New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New 2019 Acura RDX Advance Package Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2019 Acura RDX Advance Package Owner

Good Morning fellow travelers,
Just found this forum from duckduckgo. I hope all is well and hoping to get some guidance from veteran Acura owners.

Bought 2019 Acura Advance Package SH-AWD last month (month-end of October week) - out the door @ $44K. (After $3K trade-in value for my 18 year old Honda).

When dealing with finance, got suckered into buying lot of options bringing my total to 53K. I have cancelled most of the options but in two minds for -

1) Maintenance - Around 1800 + tax for 4 year maintenance - includes all maintenance. They were not willing to give unlimited car washes but today talked them into it. I could not find any maintenance schedule for 2019 Acura and I hope someone knowledgeable can help. I will be driving mostly city in heavily congested area and do not see driving more than 10-12000 a year. Do you think that this will mostly be for oil changes? I was sold the idea that 2019 Acura RDX will need differential fluid change (front and back) every two years and that service itself will payoff the maintenance plan.

2) Extended Warranty - Around 1800 + tax. This is after some discount. This is for 8 years, 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. I understand that Acura covers for first 4 years and I will be basically paying this for remaining 4 years.

3) I have another basic maintenance options of enrolling for 1195 + tax for a 7 year oil change only, inspection, unlimited free car washes, once a year detailing, etc. plan from another Non-Acura but competing luxury brand dealer.

The combined total for the two options mentioned (1+2) above is 4000 including tax.

I shall appreciate if someone can guide me regarding the two options mentioned above since I still have time to cancel it and if option 3 makes sense?

Thank you in advance to all who took time to read my lengthy post and will be sending me their valuable opinion.

FYI - I am extremely lazy when it comes to car wash and vacuuming. I have another car that I take to the (option #3) dealer every week for car wash/vacuuming and they do a fabulous job. (I am bracing myself for some ridiculing too for choosing these options )

For those who maybe curious what else I bought -
1) Cilajet - I cannot cancel this but am happy with the end result.
2) Road Hazard - Cancelled
3) Key Replacement - Cancelled
4) GAP coverage - Cancelled. It was adding $10 a month for 72 month auto loan. My auto insurance is giving me this same coverage for $10 every six months.