Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

opinions for mannkind IPO

Old 07-15-2004, 02:09 PM
It's not over yet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions for mannkind IPO

What do you guys think of this upcoming IPO. Chair prices will be 14-15. The CEO and founder has spun off numberous succesful IPOS in the past including the company which I work for right now. If history repeats itself , I think this is a good company to jump in. The only problem I see is that the main product being offered, Inhalable insulin, is also being developed by numeroud other Pharma co. give me your insight.

Ooops forgot to add ticker sign MNKD
Old 07-20-2004, 03:41 PM
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Interesting ... I was at the "luncheon" for MannKind at St. Regis Hotel in Manhattan today.

The CEO Alfred Mann (who BTW, put in $228mm of his own money into the company) and other bigwigs spoke about Technosphere and its merits. As a pitch, the story sounds great (the whole "shifting the paradigm for type II diabetes therapy" spiel). But as always, the sizzle sounds greater than the steak ... they still have to complete phase IIb testing and initiate phase III. It'd be interesting to see how and who MannKind will initiate a strategic partnership with (if necessary) and what kind of other products they can leverage from Technosphere.

In general, it may be a good story. There's definitely a multi-billion dollar market opportunity and Technosphere would address a significant unmet medical need. Alfred Mann explained how the company already has 9 patents approved and 25 more pending. MannKind also retains manufacturing rights and its insulin supplier has more than enough capacity to meet the demands to support the program. Compared to other "dry powders", Technosphere has several key advantages as well. Peak insulin uptake is 10-14 minutes (compared to 6 minutes for "healthy" people) and relative bioavailability within 0-3 hours is 50%. Pfizer/Aventis (Exubera) has peak insulin of 35-60 minutes and 18.5% bioavailability. Lilly/Alkermes is 60 minutes and its bioavailability % is not available. In the clinical trials, Technosphere has shown to have rapid peak blood insulin levels, unsurpassed bioavailability, sustained effect on glucose control, reproducible results, and excellent safety profile.

At this point, the firm I work with are doing sentiment analysis and channel checks ... just to get a feel of what everyone else is thinking about MannKind on the Street. From there, we may lean towards investing early.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:24 PM
It's not over yet

well hey, if you can, be sure to let us now how friendly the Street is feelings towards AL. I'm guessing they will have a positive attitude. thanks mang.