Formula One: 2019 Season News and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
That steward's call against Vettel was ridiculous.
Unbelievable,, Sebastian won Canada
^ agree and also the shit show of qualifying changing up the starting grid was terrible. I'm a Verstappen fan and they totally robbed Vettel with that call. He had ALMOST NO CONTROL and his split second decisions could have lead to either a worse crash or another situation and we will never know. To penalize him for being human and having a situation that he could only do so much with is wrong. It'd be like penalizing Racing Point for taking off albons wing and making Haas team punch carbon fiber out the flip flop.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 5,880 Likes on 2,898 Posts
Agreed. But, Seb's little tantrum with the car, the walk back to the Ferrari Hospitality Area and moving the sign in front of Lewis's car was just disgraceful. It was unprofessional, unsportsmanlike and classless. I say that, and I'm a Ferrari fan.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,860 Likes on 3,480 Posts
and so people who have actually raced an F1 car think the same as well

https://www.planetf1.com/news/motors...ental-penalty/
Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
This was just as bad as Indy 05.

Very bad call, Hamilton just did the same thing to Ricciardo and received NO PENALTY.

To make things worse - it was on ABC. MANY new eyes always on free tv and then this.

FIA has shot itself in the foot (again).

I love this sport and it was horrible for the sport in general - Merc fan, Red fan, Minardi fan - we ALL got screwed.

I was on the verge of tears yesterday
Old 06-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 5,292 Likes on 3,626 Posts
I'm in the camp that thinks the penalty wasn't necessary, another opinion & look into the steward decision below:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...anada/4461461/

A second steering wheel input from Sebastian Vettel after he regained control of his Ferrari following his off-track excursion was key to the decision to punish him at the Canadian Grand Prix, Motorsport.com has learned.

The German driver was left angry after being handed a five-second penalty for having rejoined the track in an unsafe manner and forcing Lewis Hamilton off the circuit when he ran wide at the first chicane on lap 48 of the Montreal race.
Vettel was adamant that he had done nothing wrong, and said that he had been powerless in the situation as his car had been out of control after running over the grass.

But while it is clear from on board footage that Vettel was battling to regain control of his car after bouncing across the grass, it is understood that the stewards' decision was based on actions that Vettel took once he had got going again.

The stewards examined slow motion footage of Vettel's actions from the moment that he had regained control and started steering his car – and it was felt that it showed that the German could have chosen a different path than the one he took.

The footage clearly captures Vettel correcting an oversteer moment as he rejoins the track – which is shown by a sharp steering wheel movement to the right by the German.

Shortly after that, however, Vettel has dispatched the oversteer and begins steering to the left to follow the direction of the circuit - suggesting he is now under control.

But a split moment later, rather than keeping to the left, Vettel is shown to release the steering wheel which allows his car to drift to the right – cutting off the route that Hamilton would have taken had he had clear space.

The movement to straighten the wheel, which put Vettel into the path of Hamilton, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

A further reason the stewards established was through the use of an extra CCTV camera view of the incident, which was not broadcast on the international feed, showing Vettel's head looking in the mirrors at where Hamilton was during these moments when he was releasing the wheel to the right.

Onboard footage of the Vettel incident also shows his head looking towards the mirrors in the moment when he is drifting out, suggesting he knew where Hamilton was.

Had Vettel kept his car tight to the left once he had regained control, then there was likely enough room to have allowed Hamilton through on the right, in which case the matter would almost certainly not have been investigated.

The fact that telemetry data showed Hamilton had to brake to avoid the collision with Vettel showed how the Mercedes driver was caught out by his rival's actions.

Precedent for the Vettel decision to punish him for both rejoining the track in an unsafe manner and forcing a rival off the track was made last year in Japan when Max Verstappen was punished with a five-second penalty for a collision with Kimi Raikkonen at the chicane.

Verstappen had run wide at the chicane on the first lap of the race and rejoined in an aggressive manner, pushing Raikkonen wide on the exit.

At the time, the late F1 race director Charlie Whiting said: "You are required to rejoin safely and Kimi was there and pushing him off the track. So I think that was a fairly straightforward one for the stewards."

Seems the stewards saw it as Vettel gaining control & shutting the door on Lewis, when he could've kept a sufficient gap to prevent Lewis having to drop anchor to avoid the collision.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,490 Posts
Terrible call. Can't believe that is what had to decide the race. Does the rule not have a piece to it that it needs to be definitive that he purposely did that? Similar to sports replay rules in changing the call. I never believe he fully regains control short of just hitting the wall. The fact so many F1 racers themselves believe the same from all different teams past and present to me makes it seems this is only the FIA fault. Heck, this might have been the only race not won by Merc this season.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ttribe
Agreed. But, Seb's little tantrum with the car, the walk back to the Ferrari Hospitality Area and moving the sign in front of Lewis's car was just disgraceful. It was unprofessional, unsportsmanlike and classless. I say that, and I'm a Ferrari fan.
I agree somewhat but at the same time, the crowd loved it. It gave me a chuckle as well. Had he just parked his car there and switched the sings I think what he did might have rubbed people less.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I agree somewhat but at the same time, the crowd loved it. It gave me a chuckle as well. Had he just parked his car there and switched the sings I think what he did might have rubbed people less.
I can't deny it didn't make me snicker and I know the crowd was into it. But, he's a 4-time World Champ; he's gotta rise above and stop looking like a 19-yr old rookie. Sometimes, he makes Donald Trump look like Yoda in terms of wisdom and patience...that takes some doing.
The following users liked this post:
F23A4 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
F1, let me introduce you to VAR (video assistant referee/steward) ......
Old 06-10-2019, 02:03 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
What's up with the car colors this year? Particularly the Ferrari and McLaren colors look very dull. Have they gone to a matte coating? For such brilliant colors (deep red and orange, respectively) they've got no brightness them at all.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:41 PM
~HondaF1~

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
What's up with the car colors this year? Particularly the Ferrari and McLaren colors look very dull. Have they gone to a matte coating? For such brilliant colors (deep red and orange, respectively) they've got no brightness them at all.
I'm not positive but I believe that RedBull and Ferrari are the only matte finish cars.

Anyone?
Bearcat94 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM

I'm fairly sure the Ferrari is a matte/satin finish, the McLaren appears pretty glossy to me & the livery has grown on me.

I'm also liking the 90 years Ferrari livery much more than the MW brand.
Bearcat94 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 PM
~HondaF1~

Oof, #MeToo.

It does look good.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Ferrari claimed the switch to a matte finish was a weight saving activity; that the gloss finish was actually heavier. I don't know...sounds hokey to me. They're still getting their asses kicked by shiny MBs.
Bearcat94 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Terrible call. Can't believe that is what had to decide the race. Does the rule not have a piece to it that it needs to be definitive that he purposely did that? Similar to sports replay rules in changing the call. I never believe he fully regains control short of just hitting the wall. The fact so many F1 racers themselves believe the same from all different teams past and present to me makes it seems this is only the FIA fault. Heck, this might have been the only race not won by Merc this season.

With the "explanation" the FIA gave, the option that:
Vettel had to correct again to the right (effectively shutting out hamiliton) because the rear of the ferrari stepped out yet again rejoining the track."

WAS TOTALLY LEFT OUT. We've all seen how many F1 cars spun in the FP and Q sessions due to the aero the teams are running. Also mind you his tires are COVERED in grass and mud/dirt from going off track.

RJPOSIDEON6 is totally right, the FIA and Liberty SCREWED themselves with this race. Their goal is to get a larger fan base and this only spoils their existing base and turns away perspective fans...

