Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anybody know if this tool works on the 3G TL?

http://www3.shopping.com/xPO-Alltrad...y-Removal-Tool

I want to get my pulley installed soon and will buy this tool to do the install if it works.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Does anybody know if this tool works on the 3G TL?

http://www3.shopping.com/xPO-Alltrad...y-Removal-Tool

I want to get my pulley installed soon and will buy this tool to do the install if it works.
That's what the tool looked like when they did my crank pulley, but it had a few feet of pipe attached.

As for the Uni BS, that is pretty much why I tended to stay away from there. All it takes is one douchebag to fuck everything up for everyone.

I read the writeup in the newspaper and they made it sound like it was all the fault of the street racing, but they also said that it was because the cops were chasing the driver when the accident happened. So, the accident would have (theoretically) happened whether they had lit her up for speeding or for racing (theoretically) and she had run. The whole thing is just shitty timing and what-not, but is also a good example of why NOT to go to Uni.

Maybe we should look into a local drag strip that everyone could go to and race in a SAFE manner?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
fu

drag strip=expensive

and i know. ticekts and insurance and cars getting impounded and all that other stuff costs lots of money. not to mention the guilt of being a person stupid enough to injure or kill another person would be unbelievable
Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Fuck the guilt, try the prison time!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
fu

25 to life in prison is plently of time to think about what you did wrong
Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by asujosh1
That's what the tool looked like when they did my crank pulley, but it had a few feet of pipe attached.

Maybe we should look into a local drag strip that everyone could go to and race in a SAFE manner?

Yeah I've read that you need two breaker bars, one to hold the thing and one for the socket you're using to break the crank bolt loose. Where did you have your pulley done at?

I've always wanted to buy land and build a nice quarter mile track on it and charge people to use it. Maybe have a dyno near by too, but that takes a lot of money to buy, build and somehow get past a city council to build
Old 08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I had some guy in Woodbury do it in his garage, but he was an Acura mechanic and took the tools home from work. Jorge found the guy, I think that he now works at a local performance shop.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Punctuation Nazi

You could try MAP?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:20 AM
8th Gear

Drag strip would be to loud to MSP lol
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by asujosh1
I had some guy in Woodbury do it in his garage, but he was an Acura mechanic and took the tools home from work. Jorge found the guy, I think that he now works at a local performance shop.

Jorge told me about that guy and was supposed to get me his name/number, but never did. I had my friend (one of the subaru guys) get ahold of Adam at MAP, but they never responded, so I just bought the tool. I'll be giving it a try as soon as I get the tool. I'm gonna probably take it up to my buddy's dads shop so I can use a good size breaker bar on it!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Slappy, check out this site, you should be able to find some relevant info on here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU....Support?tab=B

and check this out too: www.avic411.com
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
fu

trying avic411
Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 PM
fu

Alright, problem was that we didn't hook up the rca cables from the ipod hookup to the rca inputs on the headunit.. and I think i figured out the problem with why it wouldn't change from the black rearview screen, i had to change some settings, and now it should be straight.. also headlights are off and getting ready to be shipped off tomorrow
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
Alright, problem was that we didn't hook up the rca cables from the ipod hookup to the rca inputs on the headunit.. and I think i figured out the problem with why it wouldn't change from the black rearview screen, i had to change some settings, and now it should be straight.. also headlights are off and getting ready to be shipped off tomorrow
That should be a simple enough fix, just pull off the center console and the right side trim pieces and you should be able to get to the RCAs so that you can hook them up. While you are in there you can install an RCA to take to your amp and a remote wire to tell the amp to turn on.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
8th Gear

Matt you have any pics of your headunit?

I am comming back into the cities this friday w00t!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 PM

wow... i really wish i had a nicer acura. i'm workin on sellin my integra ls for a cl or a gs-r
Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ACURAenthus
wow... i really wish i had a nicer acura. i'm workin on sellin my integra ls for a cl or a gs-r
What up Elling. You finally joined our thread lol. You gonna call Chris about his GSR before he leaves for basic this Wednesday? You should at least take a look at the whip before he rolls out...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Pro

I'm not really sure where to go about finding this so I'll just throw it out here first if anyone knows.

Does anyone know if clear/white turn signals are illegal in MN? If they are legal I would probably just change my amber corners to a white bulb/light. Both front and rear signals. I seen a few cars out there with clear signals so I'm curious.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
fu

sorry can't help you teng..
Ok... So I got the subs wired up good and working. And had already had the ipod working. Then while putting a screw in it reset the unit and the ipod... Then while the unit reset it connected with the ipod, causing it to reset itself again. Radio works. Nav works. Subs work. Connecting ipod resets it... Ugh.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by ts_vaj
I'm not really sure where to go about finding this so I'll just throw it out here first if anyone knows.

Does anyone know if clear/white turn signals are illegal in MN? If they are legal I would probably just change my amber corners to a white bulb/light. Both front and rear signals. I seen a few cars out there with clear signals so I'm curious.
I have clear corners and have chrome amber bulbs. When its off theres no orange anywhere but when its on it lights up orange
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
fu

waiting for headlights to come...

new headunit...

one just for kyle..
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Instructor

I have cool white LED strips for my turn signals/parking lights. I also have cool white 20 LED bulbs for my parking lights. I haven't had any police action in regards to the lights yet I believe they are "legal," but if they aren't I'm not concerned because almost every mod on my car is "illegal" lol
Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Pro

I see. Thanks for the input everyone. If I go clear, I'll want to switch the rear signals to match too. Saw a BMW today with it and it looked nice.

