Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Going to apply for (Another) loan. Need some insight

Old 10-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Beware of leakage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to apply for (Another) loan. Need some insight

Ok, as some of you may know I am going to be selling my CLS (currently financed with AHFC @ 4.9/5 yr) to another member.
I will be buying another members 6 MT CLS (since private party cannot be financed through AHFC).
I do have one other loan out on my sister's 03 Grand AM GT (cosigned).
I have 2 credit cards, one with 0 balance, and the other with about a $30 balance.

I had my credit pulled a few months ago and don't understand a lot of the stuff on there but my scores were as follows:
Beacon: +708
Empirica: +678
Fair Isaac +716

Now taking into consideration, that my current CLS loan will be closed, Should I receive any problems in getting approved for a new loan, and at the lowest rate.

Also Would anyone recommend a place to get a low APR loan about the same as what my current 4.9 % with AHFC is ?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. This shit is stressful :P
Old 10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
It will take a few months for your current CL loan to show closed on your report. What I would do is get some kind of letter; preferably notarized showing the loan closure...

Not sure what a bank will say, but showing two loans active and wanting a third may be asking for trouble. You could get stuck with a higher rate as a result.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on your income to debt ratio.

Check out some of the online loan products (eloan, people's first) as well as local banks or credit unions. Credit unions usually do well for their members. A loan officer (given the proper data) can probably tell you if you qualify for the top tier loan products.

Remember though, (supposedly) every time your credit rating is accessed for loan approval and a loan is not generated it can effect your credit rating negatively. By how much though, I don't know.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by Scrib
It will take a few months for your current CL loan to show closed on your report. What I would do is get some kind of letter; preferably notarized showing the loan closure...

Not sure what a bank will say, but showing two loans active and wanting a third may be asking for trouble. You could get stuck with a higher rate as a result.
That is what I did after I sold my last car, and closed the loan. I brought the notorized bill of sale to the dealer with me, to show proof that it was closed. That loan was through a bank that is set up in my city though. I wonder how paying off a loan that I cannot just ' go to the local branch'. Since AHFC has to send me the title, I guess I can ask them for soemthing in along the lines of 'letter of lien satisfaction' ?

About asking for a third loan, thats why I asked. I only pay for my current CL loan. My father pays for my sisters car loan, I helped her buy it, he was having some credit issues.
I know that fact will probably not matter to the third loan people though. I do plan to shop around first.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by Slimey
It depends on your income to debt ratio.

Check out some of the online loan products (eloan, people's first) as well as local banks or credit unions. Credit unions usually do well for their members. A loan officer (given the proper data) can probably tell you if you qualify for the top tier loan products.

Remember though, (supposedly) every time your credit rating is accessed for loan approval and a loan is not generated it can effect your credit rating negatively. By how much though, I don't know.
I plan to open a savings account with the credit union my mother uses. If I am not mistaken, on a ad they sent to her, it said a very low used car loan rate (lower than any I have ever seen anyway). I tried banks when I was shopping for re financing of my previous vehicle and found the lowest APR to be 7 %. I have always heard about the credit unions being the way to go.

My debt to income rate is pretty good. I make roughly $1400/month. Yes I know about whenever the credit is pulled or a loan is attempted, it affects the inquires/score.

Thanks guys
Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

Chopper,

You have got good scores, so you should get primes rates no problem, from what i understand from AHFC as of yesterday, (as i have the same financing terms as you ), they can either send you a letter out showing you paid in full, or whoever does the financing for you they can call a 1800# for AHFC get verify that is has been paid off, its really not a big deal.

As for interest rates, they have gone up in the last year, The lowest rate AHFC has right now is 5.9%

My Ficoscore as of yesterday was 700 with TU, with BOA and Chase they both offered me 6% on a 02 C320.

You could try /www.capitaloneautofinance.com, I was told i'd could probably get a lower rate with them at around 4.79%
30-36 mos APR* 37-60 mos APR* 60-72mos
But for you Person-to-Person: Used 5.95 % 6.15 % 6.95 %

I guess your best bet is with a Credit union, i'd try there 1st and see what happens.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Beware of leakage

Thanks for the useful info F
Old 10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by F900
My Ficoscore as of yesterday was 700 with TU, with BOA and Chase they both offered me 6% on a 02 C320.

Sedan? 4-matic? Details.

I'm thinking of a replacement vehicle for the wife; early stages.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Also, if you have AAA, check them out for used car loans. My brother and my parents both financed used car purchases through them and got incredible rates, like 3.9%, but they have practically perfect credit. Still worth looking into.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Beware of leakage

Don't have AAA, but if the credit union doesn't like me :P then I have one more option to add to my list.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chopper
Don't have AAA, but if the credit union doesn't like me :P then I have one more option to add to my list.
See if they can give you a rate still. If its good, join for 35-45 bucks or whatever it is.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:44 PM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

You can also check your insurance company. When I first bought my motorcycle and truck fresh out of college I just got rapped at the dealership since I financed it through thier bank. After a year I was able to refinance through State Farm, my insurance company and it went from double digits to 4.9%. Chops, who's car are you buying? Did you finaly find your SMR 6-mt 03 CLS????
Old 10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by Gixxster
You can also check your insurance company. When I first bought my motorcycle and truck fresh out of college I just got rapped at the dealership since I financed it through thier bank. After a year I was able to refinance through State Farm, my insurance company and it went from double digits to 4.9%. Chops, who's car are you buying? Did you finaly find your SMR 6-mt 03 CLS????
Allstate is my IC. I may check into that also. Thanks for the tip Gix. I'm attempting to buy APJ97's ABP 6 MT that is for sale in black market. I know, not red, but ABP was my second choice, and it well meets my mileage requirments.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Beware of leakage

Update, god help me!

So I go to the credit union today. I talked to head loan officer. She completed app. and ran my credit.
Well it looks as if my fathers credit info (bad) is bleeding over onto mine. We have the same first, last name, but different middle. He has a bankruptcy, and all kinds of other shit and my credit is taking a hit.

So, the officer told me that she will discuss my app. and credit info with her underwriter, to see if they can fix the problem with my credit.

FWK!

So I will get the verdict tomorrow.
Another thing I learned about this credit union is that an Auto loan cannot excede 20 % of your total monthly income even if you have no rent or anything expenses. So I will have to adjust my monthly income to to reflect the monthly payment I need to be at.

Shit this is frustrating, especially when I did nothing wrong, I'm still getting shit on
Old 10-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Why would you spend more then 20% of your income on a car?

Silly.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Beware of leakage

Why would you spend more then 20% of your income on a car?

Silly.

I'm only 22, not like I am even making $50k. I live at home, so I have no other expenses other than my 2 credit cards which are paid off.

I pay this, because, to me, my car means the world to me, I am an enthusiat, so therefore I pay to have the one thing in life I can always enjoy. I have always taken extreme pride in my vehicles, it is like a child to me (in a sense)
Old 10-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Where is my super sauce?

To each their own.

Wouldn't be my choice, nor was my choice when I was 22.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Homeless

So I go to the credit union today. I talked to head loan officer. She completed app. and ran my credit.
Well it looks as if my fathers credit info (bad) is bleeding over onto mine. We have the same first, last name, but different middle. He has a bankruptcy, and all kinds of other shit and my credit is taking a hit.

So, the officer told me that she will discuss my app. and credit info with her underwriter, to see if they can fix the problem with my credit.

FWK!

So I will get the verdict tomorrow.
Another thing I learned about this credit union is that an Auto loan cannot excede 20 % of your total monthly income even if you have no rent or anything expenses. So I will have to adjust my monthly income to to reflect the monthly payment I need to be at.

Shit this is frustrating, especially when I did nothing wrong, I'm still getting shit on
Tell them to run a different credit bureau report. That's what I do when Jrs/Srs get intertwined. Happens alot on Trans Union, not so much with Experian.

