Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Cut straight to the bone: intrinsic value calculator

Old 12-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cut straight to the bone: intrinsic value calculator

Don't you guys who do research hate it when you read S&P reports that show grades or no grades at all or not enough detail in terms of how much a company's stock price is really worth?

As a new investor, my philosophy is simple: current price < fair value < target price. I also pay attention to the technical analysis charts with moneycentral.msn.com 's charts which are terrific.

Problem: I still need to be able to figure out fair value for myself.

Solution:
Screening criteria
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P94131.asp

Calculator
http://www.zroundtable.com/ZRT_files...k_earnings.htm

---------------------------------------------------------
After going through Jubak's CSCO and PEP example, the one thing that still bothered me was how or where he pulled this data from:

I plug in my best estimates for Cisco Systems’ earnings growth rates for three periods: one to three years (15.7%), four to six years (10%) and seven to 10 years (8%)
There is no report that explicitly gives you that data, unless you calculate for yourself? Possibly?

So my question: is there any other calculators you guys use? Or any tools to help determine the exact 1-3 year, 4-6, 7-10 year earnings growth estimates?

I realize that this screening criteria is only applicable for a large cap company with market cap in proximity to PEP. I.e. you wouldn't plug in a small cap company's
data and compare it to a large cap's benchmark data. Don't mix apples and oranges: mix apples with apples and oranges with oranges.