New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

09 Acura TL keyless enrty

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:31 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Acura TL keyless enrty

I bought an 09 Acura TL and the key fob and keyless entry doesn't work. Nor do the buttons on the door handles work. The switches are on in the glove box. I have to insert the fob in the dash. And I only have one key fob that came with the car. Driver 2. I looked under the steering column and noticed that the keyless access fuse was pulled by the previous owner so I put a spare fuse that was under ground hood in the location. The proper fuse! But still nothing. I took my car to a dealership as I was traveling and they tried to re program the key fob and it didn't work. After sitting there for two hours they said that I had to pay for two more hours of service to run diagnostics. I didn't have the time and was kind of mad they figured nothing out so they just ripped the bill up and they said have a nice day. I feel like the previous owner did something to disable the keyless entry. The key fob is ok I just need some help because the nearest Acura dealership is 6 hours away. I am very hands on and good with electrical work I'm just not familiar with cars. I don't know what to check. And I can't ask the previous owner due to I don't know who the were because I bought the car from a dealership a year ago. Also the driver rear window didn't work so I took the door panel off and found the plug was in-attached. So that's why I feel like someone disabled the keyless somehow. Please help. Thank you
Old 12-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,711 Likes on 6,718 Posts
You didn't try the keyless entry before buying the car?
Old 12-26-2016, 11:46 PM
5th Gear

Keyless entry

unfortunately the dealer said they would buy a new key fob for me but that wasn't the problem. So they kind of did me dirty. I had the impression that it was just going to be a new key fob and that's it. That's why I'm trying to get some help cause they did me dirty and I don't want to drive that far to be done wrong over something simple like a fuse or something.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:53 AM
5th Gear

Keyless entry

i don't know if it means anything but I tried programming the garage door button to my garage and it is working properly.