AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   New England (https://acurazine.com/forums/new-england-314/)
-   -   Honda / Acura Techs in Metro Boston / Providence Area? (https://acurazine.com/forums/new-england-314/honda-acura-techs-metro-boston-providence-area-930898/)

NBP04TL4ME 05-14-2015 03:05 PM

Honda / Acura Techs in Metro Boston / Providence Area?

I know there are some Honda / Acura technicians doing work on the side in some of the other regional forums. I was wondering if there might be some in the Boston / Providence / Worcester or even further out surrounding areas who might be looking for some extra $$$ outside of the dealership. Maybe some AZ members might know some that aren't members???
We used to have a neighbor who was a Nissan tech and he always had someone else's car in his driveway. I bet New England AZ members would be able to make good use of one. :wish:

Franchise1124 05-15-2015 09:21 AM

There was a forum member in Manchester, CT (not sure where you are but less than 2 hours from Boston) that was a certified tech and doing work on the side. He did my TB/WP/etc and certainly knew his stuff. I can try and track him down if you'd like. Shoot me a PM and let me know :thumbsup:

NBP04TL4ME 05-15-2015 12:16 PM

Franchise is his AZ member name - 3rdGenHybrid? I have reached out to him in the past via PM when I needed some brake work. He answered me once but then went MIA. He got a very good recommendation from another member here on AZ, but like I said he went MIA. He hasn't been here on AZ in about 20 months.
In terms of where I am - I'm down in the Attleboro / Mansfield area and believe he was in the Windsor, CT area.

NBP04TL4ME 05-16-2015 04:05 PM

Bump - Anyone else??

NBP04TL4ME 05-21-2015 06:32 AM

Ttt

iSeeYouTwo 05-21-2015 06:43 AM

What kind of work do you need done? I have a friend who is a Tech at Bernardi Honda on Route 9 (Natick Area) who does side work.

NBP04TL4ME 05-21-2015 07:24 AM

We have three Acuras / Hondas in the driveway and it's good to have a good tech available from time to time where I can save some $$ vs. a dealer or even an indie shop and he / she can make some extra $$ on the side.
I'm sure other AZ members would be able to make use as well, not unlike - https://acurazine.com/forums/ny-nj-3...rth-nj-883797/

NBP04TL4ME 06-30-2015 06:57 PM

To those that are interested, I think I have found the New England equivalent to Paul from Clifton, NJ (see link I posted above).
His name is Nick and is on the MA / RI border. He is currently a tech at a local Honda dealer and has worked at two Acura dealers, another Honda dealer and briefly at a Toyota dealer over the last 12 or so years. Last week he diagnosed and fixed an issue I have been having over the past year in what I thought was a suspension issue. Today he did rotors and pads all the way around on my wife's Lexus for less than half what the dealer quoted me. He is a really nice guy and looking to do some more work on the side. He can do general maintenance items all the way up to timing belts and larger repairs. He is a genuine honest guy, tells you what you need or don't need done. You can PM me for more details or reach out to him directly via email at : nmangz28@aol.com.
give him a try and you won't be disappointed!

:thumbsup:

NBP04TL4ME 08-25-2015 08:20 AM

I apparently fat fingered Nick's email address above. The correct address is nmagz28@aol.com and if you would prefer to call or text him, his contact number is (401) 330-0535.

:thumbsup:

Franchise1124 09-11-2015 05:38 PM

Just figured I'd check in on this thread as I'll be needing some work very soon. I'll drop your guy a line this weekend :thumbsup:

NBP04TL4ME 09-12-2015 09:40 AM

Sounds good. I don't think you will be disappointed.

NBP04TL4ME 11-19-2015 08:49 AM

Going to have Nick mount and balance my new snows this week :thumbsup: He also is going to take a look at my whiny power steering pump :whyme:

NBP04TL4ME 12-31-2015 05:27 PM

Had Nick do some maintenance on my daughter's CR-V today.

This is what he did for me:

Oil change.
Coolant flush.
Rear differential fluid change.
Replaced battery.

