New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Honda to Acura

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:30 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda to Acura

I became a member a while back esp after I bought my first 2005 Acura TL in Sept 2015, after I wrecked my 93 Honda Accord 2x (1 - coworker accidentally ran into the front tire with his Tahoe, 2 - result of that slid off the road a year later) with 1611 miles short of 400,000. Wife wanted me to get something newer but I was hell bent on getting a 93 Accord. So we went out on a search for Accords (something made after 2000, and something she liked - 03-07 models) and saw plenty but there was windstorm in Seattle, WA which had knocked out the power so we couldn't test drive any of those cars.
Talked to a friend of mine who saw couple on auctions but they were taken or out of my price range. Then on whim I asked him if he had seen any Acuras and sure enough there was the 05 TL - he had been a salesman in Hawaii selling TLs and so he sold this to me. I've been happy with my purchase. My wife complained that the car accelerated too fast and stopped too quick - compared to her van that she had been driving.
Dec of 2015 is when her van started having overheating problems, so we parked it for a few days and she was mad not having a car. Then on the weekend while I was down in Tacoma, during lunch on that Sunday I saw a 05 Honda Pilot get listed on craigslist, made the call to take it for a test drive, showed up after my drill 2 hrs north of Tacoma and checked it out. Next day is when I got the cash and got the Pilot and wife has been happy with it.
And now the major issue I have with the TL is the knock sensor - just haven't had time to fix it so its been sitting - hopefully I will get it done this Dec. The other minor issues are the right mirror actuator (i guess, keeps clicking/ticking), the passenger window, goes down but takes a while before it comes up after going up/down for a few minutes, and lastly the battery drain i guess by the hands free link. Thanks to this I have read and am collecting the information needed to hopefully fix one thing at a time - hands free link will be disconnected for a while.

My New Baby Love!
Sept 2014
busted upper ball joint and bent knuckle
rolled backwards into the parking spot just like that
because of the bent knuckle kept chewing tires - put donut on rear
front seems to look ok
something a little buffing will take out
3 more feet to the front could have been a little dangerous
Old 10-02-2017, 06:59 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
other than the recent accident, the Accord looked great! Glad you could pick up a TL! and hope you werent too banged up in the aftermath