New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction

Hi from the Kansas City, MO area. I bought a 2004 TL from a relative 6 months ago. It needed clutch and brake work and other minor things. I got it for $500 and have spent another $3500. It had nearly new tires, a small crack in the dash and badly torn front seat bottoms. Work done includes new clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing, dual mass flywheel, master and slave cylinders, timing belt, water pump, seals, and front and rear pads and rotors. A few days ago I replaced the app sensor thanks to info on this site, and today I'm replacing the battery. I put sheepskin covers on the front seats(cheap thin ones so I could still feel the seat warmers).The car also has the Nav system with a 2010 disc, I may see if there is a newer version. It's been 5 years since I've had a manual and I really enjoy it. My last manual was a Ford SVT Contour.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Welcome to the Fourm, wesgreyghost. You picked a really GREAT car. $500.00! I envy you. For a $4K investment, you have a car, which would probably cost $10K to duplicate. Probably a waste of money, to update the Navi disc, IMO. Any pics.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 646 Likes on 348 Posts
wegreyshost I'm in the same position as you. bought an 06 that was neglected and cast away. I've had her for about 3 weeks and she is on the mend. You can find my progress thread in the photo section. Simple hands on maintenance goes a long way. are you able to do work yourself or are you paying for it to be done? Pics?
Old 07-20-2018, 03:43 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't have pictures and don't know how to put them on the thread anyway. I would have to have my son or grandson help me. Car is dark grey with stock alloys. I don't have a garage or even a carport and my driveway is gravel so I'm limited in what I want to tackle. I could have done the brakes but just decided to have them done while they were doing the clutch and engine work. This is my first Acura (no Honda either) and it is really nice, especially the engine. The car has 203,000 miles and the engine is very smooth and powerful. My older son had a civic that he sold with 340,000 miles. Even though my Acura is 14 years old, it is the nicest car I've owned with the most features and I have owned 45 different vehicles.