New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello

Just picked up a 2007 TL with 69,000 miles. I'm the third owner.

I bought my first Acura the middle of this year. It was a 2016 TLX. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with some of the known issues with that car. Mine had the 70MPH shimmy that no one could figure out how to fix. They swapped tires, axles, changed motor mounts, transmission mounts, etc. Al to no avail. They even flew in an engineer from Acura to try to fix it. Nothing they did changed the shimmy. Lucky for us, I had them put it in writing that they would fix the shake. Since they could not, we pursued a "buy-back" from the dealership.

Long story, but they did end up buying our car back from us for the full purchase price. They tried to deduct mileage from the deal, but we didn't let that happen.

Anyway, I've wanted an Acura 3G TL for some time, so when I found this one, I was elated. I'm excited to explore the world of Acura. Any tips for first mods would be appreciated. This one is still completely stock. I've been consuming lots of info from this forum so far. Getting a lot of good ideas. The car is going to be mostly my wife's car, but she has similar tastes to me when it comes to making a car look and perform great.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning from you guys.

Thanks for having me,
Bo Bandy, DC