New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Greetings from Scranton...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:03 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Scranton...

Hello fellow TLers.
After several months of reading all the good info here, I decided it's time to join. It has nothing to do with the fact that my 2003 TL-S (190000) would not go into drive yesterday. I bought this car as a beater winter car for $500 as it is in excellent condition.... knowing from the original owner that the tranny was acting up and would need to be fixed soon. Sooooooo, after doing the 3X Redline fluid change and adding some Lucas tranny fix, I have been driving the car without any problem at all... until last night. Long story short, I guess it is time for the AV6 swap, BUT I am curious; will an Odyssey tranny work? My salvage yard has a LOT of Odyssey trans in the 50-60K range for under $600.00. He has Accords too, but not as many and higher mileage and more $$$$. IF the Odyssey will work is the ANY REASON why I would NOT want to use one? Any and all helpful info regarding this issue is most appreciated as I really like the car and plan to keep it and want to make it as reliable as possible to get me to and fro the Penn Hospital several times a month for my Parkinsons therapy.
Also, being a newbie here I apologize in advance if this question is in error here and should have been posted somewhere else.
TIA!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I see, after a good nights sleep, you posted this question in the 2G TL https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-p...566833/page67/, so all replies for this question should be directed to that thread.

I hope you can use the Odyssey engine.