AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   New England (https://acurazine.com/forums/new-england-314/)
-   -   Boston Area Clutch Replacement? for 3G TL OWNERS (https://acurazine.com/forums/new-england-314/boston-area-clutch-replacement-3g-tl-owners-880578/)

Project_CLean 02-15-2013 06:30 AM

Boston Area Clutch Replacement? for 3G TL OWNERS

anyone in the boston area know of a good,reputable shop to do a clutch replacement on 3G TLs? Ive called a few shops, but none seem to really be knowledgable on the 3G ACURA TL 6MT specifically. Our cars require the subframe to be removed,as well as some honda tools. Im trying to skip away from the dealer, any recommendations- please PM me!

cleptosis 02-15-2013 08:38 AM

call tony a-1 transmissions on huntington ave bring cash cash talks better he does only transmissions n fast great guy even does machine work also theres lee myles transmissions in w.roxbury i would have steve do it steve he builds cars

Project_CLean 02-15-2013 09:11 AM

thanks man

Project_CLean 02-15-2013 09:12 AM

anyone else with first hand experience owning a 3G TL, its a complex job compared to other hondas/acuras

3rdGenHybrid 02-16-2013 09:34 AM

What doing the clutch ? Depends on how capable you are of doing things. Can you do your own tbelt ? Do you know how to drop the subframe and disconnect the steering rack? It's a simple job if you know what your doing. Takes about 4/5 hours.

paulff3 02-16-2013 12:45 PM

If you want to go the dealer route - Acura of Peabody is excellent. Ask to have Pat work on your car. He is an outstanding Tech. The job will be done perfectly.

Project_CLean 02-18-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 3rdGenHybrid (Post 14322892)
What doing the clutch ? Depends on how capable you are of doing things. Can you do your own tbelt ? Do you know how to drop the subframe and disconnect the steering rack? It's a simple job if you know what your doing. Takes about 4/5 hours.

Thanks for the insight man. I've actually done plenty of honda clutches and have lots of experience working with their motors and transmissions. If I had the space and lift, to do the job correctly with minimal headaches. I wouldn't have asked for advice. :thumbsup:

Project_CLean 02-18-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by paulff3 (Post 14323078)
If you want to go the dealer route - Acura of Peabody is excellent. Ask to have Pat work on your car. He is an outstanding Tech. The job will be done perfectly.

thank you Sir!

3rdGenHybrid 02-20-2013 10:04 AM

Well if you want to spend the money... Take it to a dealer or shop. If you wanna save yourself a few hundred bucks, you can do that job on the floor with jack stands. If you wanna take a drive down to ct I'll be more than happy to throw it in for $500 bucks.

amdj 02-20-2013 05:25 PM

I personally haven't dealt with them, but have you tried LBJ Honda? I heard good reviews about them. I personally got mine done at Excelerate in CT. A bit far, but I felt comfortable with their experience with Acuras and they did a great job.

cleptosis 02-24-2013 10:06 PM

if you just need a lift lmk