Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

A Classy Plaque for a Donation

Old 08-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
A Classy Plaque for a Donation

My father is giving to me a $50K Baldwin piano to donate to the University. The only thing I care about is the donation letter for IRS purposes.

But the University wants to put a plaque next to the piano. What would you do in the wording:

1) In honor of Mr. ______ ___ ________ (my father), 2010
2) With respect from Dr. ______ ___ _____ (me), class of 1992
3) For the future of Ms. _______ ___ _____ (my daughter) and all Educators, 2010
4) Or some generic saying like the University motto.

Everyone concerned is cool with or without getting their name on the plaque.

What would you do?

Also the greedy reason of asking this, can you roll over a donation for several years if it is a large amount? The University is willing to write a letter of a certain amount per year over a five year period.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
If the university is willing to do the paperwork to facilitate your tax write-offs, you should be fine.

As far as being recognized for your donation? I don't see anything wrong with your name being on it. I also don't see anything wrong with being anonymous, either.

It's up to you.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Another classy thread from NuttyPro.

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/articl...180171,00.html
Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,112 Likes on 766 Posts
Originally Posted by Professor
But the University wants to put a plaque next to the piano. What would you do in the wording:

1) In honor of Mr. ______ ___ ________ (my father), 2010
2) With respect from Dr. ______ ___ _____ (me), class of 1992
1)

Not relevant to donations or charitable contributions.
Not helpful at all, actually.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Карты убийцы

I didn't expect him to be of any use. He's is so childlike, with exclusively addressing me in every post with an unoriginal name, to being mindless, with rapid copying and pasting of 10 articles from Bloomburg or some other rag.

The best thing that could happen to the internet is that his computer gets a mega virus.

But I'm going to do the second best thing and place him on my ignore list. I'm sure he'll respond with some "bye" smilie or crying or kissing or some dipshit remark. That's o.k.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
I didn't expect him to be of any use. He's is so childlike, with exclusively addressing me in every post with an unoriginal name, to being mindless, with rapid copying and pasting of 10 articles from Bloomburg or some other rag.
Oh, cry me a river. NuttyPro's feelings got hurt. This is a classic attention whore 'look at me' thread. Now I know you didn't go to evil medical school for eight years to be called 'Mr. Evil' -- congrats on your book learnin'. Wow, so Daddy Warbucks is giving you his piano so you can take the tax write-off that you don't deserve?

You can threaten to ignore me all you want, but I know your too bi-curious to stay away from your homeboy for too long.

You started this little tiff between us many years ago with some pretty ridiculous posts and threats like how you wanted to "rape my mother and sister". That is what got you banned the first time. So now you want to pretend to take the high road?

Keep "satiating your grotesque desires" cupcake. I'll keep posting relevant threads in R&P and M&I that are backed by real world experience, not textbook theory.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Карты убийцы

Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Here, let me help you.

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Oh, cry me a river. NuttyPro's feelings got hurt. This is a classic attention whore 'look at me' thread. Now I know you didn't go to evil medical school for eight years to be called 'Mr. Evil' -- congrats on your book learnin'. Wow, so Daddy Warbucks is giving you his piano so you can take the tax write-off that you don't deserve?

You can threaten to ignore me all you want, but I know your too bi-curious to stay away from your homeboy for too long.

You started this little tiff between us many years ago with some pretty ridiculous posts and threats like how you wanted to "rape my mother and sister". That is what got you banned the first time. So now you want to pretend to take the high road?

Keep "satiating your grotesque desires" cupcake. I'll keep posting relevant threads in R&P and M&I that are backed by real world experience, not textbook theory.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Карты убийцы

^

Thanks for the help in doing something I could have done for myself.

And as I suspected, a classless cretin response. But nevertheless he remains "ignored."