As far as Vettel's "tantrum" How many of us forget how human we are? After racing his heart out, getting a podium 1st place all his work is thwarted by 1 error that many feel is not his. Even hamilton didn't want to win like he did. This guy effectively got told you are 2nd best in this your job for arbitrary reasons even though you ranked and worked hard to achieve 1st. That's pretty infuriating esp after racing in a hot car on a hot day.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:19 AM

Ferrari claimed the switch to a matte finish was a weight saving activity; that the gloss finish was actually heavier. I don't know...sounds hokey to me. They're still getting their asses kicked by shiny MBs.
Maybe, but more doubtful with modern materials.
That's how Mercedes got the Silver Arrows nickname, they stripped the paint from the cars to save weight. But, that was in the 50s.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Maybe, but more doubtful with modern materials.
That's how Mercedes got the Silver Arrows nickname, they stripped the paint from the cars to save weight. But, that was in the 50s.

Almost right--1934. I always thought silver was the official color of German cars like blue for French cars, British racing green for Brit cars, and red for Italian cars.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:02 AM

I can't deny it didn't make me snicker and I know the crowd was into it. But, he's a 4-time World Champ; he's gotta rise above and stop looking like a 19-yr old rookie. Sometimes, he makes Donald Trump look like Yoda in terms of wisdom and patience...that takes some doing.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
Almost right--1934. I always thought silver was the official color of German cars like blue for French cars, British racing green for Brit cars, and red for Italian cars.
Thanks, I knew it was way back, just 20 yrs off...
IIRC, White was Germany's national racing color?
Old 06-13-2019, 12:54 PM

https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/12/...of-2021-rules/

Leading Formula 1 teams Ferrari and Mercedes have agreed to delay formal approval of new regulations for the 2021 season by four months.

As RaceFans revealed on Sunday, moves are afoot to postpone the formal sign-off of sweeping changes to the sport from Friday’s meeting of the World Motor Sport Council to October, amid concerns more work is needed on the detail of the regulations, in particularly the technical rules.

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said the current draft of the regulations was still “green” and more time was needed to refine them.

“They are suggesting that on the principle of the objectives we are all on the same page,” he said. “But the time is running out, or the time was running out, and I think that we are late on the milestones.

“The regulations have just been published a few days ago, [they are] really green, not much of enough to be voted. So I think to postpone everything was the proper and right decision.”

Under FIA rules, as there is no regulatory structure in place for the 2021 season yet, the new regulations must be in place by the end of this month. The unanimous agreement of all 10 teams, plus the FIA and FOM, is needed for them to be delayed.

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff said he accepted the reasons for a delay but not all the teams have agreed to it yet.

“I think there are some teams that are not yet prepared to sign it,” he said in response to a question from RaceFans. “They want to tweak it.

“We have signed the document, we have told the FIA we are fine and that we support an extension of the deadline under the International Sporting Code, which normally is 18 months prior to regulatory change.”
Old 06-13-2019, 02:45 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,019 Likes on 2,497 Posts
Jolyon Palmer Analyses Seb Vs. Lewis and More! | 2019 Canadian Grand Prix

The video's are really good, but I don't agree with Palmer's analsys
Max/Kimi vs Lewis/Seb is not the same as Kimi was along side of Max and Max hit hime as well.
Lewis did back out but he was no where near as close as Max/Kimi.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,064 Likes on 764 Posts
Disgusting call.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Thanks, I knew it was way back, just 20 yrs off...
IIRC, White was Germany's national racing color?
From Wiki:

"In the 1930s the Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union teams did not apply the traditional German white paint, and their bare sheets of metal gave rise to the term Silver Arrows. A myth developed in the 1930s that the German teams did not apply white paint owing to the need to be under the 750 kg maximum weight limit; however the first "Silver Arrows" raced in 1932, before the weight limit was imposed in 1934."
00TL-P3.2 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:41 AM

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/39399...n-of-pu-s.html

Toto Wolff expects Formula 1 to focus more on electricity when the next generation of power sources come out. HisMercedes team has dominated the hybrid engine era over the last half-decade.

