Brawn GP

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,158 Likes on 835 Posts
Jenson Button is moving towards signing to remain with Brawn GP beyond 2009, the team's chief executive said on Sunday.

29-year-old Button agreed to screw up a lucrative long-term contract ahead of this season, that was inked before big-spending Honda decided to pull out of formula one.

"I could have taken the money and run -- because it was a lot of money," the Briton told The Times earlier this week. "But what would be the point? What was I going to do with it?"

In its place, Button agreed a single-year deal on a much reduced retainer for 2009, and CEO Nick Fry believes the winner of 6 Grands Prix is now likely to renew it.

"My objective and our objective is to havehim for the rest of his career. Nothing's changed on that front," said Fry, who collected the winning constructor's trophy from the Monaco podium on Sunday.

"I think it's mutual that he would like to stay with the team. After the performance - five race wins - we should be able to get something together," he told the BBC.

Fry, however, admitted that the value of a driver that has won more than 80 per cent of the races so far this year is certain to have gone up since his haul of a measly 3 points in 2008.

"I'm sure he will be sitting there with his people and they're thinking that his price is going up the whole time," he said. "But maybe the sponsorship for the team is going up too, so maybe we can afford it."
Hmmm, I have a feeling Button will get a raise next year.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 AM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
how many races left? You'd think he'll clinch the title half way at this rate.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
brawn is kick ass now. i hope they clinch it early and start working on next year's car.

regarding kers, i heard that they are having some issues with the chassis *cough* honda chassis *cough*; gonna have to shoe string it in there once they see a major threat from ferrari/redbull.

they did good going with MB engine.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:32 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Brawn chief executive Nick Fry has played down reports that a number of senior engineering staff are upset with the team over "bonus arrangements", according to the Daily Telegraph.

The rumors are said to have spread in the paddock, leading to rival teams including Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari making job offers to the disgruntled Brawn staff.

Also reportedly at odds with Brawn over pay issues is the new world champion Jenson Button, who agreed to slash his retainer by 80 per cent in 2009.

The 29-year-old also made it known this week that he paid his own travel costs this season, and the Telegraph reveals that Button washed his own overalls between races, only to have Brawn's accountsdepartment refuse to pay the bills.

"No one has said anything to me about this," said Fry. "I am extremely surprised. We will look into any concerns that people have, though I am not aware of any.

"As far as we are concerned these are internal matters but if there is an issue with anybody we are quite happy to talk to them about it," he added.
Button forced to pay for his own dry cleaning? Oh my.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Norbert Haug has played down, but not denied reports, that Abu Dhabi will be the site this weekend of crucial talks about Mercedes' changing approach to Formula One.

Reports this week said the German carmaker's chairman Dieter Zetsche and other officials will be at the Yas Marina Circuit not only to discuss ramping up the collaboration with Brawn, but also dismantling the one with long-time partner McLaren.

Haug, Mercedes' competition director said in a telephone conference call that there was "nothing new to say" except that the marquee has "options (about) how we present ourselves in Formula One".

"There are no signatures," he confirmed, pointing out that the presence of Daimler officials in Abu Dhabi is not unusual, since the group is 9.1 per cent owned by a government investmentarm.

Haug also referred to the exclusive contract with McLaren, which extends through 2011.

"If we want to do something McLaren has to agree and when McLaren want to something we have to agree," said the German. "I can only assure you that we have a long term-basis association. Everything else is speculation about which we do not comment."
Odd that the Brawn car still doesn't have a Mercedes decal.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,451 Likes on 3,769 Posts
Brawn?!

No Mercedes buy-in; no contract with Jensen and no major sponsorship. WTF?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

There is already an existing Brawn GP thread.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Merged.

So what's their plan. Has there been any statements from the team?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I think Chief is referring to rumors on Planet F1 that Mercedes will not buy into Brawn, or bring sponsorship (Mobil?). As a result, they can afford Button's requested pay raise.

OTOH, Speed.com has this posted today:

It is possible that new world champions Brawn GP will be renamed to feature the word 'Mercedes' ahead of the 2010 season.

Germany's authoritative Auto Motor und Sport insists the Brackley based outfit's rumored buy-in by the German marquee is definitely taking place, which will result in the cars bearing a silver livery.

But whether the name can be changed to officially include Mercedes depends on the agreement of McLaren, the Stuttgart-based luxury car maker's exclusive F1 partner.

McLaren has already vetoed Red Bull's desired use of Mercedes engines for 2010, but prior to the 2009 season Martin Whitmarsh approved a two-year supply deal for Brawn.

Auto Motor und Sport claims that "error" could cost Whitmarsh his job as team boss, with Ron Dennis linked with a return to the pit wall after appearing at the Abu Dhabi finale earlier this month.

Brawn and Mercedes are hoping to announce the details of their intensified collaboration within the coming days, the magazine said.

"We are looking at all opportunities for the future but it is too early to announce anything yet," Ross Brawn told PA Sport.
Brawn to become Mercedes, and McLaren to become the B team? Intriguing.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,451 Likes on 3,769 Posts
No wonder Rosberg, Kimi and Button don't have contracts.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...83&postcount=1

Well, I guess due to circumstances, Brawn GP was a one hit wonder. 100% record in winning the world championship.