to meeting some great people.

My real name is Mark....
Crusherman is offline   Reply With Quote