Kyle, I have these silverstar bulbs that are tinted blue but they are amber when lit up. I also have a pair of APC "super white" bulbs that just light up white.

There are those switchback LED's that are neat but i'm too lazy to deal with the load resistor stuff. Just wanna put in a bulb and forget about it.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 AM
8th Gear

Looks good Matt.

Did you wire a second 4 channel amp for your speakers?

And are you and your car gonna be around this weekend? Im coming home from Fargo and will be home til Monday. i'd like to see your car.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM
fu

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Looks good Matt.

Did you wire a second 4 channel amp for your speakers?

And are you and your car gonna be around this weekend? Im coming home from Fargo and will be home til Monday. i'd like to see your car.
Yeah, I think I can meet up with you friday(assuming my headlights make it to me) at uni. maybe saturday
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Pro

Where do you guys usually meet up on Uni?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Instructor

We usually meet up at Unidale, then after awhile we head out to the "spots. We sometimes meet up at different places... Matt, remember when we "tried" posting up at Wendy's, or that ghetto guy and his Monte Carlo at McDonald's lol!?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Racer

I hate to be the one with the bad news, but I'm pretty sure white turn signals are illegal. There are accepted DOT bulbs for cars (all lights not just turn signals). For example I know the CC license plate lights I have are illegal and any LED you put on your license plate are illegal, especially if they are any color other than white! I can double check, cause I have a friend that is a cop, but I'm pretty sure white signals are illegal.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Having clear corners are NOT illegal... I dont think... but the turn signal bulb has to be the orange amber color or atleast flash amber when you turn it on. I read somewhere that there is an LED bulb that looks clear but when the signal is turned on it flashes amber. I was looking for some like that for my fiance' to put on her grand prix... she hates the yellow in the fog lamps when the car is on.

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 09-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Racer

Hey have any of you guys put the Innovative motor mounts in your cars?? I've been looking at them for the past couple days on the forums, but wanted to know if anyone local did it yet?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Having clear corners are NOT illegal... but the turn signal bulb has to be the orange amber coloror atleast flash amber when you turn it on. I read somewhere that there is an LED bulb that looks clear but when the signal is turned on it flashes amber. I was looking for some like that for my fiance' grand prix.

Yeah you can get those from like superbrightleds.com or something like that, but you have to put the load resistors on or it will blink like it's cracked out
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
hey az fam. am heading to The great mall of america for labor day weekend. any good spots to hang out or check out... pm yes..
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Yeah you can get those from like superbrightleds.com or something like that, but you have to put the load resistors on or it will blink like it's cracked out

now i remember y i never got them... thats what all the guys on the Grand Prix forum were saying about those... i love her but im too lazy to do all that work just so her lights arent yellow....lol
Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
now i remember y i never got them... thats what all the guys on the Grand Prix forum were saying about those... i love her but im too lazy to do all that work just so her lights arent yellow....lol

My previous car was an oldsmobile intrigue (same car as a grand prix, but different body) and I actually replaced all the interior lights with LEDs, but the exterior lights I used the better (more expensive) bulbs that Sylvania puts out, I think it's called their SilverStar lineup. They were pretty nice. I wound up getting the some for the turn signals/DRLs and they lit up amber, but looked a little blueish. I liked em and it saved me the hassle with finding somewhere to put the resistor. I actually just put the same lights on my girlfriends grand prix and she loves them (hint hint)
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
fu

Unidale mall, then we go to a couple different spots.. Oh, and a oldschool racer friend of mine showed me a new sick spot, we'll have to try it next time

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
We usually meet up at Unidale, then after awhile we head out to the "spots. We sometimes meet up at different places... Matt, remember when we "tried" posting up at Wendy's, or that ghetto guy and his Monte Carlo at McDonald's lol!?
Haha, that was an interesting experience. We got to meet a couple people at mickey d's that were different, haha.

Originally Posted by RL Chi-town
hey az fam. am heading to The great mall of america for labor day weekend. any good spots to hang out or check out... pm yes..
Well if you are here by friday night you could check out university ave, it is where you are gunna meet most of us. We don't have any major meets setup, but we can probably get several cars out on a friday or saturday. It may be a bit racer ricey for some people's tastes, but it is a good time.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

well i don't arrive there til saturday early morning. and i don't leave til sunday night.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RL Chi-town
well i don't arrive there til saturday early morning. and i don't leave til sunday night.
You could probly swing by if the Aziners are meeting on University Avenue. Man I was gonna spend last weekend in Chicago, then drop by the Milwaukee meet on the way home but dough was a little short that week
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

You could probly swing by if the Aziners are meeting on University Avenue. Man I was gonna spend last weekend in Chicago, then drop by the Milwaukee meet on the way home but dough was a little short that week
Bro our meet was a lot of fun. we had 20 cars show up. and then the drive home was the shit...
but its cool bro. we gotta do it again and maybe next time we can get MN and WI, IL all together. that would be the shit. maybe even IOWA or OHIO... FTW... big azine meeet.

MN,WI,IL, IA, OH, IN Meet wow. that shit would be O.C.

maybe have hotel meet or something. lol...

but man am looking forward to the drive up to MN... maybe one you guys can PM and i will give you my number incase there is a meet out there close to where am staying at... how bout it crew.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Instructor

dang were was i this whole time.....never checked the regions section before, i didnt know that there were other azine people that live in twin cities n go to university, i guess i gotta check up on you guys next time im rollin by midway

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras