Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Di-tech.com

Old 09-20-2005 | 05:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Di-tech.com

Has anyone used their services? I would like to get a mortgage and purchase a small condo, but my credit has become less then stellar to say the least after the split with my ex dating back a couple years now. I know they have a service getting mortgages for people with poor credit so I thought they may be a good match for me. I am also interested in no money down, because I just changed jobs and would like to keep the money I have in the bank. I am willing to pay a slightly higher mortgage in order to keep money in savings at this point. Maybe there is a mortgage expert on here that can lend some advice. I'd really appreciate it.
Old 09-20-2005 | 05:30 PM
Hall of Famer

"ah lost another one to DiTech"
Old 09-20-2005 | 07:03 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

I haven't used them, but had considered it before. Loan terms are not as vaforable for the "buyer" as they were a couple of years ago, but they are still pretty good. It's still tough to get a new loan without paying closing costs, but here are a few places to try:

www.virtualbank.com
www.greenlightloans.com (where I just refinanced and almost had to kill someone, but everything worked out)

You can also try www.eloan.com or one of the other comparison shopping sites. The advertized rates will probably not show the "no cost" option, but you might be able to call and negotiate lower closing costs for a higher rate.

I'm not saying to avoid Ditech, but check out a couple of places along with them and compare. You probably also should check your credit scores (FICO) before calling around, that way you can ask them what the rate is for your credit score without each of them wanting to pull your reports.
Old 09-20-2005 | 07:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by moeronn
I haven't used them, but had considered it before. Loan terms are not as vaforable for the "buyer" as they were a couple of years ago, but they are still pretty good. It's still tough to get a new loan without paying closing costs, but here are a few places to try:

www.virtualbank.com
www.greenlightloans.com (where I just refinanced and almost had to kill someone, but everything worked out)

You can also try www.eloan.com or one of the other comparison shopping sites. The advertized rates will probably not show the "no cost" option, but you might be able to call and negotiate lower closing costs for a higher rate.

I'm not saying to avoid Ditech, but check out a couple of places along with them and compare. You probably also should check your credit scores (FICO) before calling around, that way you can ask them what the rate is for your credit score without each of them wanting to pull your reports.
Thanks, I'll take a look at all of them. Thats a great idea to get my fico score first. Thanks
Old 09-20-2005 | 07:30 PM
Safety Car

I work for a very large mortgage lender, maybe I can help you out. I have helped out several guys on this board. You can PM with questions.