Can M.S. win 100 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can M.S. win 100 ?

Who wudda thunk it ??????

I mean, he'll probably end the season with at least 86 or 87

So much for the new and improved Mercedes, and glad to see how much better Toyota did with Zonta, i mean it's all about the drivers according to Gascoyne
Old 08-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Rider

I mean, he'll probably end the season with at least 86 or 87

So much for the new and improved Mercedes, and glad to see how much better Toyota did with Zonta, i mean it's all about the drivers according to Gascoyne
100? Is the Pope Polish?

I really wish Panis & DaMatta had called Gascoyne out on that one -- sounds like he's making excuses for his own poor design. Those kind of comments won't endear him to the new drivers coming in either.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I mean, he'll probably end the season with at least 86 or 87 ...
It's kinda looking this way. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 17/18 wins this year -or- at least 1 or 2 more.

As much as I'm a fan of MS, I'm getting really bored with the lack of competition against Ferrari. I was hoping for a lot more from Mercedes, Honda, BMW and Renault for this last race. If MS is destined to win more races, make him work for it. No more of these walk-in-the-park, Sunday afternoon drives please.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
boosted is best

BTW - "In 1988 McLaren lost just one race in a 16-round season..." Ferrari on target for 17 wins from 18
Old 08-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by cls6sp03
It's kinda looking this way. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 17/18 wins this year -or- at least 1 or 2 more.

As much as I'm a fan of MS, I'm getting really bored with the lack of competition against Ferrari. I was hoping for a lot more from Mercedes, Honda, BMW and Renault for this last race. If MS is destined to win more races, make him work for it. No more of these walk-in-the-park, Sunday afternoon drives please.
Yeah, other than Ferrari, things are a mess. Honda is coming on but now they've got the Button controversy. Williams is underperforming and now get to start 2 new drivers. McLaren can't go 2 races without an engine failure. Toyota is an overpriced joke. Jag may not be back and if so who cares ?

Only Renault is looking up but well behind Ferrari. Things could change, but it's looking like another long season next year.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
boosted is best

Yeah, other than Ferrari, things are a mess. Honda is coming on but now they've got the Button controversy. Williams is underperforming and now get to start 2 new drivers. McLaren can't go 2 races without an engine failure. Toyota is an overpriced joke. Jag may not be back and if so who cares ?

Only Renault is looking up but well behind Ferrari. Things could change, but it's looking like another long season next year.
As much as I don't like the FIA reg. changes for next year (assuming they will be approved & implemented by the owners), maybe there will be a more level playing field and Ferrari won't have such an easy time like this year.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by cls6sp03
As much as I don't like the FIA reg. changes for next year (assuming they will be approved & implemented by the owners), maybe there will be a more level playing field and Ferrari won't have such an easy time like this year.
If they do make changes, will it affect next year ? Seems like it would take another year for the manufacturers to have an 8 cylinder ready ??
Old 08-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,451 Likes on 3,769 Posts
I'd guess MS can hit 100, at this point, I hope so and trust me, it hurts to say that b/c I'm no fan of his but his driving is on another level as against all others. Engine regs change in 06 but have not been approved in the Concorde Agreement as of yet. Still just talks. Qualifying may become 2 ten lap races, one Friday, the next, Saturday, to determine grid order. This is Jag's Tony Purnell's idea. The team managers like this idea and so do I. Button's defection shouldn't affect BAR, in fact they qualified 2nd row in Hungary (best of the rest) and that ain't no easy task. I remember years and years of either McLaren or Williams domination and so Ferrari domination will come to an end someday, hopefully soon.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
I'd guess MS can hit 100, at this point, I hope so and trust me, it hurts to say that b/c I'm no fan of his but his driving is on another level as against all others. Engine regs change in 06 but have not been approved in the Concorde Agreement as of yet. Still just talks. Qualifying may become 2 ten lap races, one Friday, the next, Saturday, to determine grid order. This is Jag's Tony Purnell's idea. The team managers like this idea and so do I. Button's defection shouldn't affect BAR, in fact they qualified 2nd row in Hungary (best of the rest) and that ain't no easy task. I remember years and years of either McLaren or Williams domination and so Ferrari domination will come to an end someday, hopefully soon.
Wouldn't that be funny to see J.V. back at BAR !!
Old 08-18-2004, 03:39 PM
boosted is best

Wouldn't that be funny to see J.V. back at BAR !!
About as much as Damon Hill returning to Williams. From what I remember, they both left F1 in a similar fashion.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean long off season while we all wait out the rumor mill to see what the skinny will be for 05.

Open wheel everywhere is in turmoil, even in F1.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by Starter
You mean long off season while we all wait out the rumor mill to see what the skinny will be for 05.

Open wheel everywhere is in turmoil, even in F1.
Yeah, with NASCAR talking about Mexico and Canada, and Toyota getting involved, it looks like NASCAR is sucking all the racing dollars from sponsors and potential sponsors. Scary

I do think these things are cyclical, but Open Wheel has it's hands full. Champ Car has turned the corner imho and next year should build on this years success, Vancouver and Denver were huge and Montreal next week should be as well