Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

BA degree on Media Arts and Animation

Old 06-05-2005, 07:38 PM
TL 3.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA degree on Media Arts and Animation

Well I'm getting my BA degree on Media Arts and Animation next year. I'm trying to do anything related to 3d modeling/animation. As time is coming close for me to grad..... I'm getting kinda worried about finding good paying jobs that is related to that in my field of study. I'm trying to do internships here in md but they don't have any related in this field. I want to find a good paying job in the area but, if I find a good job else where I will have to move. I know there are alot of jobs in the Cali area but that is totally the opposite side from Maryland. Anyone have any good ideas on finding jobs related to my field? What type of income I should be expecting when I get out? Right now i'm trying to make a website dedicated to my work and to put my name out there. I know this is a very competative field, that is why i'm trying to make my work stand out. I would love to do 3d modeling in video games. But we will see.... Here are pics of a enzo that I am making. It's in progress but, not done yet. The last pic is me missing around with the paint. Anyone have any comments on my work? Thanks.

I know this might be a big goal but...... I'm trying to make my first million by the time i'm 26.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:41 PM
TL 3.2

I'm trying to make my work as real as possible.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:45 PM
TL 3.2

Oh yeah, right now I work at a cadillac dealership. Everytime I go to work, I feel depress. It would be nice to come to work liking what you do. I'm trying to be up there with some of you guys . If not a millionaire..... 6 digits would be nice
Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 PM
the last one alive

Originally Posted by Dreamdtt2000
Well I'm getting my BA degree on Media Arts and Animation next year. I'm trying to do anything related to 3d modeling/animation. As time is coming close for me to grad..... I'm getting kinda worried about finding good paying jobs that is related to that in my field of study. I'm trying to do internships here in md but they don't have any related in this field. I want to find a good paying job in the area but, if I find a good job else where I will have to move. I know there are alot of jobs in the Cali area but that is totally the opposite side from Maryland. Anyone have any good ideas on finding jobs related to my field? What type of income I should be expecting when I get out? Right now i'm trying to make a website dedicated to my work and to put my name out there. I know this is a very competative field, that is why i'm trying to make my work stand out. I would love to do 3d modeling in video games. But we will see.... Here are pics of a enzo that I am making. It's in progress but, not done yet. The last pic is me missing around with the paint. Anyone have any comments on my work? Thanks.

I know this might be a big goal but...... I'm trying to make my first million by the time i'm 26.
Breaking into the 3D field is pretty hard- especially since there aren't a whole lot of positions out there- compared to other jobs (bankers, nurses, teachers, etc.).

If you can get an internship or a P.A. job at a company to start, that would be a good "in". That is if you can't fight a straight up job as a 3d modeler.

Oh, and you can check out Blue Skye in NYC... they're a VFX Studio.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:27 PM
TL 3.2

That would be kool to do 3d modeling for car companies.