New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New '05 WDP 3G TL Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:00 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '05 WDP 3G TL Owner

Hey Acurazine!
I've been creeping on your forum for about 3 weeks now, about the length of ownership on my 2005 WDP Acura TL base.
The car has 133k miles, Automatic trans, Black interior, unmodified
Picked up the car for dirt cheap because its needed some TLC. Your site has been very helpful in the restoration and modification process, so I Thank YOU!
Ill post some pics up here soon, the weather has been crappy here in Idaho the last few days.

Here's a list of what I've accomplished thus far on the car-
Cleaned and assembled most of the interior trim, the interior had been swapped beige for black/gray and still had loose peices
Valve adjustment along with both OEM valve cover gasket kits
Install K&N drop in filter and removed the Silencer/Snorkel, keeping the piping for ram cold air type function
De badge emblems
Used Lucas fuel treatment to rid of pesky O2 sensor Check Engine light, along with ethanol free 93 octane gas fill up
Disabled HFL
Replaced Alternator
Replaced front and left side motor mounts
Installed LED lighting kit
Oil change with OEM filter and Mobil1 synthetic
Removed crap tint
Repainted the17x7.5 MB Alpina wheels that came with the car- Graphite color
Installed 2 new Door handle caps because drivers sides were missing
Built a 304 stainless shift knob at work and installed, I'm a machinist by trade

List of things to do-
Replace axle seals- waiting on a weekend I have free, seems to leave a little puddle of oil, I originally thought was coming from faulty valve cover gaskets.
Cut and Buff car, its pretty rough
Replace Rearview mirror or install a 270mm Broadway over existing one, the stock mirror has a dark colored bubble
Purchase OEM floor mats, or like OEM if quality is to par. Requesting help here*
Purchase Lucentra D2S HID 6k bulbs
Fastline compliance bearings, I'm pretty sure mine are shot

Wish List-
Coilovers- not sure which ones yet, Tein street advanced or Flex for having the top hats as a whole
Progress rear 24mm Sway bar
Camber Kit *any suggestions for this is appreciated
Wheels and tires 18"X? lower offset prob 22 to 30
A-spec kit, not so sure if I Want to spend this much on aero for how the paint condition of this car is, Maybe if I have some expendable income but its last on the list atm.

Thanks again for all your Help!
Eric
Old 05-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Race Director

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,063 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Thx for the intro. Looking forward to some pics. (Still looking for OEM floor mats? If so, I have a set that came with my 3G TL [parchment-colored interior].)
Old 05-17-2017, 04:46 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by nanxun
Welcome and congrats! Thx for the intro. Looking forward to some pics. (Still looking for OEM floor mats? If so, I have a set that came with my 3G TL [parchment-colored interior].)
Thanks! I need to find some Graphite Black mats. Most likely to buy new ones from acura oem parts. Its always a great feeling to open new OEM parts bags =)