Now you can say or argue that all of this is DIY, but for his rates it doesn't make sense for me to do this on my own. I don't have to worry about the old fluids and over and above the oil change, he topped off all the fluids and set tire pressures as needed.
If you need anything done - you have to reach out to Nick just to get a quote. You won't be disappointed - :thumbsup:

Novichek 07-10-2016 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME (Post 15645434)
Had Nick do some maintenance on my daughter's CR-V today.

Hi, do you think your guy still does side work? I want to have my tsx looked at about high frequency rubbing noise at highway speeds. Is he good at diagnosis?
Thanks!

NBP04TL4ME 07-10-2016 06:51 AM

He absolutely does. I have him lined up to do ball joints on my car - just haven't had the time to get my car to him. Give him a call/text and let him know you are from Acurazine and/or I sent you :thumbsup:

Rob

Novichek 07-11-2016 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME (Post 15797066)
He absolutely does. I have him lined up to do ball joints on my car - just haven't had the time to get my car to him. Give him a call/text and let him know you are from Acurazine and/or I sent you :thumbsup:

Rob

Will do - thanks Rob!

NBP04TL4ME 09-23-2016 05:15 PM

My wife's Lexus ES350 had the common water pump failure on Monday. Wasn't positive that was the issue because it died / overheated on her commute home and by the time I got to her it was getting dark. I filled overflow bottle and radiator and got it to the local Toyota dealer. Surprisingly the dealer called us shortly after we got home and confirmed my suspicion that it was in fact the water pump. Total repair cost - ......$1040!!!!! I told them I needed to think about it. Texted Nick and said he felt he could save me some $$ but needed to get pricing on parts. He got back to me in the morning and said he could take care of the water pump, new serpentine belt, seals, thermostat and system flush all for $518. :thumbsup:

NBP04TL4ME 09-29-2017 08:23 PM

Visited Nick again today -

New Timing Belt
New Water Pump
New Belt tensioner
New Pulleys
New Drive belt
Oil Change
Quick visual inspection
Top off all fluids
+/- $400 in roughly 2.5 hours - can't beat that!!!

If you need work done on your Japanese car you need to reach out to Nick!!!

jpxvboi9x 02-03-2018 03:15 PM

I also just went and saw nick and had my timing belt water pump tensioner and had fluids topped off. He does excellent work and very good price as well. I would highly recommend him and I travelled from Connecticut to get the work done at his house.

VT Skier 04-30-2018 10:53 AM

Can anyone tell me exactly where (which town) Nick is located? Thank you.

NBP04TL4ME 04-30-2018 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by VT Skier (Post 16226637)
Can anyone tell me exactly where (which town) Nick is located? Thank you.

Nick is located in Barrington, RI, just off Rt. 6 near Seekonk. I sent you his contact info via PM. Let me know if you need anything else.

VT Skier 05-02-2018 11:15 AM

Thanks Rob. I'll try to find one a little closer to Vermont.

Best,
Jon

kingofire 05-27-2018 12:37 PM

Just had an oil change and a tire rotation completed by Nick and I can't say enough good things about him. Such a nice guy! Very professional and very thorough. Brought my own oil and filter and he only charged me $20 to do the entire job!

FYI, he is now working for Boch Toyota in Norwood and if what you need is just a simple job like an oil change he'll do it at the dealership but usually at the end of the day after he's done with work.

pawelTL6MT 07-13-2018 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by kingofire (Post 16239669)
Just had an oil change and a tire rotation completed by Nick and I can't say enough good things about him. Such a nice guy! Very professional and very thorough. Brought my own oil and filter and he only charged me $20 to do the entire job!

FYI, he is now working for Boch Toyota in Norwood and if what you need is just a simple job like an oil change he'll do it at the dealership but usually at the end of the day after he's done with work.

So glad I just saw this. How can I reach him?

NBP04TL4ME 07-13-2018 09:25 AM

I posted Nick’s contact info above in post #9.
He works at Boch Honda in Norwood on Rt 1, but lives in Barrington, RI.
I will send his contact info via PM as well.

Text/call his cell - you won’t be disappointed!