New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020 | 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Smile Hello

Hello, I am a new member, just introducing myself. I have recently bought a lovely 2001 Acura CL Type S, it is in beautiful condition and I am thrilled with this car, it is even better than I had anticipated. I am 79 yrs. and have been an avid motorcyclist for almost 63 yrs. but had reluctantly decided that due to my worsening arthritis I would have to give up riding. A couple of my friends have the "Spyder" 3 wheeler and I considered that briefly when I learned what they paid. For $42000 I figured I could buy a pretty darn good sports car for a lot less than that, unfortunately, I discovered that there was nothing that appealed to me in my price range and then I got to thinking of a Honda Civic bit I was looking for something that was not a "cookie cutter" car and came across an Acura. Got me started looking seriously as I had decided that I did not want a manual shift and a heated seat was a requirement for my bad back and discovered the CL Type S model. After much searching and missing out on a good one I found the one I purchased, had to travel a long way for it but well worth it. As you have surmised, I am thrilled with it and happy to have found this forum which looks like being an interesting experience.
The following users liked this post:
Ranuponya (07-11-2020)
Old 07-15-2020 | 03:02 AM
Premium Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Acura! Show it to us when you can. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!