New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

First time Acura owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First time Acura owner

Hello. Daryl here (Dudley is the name on my Google account I use). About three months ago I purchased my very first Acura, a loaded, 2020 top-of-the-line RLX Sport Hybrid. Gilded Pewter exterior, Seacoast interior.

I had been shopping for a few years for a luxury sedan, and was in a 3-way tie between the RLX Hybrid, a new Lexus ES350 or the new Cadillac CT5. After driving each multiple times I kept coming back to the Acura because I loved driving it. The power, the silence, the solidity. Really, after my pros and cons check sheet the only thing on the "con" side was the outdated infotainment setup.

But I wasn't in the market for an electronic entertainment system, I was in the market for a car. Besides, the setup was easy enough to learn, I don't care about the outdated graphics, and Krell stereo sounds AMAZING.

It kind of saddens me Acura sold so few of these (and is discontinuing them), but on the plus side I never, EVER see "myself" on the road or have trouble finding my car in the parking lot.

It's snowing here now, so the attached pics are of my actual car but sitting at the dealership last summer. When I was still deciding I went there on several Sunday evenings so I could look at it alone, think and not be bothered.

P.S. Added bonus: my final negotiated price was invoice minus the $11,000 cash-to-dealer, PLUS I got them to thrown in free high-wall winter floor mats, trunk mat and trunk cargo net. All for $46k (before TTL).

Did I mention I love driving this car? Looking forward to discussing all things Acura (and Honda) with everyone!

The following users liked this post:
nist7 (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 02:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Daryl! Congratulations on your purchase. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!