Forsythe/Players

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forsythe/Players

Anyone especially you Canadians have any idea who will replace Players as the main sponsor at Forsythe ? It would obviously be a large Canadian company. Maybe Molson or Labatts ?
Old 09-21-2003, 01:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,879 Likes on 3,491 Posts
Y'know what pisses me off the most about this stupid ass Canadian regulation about cigarette advertising? You can possess pot legally in Canada but you can't advertise fuckin' cigarettes??? C'mon, gimme a break. Now the country loses 4 great races as a result. Now that is truly idiotic. I love the country very much but this just is beyond comprehension.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by Chief F1 Fan
Y'know what pisses me off the most about this stupid ass Canadian regulation about cigarette advertising? You can possess pot legally in Canada but you can't advertise fuckin' cigarettes??? C'mon, gimme a break. Now the country loses 4 great races as a result. Now that is truly idiotic. I love the country very much but this just is beyond comprehension.
Legal Pot but you can't advertise cigarettes, amazing !! I don't smoke but it is a bummer to lose a great sponsor like Players
Old 09-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Forsythe/Players

Originally posted by Red Rider
Anyone especially you Canadians have any idea who will replace Players as the main sponsor at Forsythe ? It would obviously be a large Canadian company. Maybe Molson or Labatts ?
There's been no word on a replacement sponsor.

Forsythe is one of the group that is trying to buy CART, so you have to assume he has plans for next year.

Most likely not Molson. They don't put their name on individual cars much, and they are already the title sponsor for the 3 Canadian CART races. Labatt maybe. It's been a while since they were in motorsport in a big way. There had been rumors about Pizza Hut last year, that died out some time ago.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Subie Dubie

Re: Re: Forsythe/Players

Originally posted by Starter
There's been no word on a replacement sponsor.

Forsythe is one of the group that is trying to buy CART, so you have to assume he has plans for next year.

Most likely not Molson. They don't put their name on individual cars much, and they are already the title sponsor for the 3 Canadian CART races. Labatt maybe. It's been a while since they were in motorsport in a big way. There had been rumors about Pizza Hut last year, that died out some time ago.
Yeah Forsythe and Kalkhoven are the major guys so i assume he'll have big time sponsorship.