New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

My car might be hacked

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car might be hacked

Hello!
I'm new here and I joined to ask if anyone has had an issue where someone programmed their Acura Link to a device that was not theirs.
The day I got my car my boyfriend (now ex) started pressing a bunch of commands and setting up the display and settings without me asking. He was going so fast I wondered how he even knew what he was pressing and he said it was just like the one in his Cadillac.
So we break up and my car never seems locked, the back dome light comes on and doesn't turn off, the trunk pops open out of nowhere. The gas in the car seems to burn up pretty quickly. I was curious if he could be controlling my car remotely and starting it and letting it run while I'm working or gone to bed and turning lights on and things like that.
He did put a Mobile Device Management profile and restrictions on my phone without my knowledge and these sort of things kept happening on my last car and everything I had in my trunk got stolen which was all my expensive work equipment. I can't go through this again.
Has anyone ever heard of this type of thing happening with Acura Link?
Thanks!