“I am convinced that the next generation of power sources will place more emphasis on electric driving and hybrid components. You can't doubt that, because the performance of electrical and renewable energy is improving every year," Wolff reported to motorsport-total.com.

The team boss thinks this is a logical evolution because more and more traditional components of the power unit are getting hybrid components: "That is 20% of the components in the engine nowadays," Wolff continued. "In the next generation, it will be 50%."

However, Wolff doesn't believe Formula 1 will turn fully electric within the next 10 years. "Never say never, but I would compare it to the car industry."
Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 AM
~HondaF1~

Contemplating putting my flag up or not....

Every race weekend I fly an F1 flag under my American flag but I'm still pissed about THE penalty....
Old 06-17-2019, 04:31 PM

https://uk.motor1.com/news/355145/mc...new-structure/

McLaren believes that the true benefit of the team changes it made last year will only be shown with its 2020 car, even though it has made good progress this season.

The Woking-based outfit has bounced back from a difficult 2018 campaign to currently sit fourth place in the constructors' championship, just two points ahead of Renault.

But having undertaken a major infrastructure overhaul, which has included the arrival of new team boss Andreas Seidl and technical director James Key, the outfit is convinced that it will have to wait until 2020 to show off the real benefit of its changes.
Seidl said: "This year's car, which is a good step forward compared to last year's car, has been started late after all the issues that were there last year with the team.

"I think the full extent of all the changes that have been initiated already inside the team last year we will only see next year, because it is actually the first car that is in the normal rhythm of the development.

"And when does that normally start? As soon as we put the [previous] car on track in winter testing. We see some strong or weak points on the car straight away and that is the first time actually where you start thinking what can we still develop or improve for this year's car, or are there things around that we will tackle for the year after?"

While Renault's return to form means McLaren is going to have a major fight on its hands to finish fourth this year, Seidl does sense some growing momentum inside the team.

"I think since the beginning of the season already it was definitely a good step forward with the car compared to last year," he said. "We have a car that is reacting to developments that we are bringing to the track.

"There is a lot of positive momentum, and positive spirit inside the team, which has also made it a lot easier for me to get started now.

"And it is still early days for me. Six weeks into the job: two and a half weeks on the road and three weeks back at the factory. Still I need time to understand everything inside the factory."
Old 06-17-2019, 04:31 PM

https://autoweek.com/article/formula...ernando-alonso

Zak Brown says he would need to run three cars if Fernando Alonso asked for a Formula 1 return with McLaren.

When Alonso moved away from Formula 1 at the end of the 2018 season, closing the door on his time in the sport by doing donuts with Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel in front of the main grandstand in Abu Dhabi, the Spaniard left the door open for a return to the sport.

Moving away to focus his efforts on what was ultimately an unsuccessful assault on the Indianapolis 500, Alonso’s unwillingness to completely write off a return has seen the question of a McLaren return being asked about constantly, but Brown told German publication Auto Motor und Sport that the contract situations with current drivers Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz alone make this unlikely.

“Then I first have to ask Chase Carey if I can use three cars,” said Brown. “We have long-term contracts with our current drivers and are also very satisfied with them.

“Fortunately, Fernando has not yet called. There are currently no cockpits available. Our current drivers have done super well so far. They have achieved Q3 in fifty percent of the cases and give us good feedback.

“Moreover, they get along well, so I don’t have to worry about fear when they fight each other.”
Old 06-17-2019, 04:32 PM

https://autoweek.com/article/formula...ay-williams-f1

Robert Kubica’s sponsor is not ruling out a change of teams for the struggling Polish driver.

Of the 10 teammate pairings in 2019, no gap is greater than the one between Kubica and his impressive rookie teammate, George Russell.

But Kubica, who returned to Formula 1 in 2019 with permanent arm injuries after an eight-year absence, has hinted that there is more to the gap than it seems.