Only bad thing about a Credit Union is they all seem to have some wacky underwriting guidelines that make no sense. Mine says that they'll finance 80% of book on a used car, but full retail on a new car(before it depreciates...WHACKY SHIT).
Old 10-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
To each their own.

Wouldn't be my choice, nor was my choice when I was 22.
When I was 22 I was driving a Pinto station wagon

CHops, what 'cha buying ?? I know it's not a SMR 6spd, What Color ??
Old 10-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
I know the feeling.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by GreenMonster

CHops, what 'cha buying ?? I know it's not a SMR 6spd, What Color ??
Going to sing the Agean Blue's :P
Hopefully!

No repsonse today from the loan officer. She didn't call me as she stated, and I did leave her a message, after our deicided on 'If I don't hear from you by 3 p.m. I'll call you'.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Homeless

Yeah Chopper, keep us posted on what you get.

I'd love to sell you mine, but I need to work out the tranny crap with the 02 & sell it first.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by chris3240929
Yeah Chopper, keep us posted on what you get.

I'd love to sell you mine, but I need to work out the tranny crap with the 02 & sell it first.
will do
Old 10-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Masshole

I got 4.9 from Chase on my CL-S at the end of the lease...as a used car. I would recommend them, as someone else mentioned.

A friend of mine just got 3.9 from AAA on an '03 Eclipse (used).
Old 10-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Going to sing the Agean Blue's :P
Hopefully!
Good Choice... Nice color... That was my second choice after SMR, but the ABP didn't come with the parchment interior. I bought new and locating a SMR w/ parchement wasn't an issue.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

I know the feeling.
I loved that car... AND it was paid for... You can read more about that car (and view a pic) on Fordpinto.com (click on the about us link - I'm greenmonster over there too). I'm still semi-active in the Pinto online community as I started the first yahoogroup (egroups back then) in 1998.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Beware of leakage

Update # 2
Credit Union Denied the loan. I must first go to the credit bureau and get this shit straight with them, then I can re-apply. :kickswall:
So it looks like I'm just stuck for the time being, because anywhere else I apply will probably pull the same thing, so I would not qualify for good rates, or at all.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Banned

Update # 2
Credit Union Denied the loan. I must first go to the credit bureau and get this shit straight with them, then I can re-apply. :kickswall:
So it looks like I'm just stuck for the time being, because anywhere else I apply will probably pull the same thing, so I would not qualify for good rates, or at all.

Chopper,

Dont worry to much about, what your credit is showing is a Split report, even though you have a different SS # then your father, your name and address is whats hurting you.

This time last year i was going though a similar thing, i had a split report somebodys bad credit was ending up on EQ/EX took about 2months to get sorted out. At that time i had no credit, but when my SS# was run at the dealer, it would come up as bad credit. But i got it all sorted out in the end

And look at me AHFC Approved for a 48 month lease on a 05TL/NAVI/6Speed Yesterday

First things 1st.

Get your credit reports from ALL 3 credit reporting Agencys

EX/EQ/TU. If you need direct website links let me know

Once you get your reports online, you can call a special 1800# to talk directly to each credit agency.

You don't have to go into a long story with them, just tell them what needs to be taken off and let them do the research, takes about 2-3 weeks.

If you need help let me know.

Good luck

BTW dont go any where else to get approved. Yes it will be the same every where you go
Old 10-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Beware of leakage

F900, your awesome man!! Thanks a million for the superb information.

Damn, damn, damn. I need a car before two weeks.

Also, I have a copy of the credit report that I mentioned in my initial post, I just don't know how to analyze it. (and I think it is from all those agencies you mentioned) I see CSC credit services, Transunion, and Experian. Also, looking at the very bottom of the credit report it says "National Credit Repository (IES) Accessed for this credit report: Equifax, trans union, Experian."

Does that mean that it has been checked by the ones you tell me to check with ?
Old 10-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

No problem you guys helped me, so just returing the favour.

Yes you looks like they checked all 3.

This is what i will do, I will provide you with all the links for the Agencys, you have to sign up so you can call there 1800# to start disputing the Trade lines that are on your report to get them taken off.

