New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New to 2g TL forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 10:32 AM
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New to 2g TL forum

Hello peeps,

I'm new to this forum and forums in general lol. My name is Rashad Manifold (yes that's my real last name), I drive a '03 TL Type S. Just looking for some info and see what's out there for ideas on some of things I plan on doing with my TL.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:39 AM
5th Gear

This is where she's at now. Plenty done and nowhere near finished.
The following users liked this post:
Omi1021 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Originally Posted by UA5 Manifold
Hello peeps,

I'm new to this forum and forums in general lol. My name is Rashad Manifold (yes that's my real last name), I drive a '03 TL Type S. Just looking for some info and see what's out there for ideas on some of things I plan on doing with my TL.
Are those the factory OEM single piston front brake calipers?

If so, a CHEAP upgrade can be had in the form of a remanufactured 95 Legend GS duel piston caliper. For an example, see the link below:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...xaIZGuNnD8aUDM

If you went this route, you have to put the left Legend caliper on the right side of your TL caliper bracket and the right Legend on the left side of the TL to get the bleeders at the top.
Beware, though, some people don't like the slightly 'softer' feel of the brake pedal as a result of the swap.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
Originally Posted by UA5 Manifold
Hello peeps,

Welcome. And nice looking ride.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:38 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by zeta
Are those the factory OEM single piston front brake calipers?

If so, a CHEAP upgrade can be had in the form of a remanufactured 95 Legend GS duel piston caliper. For an example, see the link below:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...xaIZGuNnD8aUDM

If you went this route, you have to put the left Legend caliper on the right side of your TL caliper bracket and the right Legend on the left side of the TL to get the bleeders at the top.
Beware, though, some people don't like the slightly 'softer' feel of the brake pedal as a result of the swap.

They're the powerstop calipers which aren't bad at all. Had to replace my calipers because one of them keeps sticking . I was thinking about doing the legend upgrade and now I think I definitely will. I replaced the calipers, pads, rotors and brake lines already but I'd probably benefit more with the Acura legend upgrade. Appreciate the info!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
zeta (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 09:39 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Welcome. And nice looking ride.
Ayyyyyy! Thanks for the love. My little TL is coming along slowly but surely. So many plans but very little time considering this virus is messing up everything I had planned.