New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Just picked up my 02 TL (a couple questions)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:21 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked up my 02 TL (a couple questions)

She's gonna be my mileage "beater" (feel bad saying that since she's so clean) current other car 17 gti. Past cars 15si 14 ilx 10 si 07 legacy 06 wrx 03 gti blah blah...i have a problem keeping cars.

Drivers side headlight is yellow vs blue and flickers at start up. I think it stayed constant after 30 seconds or so but i was going on my test drive so im not sure. Guess i'll swap bulbs first then go from there. Engine mounts or mount feels a little sloppy but nothing crazy. Is there a common mount that always goes bad first i should check? Gas pedal seems stiff at first tip in (i assume this car has a throttle body so ill check that and clean it first) any other things to check for this?
Will be doing tons of research now that she's home. Thanks for any answers in advance.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well for a starter the motor mounts on the TL are a problem. On my 99 I have replaced twice, but considering I have 254,000 miles on it may be a reason. One thing I will caution you on is the transmission problems these TL's have. It is with out a question a true nightmare. Acura has had a recall on them but for the most part that time frame and mileage condition is over with. From the 99 to at least through 03, and maybe beyond almost 100% failure. I also own a 03 TL and am looking at replacing the transmission. If car other then the transmission wasn't in such great shape I would part it out.