“It’s a combination of different things,” the 34-year-old told Przeglad Sportowy. “I have some influence on some, as in two or three races I could have been in front of him. But other things happened that did not depend on me.

“In addition, George Russell is one of the bigger talents of the young generation, with very high skills. He has said the car is better and better, but I don’t want to comment on that. It is his point of view.”

The implication is that Kubica may be alleging that Russell is getting the better material at Williams, whose car is clearly the slowest on the grid.

“I have never driven George’s car so I cannot judge, but you do not have to drive to see some things,” Kubica said. “It can be said that we have sometimes driven in two different races because the time difference on such a short lap as Canada, where there are seven corners, shows that there are two different worlds.”

Kubica’s current contract is for 2019 only, with an ‘option’ for 2020.

His sponsor, PKN Orlen, is not ruling out a move for Kubica.

“That is for Robert and Orlen,” CEO Daniel Obajtek told Sportowe Fakty. “Everything is on the table and there are such possibilities. “We often talk about this subject, and a lot depends on the direction Robert will take. After all, he has a good sense of the sport,” he said.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Senior Moderator

What was your opinion of Lewis when he ran into the position sign in parc ferme in Monaco after Nico won instead of him?
The following 2 users liked this post by Chief F1 Fan:
00TL-P3.2 (06-18-2019), R J Poseidon 6 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-2021/4476777/

Giving teams a set amount of homologated parts to use at a grand prix has been tipped as a "sensible solution" to Formula 1's proposed major 2021 schedule change.

F1 rulemakers have proposed shifting Friday practice to later in the day and applying parc ferme conditions before those two sessions even begin.

Under the current rules this would force teams to commit to major set-up choices before running on track, in the hope of reducing costs and increasing unpredictability as well as the primary aim of the schedule change to reduce the number of days team personnel have to spend at the track.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes the way to make it work is to avoid parc ferme being as strict as it is now.

"When parc ferme was originally introduced it was going to be dangerous, and was certainly frowned upon," Horner told Motorsport.com.

"We need to give these things a try and see if it works and see if it does have an impact on the costs. What you want to avoid is the potential unintended consequences of introducing a regulation like that.

"So, maybe rather than being a totally strict parc ferme, you should still have the ability to alter springs and wing levels, but the parts should maybe be homologated so you have a set amount of parts instead of something totally binary.

"If you have an amount of homologated parts that you were able to utilise that would seem a sensible solution."

Under the current parc ferme rules, suspension set-up changes and aerodynamic tweaks are forbidden beyond front-wing levels.

In theory, reducing the opportunities to test and use new parts over a grand prix weekend would deter teams from spending money on such developments.

One side-effect would likely be that teams shift their focus to greater simulation work and dyno-testing, which would raise costs on that side.

However, Horner believes that changing parc ferme rules in conjunction with a cost cap – believed to be targeted at $175m – would reward intelligence as much as resource.

"The smarter teams will always find an advantage," he said. "You see it in Formula 2. There are teams that, with an identical car, some cars are better than others.

"That's down to the people that are involved at the end of the day and how they commit their resource. F1 is a much more extreme version of that."

Old 06-18-2019, 09:35 AM
~HondaF1~

Matteo Bonciani is leaving F1

I guess he'll still be a part of the FIA as an advisor.

Bummer.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:22 PM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...laren/4477035/

Overheating brakes set in motion a chain of events that led to the suspension breakage for Lando Norris in the Canadian GP, his McLaren team has said.

Norris retired when his right rear suspension collapsed as he crossed the line at the end of his eighth lap.

He stopped just past the pits with a small fire visible around that area of the car after running wide at the final corner.

He had gone straight across the Turn 3-4 chicane earlier in the lap, an event that the team believes signalled the start of the brake issues.

After a detailed investigation, the team has concluded that high brake temperatures ultimately triggered the fire that created the suspension breakage.

"We had high temperatures in the brakes," a team spokesman told Motorsport.com. "That caused a component failure, which basically created a localised fire.

