Last race of the season

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last race of the season

Well, Mexico City for ChampCars will be the last real road race of the year.

It's going to be a long winter.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got six on DVR to get me through the winter

Next year is shaping up nicely, 14 scheduled and several TBAs, i'm anticipating at least one in South America.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Red Rider
I've got six on DVR to get me through the winter

Next year is shaping up nicely, 14 scheduled and several TBAs, i'm anticipating at least one in South America.
I just bought one of those recorders a couple weeks ago. Just in time for Australia and the terrible sound on the Spike feed. Thought the damn thing was broken before it was hardly used.

Next year should be good. Several teams still need to line up sponsors (or pay drivers), but it's better than last year. I expect Allmendinger to challenge BJ & SB for the Championship.

Still, it'll be a long time before the first race. Thank goodness for WRC reruns on speed!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Starter
I just bought one of those recorders a couple weeks ago. Just in time for Australia and the terrible sound on the Spike feed. Thought the damn thing was broken before it was hardly used.

Next year should be good. Several teams still need to line up sponsors (or pay drivers), but it's better than last year. I expect Allmendinger to challenge BJ & SB for the Championship.

Still, it'll be a long time before the first race. Thank goodness for WRC reruns on speed!

Congrats on the DVR You wonder how you ever lived without one !!!

I agree with you on next year, it should be even more stable and i think several teams may expand a car plus DaMatta returning will give them 4 previous Champions in the Series ( DaMatta, Vasser, Bourdais and Tracy ).

I just read that overall attendance was up again this year, that's awesome considering the late start and all the uncertainty right up until Long Beach.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Red Rider
Congrats on the DVR You wonder how you ever lived without one !!!
I'm still figuring it out. (Is it possible to have TOO many features?)

There's still a money issue for about half the teams. Bottom tier pay drivers don't help -- Mazzacane, Phillipe, Sperifico for starters. If we can't get backing for more young Americans, I'd at least like to see some of the better European talent come over. Most of the F1 seats are spoken for, although there are still a couple testing slots open, and with the changeover from F3000 to GP2 maybe we can get some overflow. At least many of then have solid backing.

At least we're worrying about getting enough quality drivers in the cars instead of whether there'll be a series at all. Major improvement!