New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please!!!

Hello my name is Ambra and I’m a newcomer to this community but I have a big problem and looking around the community I don’t know if anyone could help but I’m still going to try. I have a 03 Acura el which is a Canadian car. I’m trying to locate the transmission filter but can’t find it. Not only can I not find it but I also can’t find anything online to help me locate the filter. Everything that pops up when I goggle my car is the Acura tl. If ANYONE knows where to locate the filter or if ANYONE know how to locate information about my car online that would help me out tremendously!!!!! Thanks in advanced
A.Williams
Old 08-24-2024, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,736 Likes on 6,739 Posts
I couldn't find a diagram anywhere either but

look around the engine bay on the transmission for this filter and remove it/replace it, it should be on the driver's side of the car

EDIT: in doing some more research, there's not enough information to share where this filter would be..

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/oem-20...on_filter.html

I'm seeing a handful of options depending on the type of transmission you have.. You'll need to do some research but using the 03 Honda Civic as your starting point as the EL is just a re-badged Civic. Depending on if you have a MT, AT, or CVT the filter can be in different palce,s good luck

Last edited by thoiboi; 08-24-2024 at 04:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zeta (08-24-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
One way to solve your problem is to take your car to a dealership.. If you ask the Service Dept nicely they might show you where the little critter is hiding, OR just have them do the replacement and later look for the newly installed item when you get home.
Old 08-24-2024, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,839 Likes on 1,482 Posts
Correlating the position of #7 below, in relation to the transmission, I'd guess its location is front lower driver side of the transmission case (yellow arrow)?

Old 08-26-2024, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission problem

Hello again, so on my last post I couldn’t find my transmission filter. Still haven’t by the way. But I was told that my car ( 03 Acura el ) might not have a transmission filter. Which blows my mind because my car has a transmission so I would think it would have a filter. So I guess my question is does my Acura have a transmission filter? I didn’t do my homework before purchasing this car so I didn’t know it was a Canadian car now that I do it’s so hard to get any kind of help with it because it’s from Canada. If anyone knows anything about my specific kind of car and can lend any advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2024, 05:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,839 Likes on 1,482 Posts
Originally Posted by A.Williams
Hello again, so on my last post I couldn’t find my transmission filter. Still haven’t by the way. But I was told that my car ( 03 Acura el ) might not have a transmission filter. Which blows my mind because my car has a transmission so I would think it would have a filter. So I guess my question is does my Acura have a transmission filter? I didn’t do my homework before purchasing this car so I didn’t know it was a Canadian car now that I do it’s so hard to get any kind of help with it because it’s from Canada. If anyone knows anything about my specific kind of car and can lend any advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Do your homework and review the first thread you posted below, there are answers / suggestions that you need to consider for your Acura EL.

Help please!!! - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community
Old 08-27-2024, 06:44 AM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I had a 2003 EL for many years and I just did a drain and fill of Honda ATF every 30K miles or 48K kms. There would be a filter inside the trans but not serviceable unless an overhaul. At this point, just drain and fill only with Honda ATF would be my recommendation.
The EL had known head gasket leaking issues so pay attention to lack of heat in the cabin, testing for exhaust gases in the coolant and losing coolant. It also had airbag recalls.
Let me know if you have any other questions, as I knew that car well.
Still with ACURA with a 2018 TLX.
I still have the car mats for both rows if you want to pay the shipping, you can have them.