"Because it was in an area where there isn't any air flow, it didn't get extinguished, and basically we exceeded the temperatures that carbon can withstand, and effectively that led to the suspension giving way.

"We're clear about what happened, so it's not an ongoing issue – it was a singular event."

Norris's problems were not connected to a brake temperature issue that caused an early stop for teammate Carlos Sainz.

"Carlos had brake overheating caused by a tear-off, so it wasn't related at all. We removed that and it returned to normal," the spokesman added.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Sorry, as much as the F1 world (mistakenly) believes Kubica is a good driver still, his sponsor can do all it wants but he will still be slow. Just look at his lap times against his team mate in a similarly shitty car. There's as much as a second/lap gap in times. If he makes it through the year with Williams which he shouldn't, I'd be amazed.
00TL-P3.2 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:46 AM
AZ Community Team

^ as much as I like Kubica, it's time for him to call it a day on his F1 career. There are probably other motorsports where he could excel, but Russell has shown his talent over Kubica in the 3rd tier Williams
Old 06-19-2019, 07:54 AM
AZ Community Team

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...anada/4476550/ .

If you're into the Vettel/Hamilton incident at Canadian GP, this is a must read.
I found the GPS data that showed when Vettel went to the right after the apex of turn 4, his car position (via GPS) was still to the left of car position the prior lap.
Still annoyed by the 5 second penalty.
CCColtsicehockey (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:56 AM
AZ Community Team

F1 Gossip: Fernando Alonso reveals Mercedes contact, "open" to return

https://www.crash.net/f1/gossip/9233...ct-open-return .

Not sure this was ever gonna happen but it would have been very interesting to see Alonso drive a MB F1 car with Hamilton as a team mate
Old 06-19-2019, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
Sorry, as much as the F1 world (mistakenly) believes Kubica is a good driver still, his sponsor can do all it wants but he will still be slow. Just look at his lap times against his team mate in a similarly shitty car. There's as much as a second/lap gap in times. If he makes it through the year with Williams which he shouldn't, I'd be amazed.
And, given that, even with his sponsor waving a wag of cash, who'd risk dropping a driver to take him on? More likely that Russel would get the promotion to a midfield team than Kub, IMO.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:10 AM

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/39533...-dutch-gp.html

The Zandvoort Circuit is set to make radical changes to its track to allow a greater opportunity for overtaking at the 2020 Dutch Grand Prix.

The race was confirmed for next season last month, but worries had been raised about whether the track would be wide enough to host a Grand Prix, and if it would produce boring racing.

Zandvoort last held an F1 race in 1985 and the track is doing everything possible to make a good race next season, with multiple changes being made.

The Dutch GP's sporting director, Jan Lammers, told Motorsport.com: "The Gelachbocht, the open right hand corner, Turn 3 effectively, will get a bigger run-off area.

"Turn 4, the Hugenholtz hairpin up the hill, will have a wider inside, to make the corner more fluid, so it won't be a stop-start corner.

"The same thing will happen with the S-chicane, or the Hans Ernst Bocht. That will also become more fluid by putting more tarmac on the inside.

"And then the Arie Luyendyk Bocht will be accommodated exactly to his liking, as it will be a little bit more like Indianapolis, because it will be banked.

"It will be banked in such a way that you can go flat out with DRS open, and in that way we hope to encourage more overtaking for the Tarzan corner. It will be 17 degrees, so the corner will have the same character as the last corner in Brazil."
Old 06-19-2019, 01:53 PM
AZ Community Team

Shutter Speed: Trackside With F1 Photographers

00TL-P3.2 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:23 PM

No. No. No. I am all for preventing snooze fest races but I also think adding more runoff space is the wrong way to fix tracks. I want to see guys naturally penalized for making a mistake by ending up with the grass or gravel not having to be given time penalties because they ran off onto tarmac outside the track limits.

Quick Reply: Formula One: 2019 Season News and Discussion Thread