New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Hey everyone, new 2010 TL SH-AWD owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 01:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey everyone, new 2010 TL SH-AWD owner here!

Last weekend I picked up a 2010 TL that I plan on modifying a bit in the future. Unfortunately Its currently dark out and I don't have any good pictures of it but hopefully I'll get out tomorrow to take some pictures!
The following users liked this post:
Ascension (12-29-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 05:01 AM
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 144 Posts
Welcome to Acurazine. What other cars have you had in the past? How did you decided to purchase a SH-AWD? Were there any other vehicles that you were considering?
Old 01-01-2024, 08:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I was actually looking at quite a few other cars before I decided on this one. As a bit of a backstory I worked last summer in an effort to save up money and buy a car, which I did! My first car, a 2012 accord sedan (not the v6 unfort) was totaled by someone rear ending it while it was parked in front of my house less than a month after buying it which meant I had to go back to college without a car. That gave me a lot of time to look into what other cars I wanted while I was at school. My top picks were a hawkeye wrx, a rsx, a tsx, and the tl. I eventually figured that I wanted a car with all wheel drive since I go to college in the upper peninsula of Michigan so that narrowed it down to the wrx and the tl sh-awd. Later into my search I found out that the wrx's engine has issues with oil and is difficult to work on. Plus it was almost impossible to find one that wasn't already modded with like a hundred things. So that narrowed me down to the tl sh-awd.

To elaborate on more of what I plan on doing with mods and why I plan on modding the car is because I have never really worked on cars before but its always something I wanted to do. I figured that by installing some bolt-ons I'd learn more about how my car works and how to maintain it as well as having a (hopefully) rewarding experience to work towards. In the week I've owned it I've already installed a k&n drop in and done a badge delete as well as ordering some parts to fix the fuel cap message and the cracked tail light, though I know this isn't the thread to ask for advice on things so I'll hold off on that for now.

Again, thanks for having me! I can't wait to show y'all what I plan on accomplishing with my car in the future!
The following users liked this post:
Ascension (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 01:19 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
Welcome! That's an awesome vehicle to have in college. As you mentioned, focus on maintenance first, then you can have fun modifying