Btw they are Free for 30days to sign up, no charge to you as long as you cancel with in 30days, Chopper just makes the whole process easier, otherwise you would have to mail lettters in, will take months.

Then when you have them, 1st thing monday morining (if you can) you will call each agency, takes about 10mins. The great thing is that would will be able to check the status online to see when there removed. When there removed you can call the Credit union to run your credit and from that point on you should get approved, as long as there taken off.

I'm out for the day, but this evening i will provide you with the direct links to you to sign up

There maybe a good chance you can get this done in 2weeks, it really depends on how many of your dads trade lines are showing up on your credit.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Beware of leakage

No problem you guys helped me, so just returing the favour.

Yes you looks like they checked all 3.

This is what i will do, I will provide you with all the links for the Agencys, you have to sign up so you can call there 1800# to start disputing the Trade lines that are on your report to get them taken off.

Btw they are Free for 30days to sign up, no charge to you as long as you cancel with in 30days, Chopper just makes the whole process easier, otherwise you would have to mail lettters in, will take months.

Then when you have them, 1st thing monday morining (if you can) you will call each agency, takes about 10mins. The great thing is that would will be able to check the status online to see when there removed. When there removed you can call the Credit union to run your credit and from that point on you should get approved, as long as there taken off.

I'm out for the day, but this evening i will provide you with the direct links to you to sign up

There maybe a good chance you can get this done in 2weeks, it really depends on how many of your dads trade lines are showing up on your credit.
Sounds good man, thanks again.
Also, once I sign up, will I be able to access the most up to date report on myself for each agency ? Just to see if there are any changes ?
Old 10-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Banned

Sounds good man, thanks again.
Also, once I sign up, will I be able to access the most up to date report on myself for each agency ? Just to see if there are any changes ?

Yes you will be able to get Daily reports on any changes, the most important reason i want you sign up is because you will be able to call a special 1800# to disputing the Trade lines on monday morining, so get can get them taken off ASAP.

Dont worry, i'll i wont leave you hanging, i'll walk you through the whole process so you can get that car
Old 10-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Banned

OK Chopper here are the links for the Credit agencys, Don't delay and sign up today lol ....

Equifax

Equifax Credit Watch™ Gold <<< Sign up for this one
Try it for FREE for 30 days, then just $99.95 for 12 months

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/landing.ehtml?^start=

Experian
Get your FREE Experian Credit Report and PLUS ScoreSM
when you register for a FREE 30-day trial membership!

https://www.creditexpert.com/CE_Site...ypeID=HomePage

TransUnion
The Report is only free my mail ( it will take too long), its only $9 for a online report, so its your chioce i'd recommend it to you can get it sorted out ASAP, and call on monday morining.

http://www.transunion.com/Personal/C...dScoreFees.jsp

Let me know when you get sign up on all 3, any Questions let me know, take alook at all 3 reports, and see where your fathers Trade lines are on your report,. make notes and you can let me know how it stands.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Beware of leakage

OK Chopper here are the links for the Credit agencys, Don't delay and sign up today lol ....

Equifax

Equifax Credit Watch™ Gold <<< Sign up for this one
Try it for FREE for 30 days, then just $99.95 for 12 months

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/landing.ehtml?^start=

Experian
Get your FREE Experian Credit Report and PLUS ScoreSM
when you register for a FREE 30-day trial membership!

https://www.creditexpert.com/CE_Site...ypeID=HomePage

TransUnion
The Report is only free my mail ( it will take too long), its only $9 for a online report, so its your chioce i'd recommend it to you can get it sorted out ASAP, and call on monday morining.

http://www.transunion.com/Personal/C...dScoreFees.jsp

Let me know when you get sign up on all 3, any Questions let me know, take alook at all 3 reports, and see where your fathers Trade lines are on your report,. make notes and you can let me know how it stands.
Thank you again. Only one problem now, which just happened recently, I can't find my damn credit card. So once I find it I will get signed up. I would just use one of my Dad's but don't think that would be a good idea seeing as how we are in a mix up already. I'll keep updated on where I stand.