Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

OFFICIAL 8th Annual AcuraZine National Meet-Winners Listed on Page 5, Post 190

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
alright, alright. It's done... Till next year!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Moved to the LOU

great pics BTW!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:02 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
I took a very few pics, mostly on Saturday night and then of the TLX-GT at Jay Wolfe!

Great weather to start off with!

DSC_3534 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3539 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

McCollins 2015 Mustang

DSC_3540 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Yours truly, in a weird Oreo setup

DSC_3543 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Rich's TL

DSC_3544 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Brian's Honda CL

DSC_3545 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Kyle's TLS

DSC_3546 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Phil's

DSC_3548 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Mr Am drunk AF Oscar haha

DSC_3549 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Sean's TL

DSC_3550 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Jorge's slow ass TL-S 6MT

DSC_3552 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Travis's NSX

DSC_3553 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Steven's Corvette

DSC_3554 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3555 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Chris crashed over at my place and I thought this pic came out very well (key word, THINK)

DSC_3559 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

Onto the Sunday meet...after almost all were gone, I spent some quality time with this girlll...ooomph!

DSC_3561 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3564 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3569 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3572 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

holy 315 tires all around!

DSC_3573 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3574 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3577 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

DSC_3578 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr

What an awesome machine!
...and bringing pics to the new page LOL
Old 06-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Moved to the LOU

LOL... I was like why are you quoting yourself?
Old 06-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Nice pics Swoosh. I am going to post pic you took of my car in my build thread if you don't mind.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:46 PM

all yours buddy...I took another image of your wheel setup but it came out all blurry
Old 06-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Moved to the LOU

Just a few pics I snapped.

LOVE Brian's new setup!
DSC_1512 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

Avant Gards on the Lex Luther were awesome.
DSC_1516 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

Because, Race Car.
DSC_1496 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

Some dudes shitty vet!
DSC_1480 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr
DSC_1478 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

DSC_1498 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

DSC_1501 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

DSC_1502 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr

DSC_1504 by apostalides on flickr, on Flickr
Old 06-18-2015, 03:12 PM

great clicks DUDE!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Moved to the LOU

Thanks, bruh!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:59 PM
OsK
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 74 Posts

Mr Am drunk AF Oscar haha

DSC_3549 by Anil Sadhwani, on Flickr
Hahahaha good times. Thanks Anil
Old 06-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
More pictures.....
Old 06-19-2015, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Well its been almost a week ready to do it again. LOL I want to say it was great time with all of you. Anil great photos brother. I want you to send me the one of my car. I hope to see you all next year. I hope to see more photos soon.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Few I took with the iPhone

Show room

Panaramic

Jay Wolfe Acura

Old 06-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Moved to the LOU

Man, this page is dead.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
I haven't posted my pictures yet but I've been working all week and finally just got off work today so I'll have to sort through them on my days off.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by twigglius
Man, this page is dead.
I like your pics.

Is it the page or the forum in general? 2nd Gen section has been dead for years. All that is left is 3g section and ppl who have moved on from Acura. When the 3g section dies the forum dies with it. Everything eventually must end.

Now back to my Focus ST forum.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:21 PM

yeah, if we had some more pics in here, I think it would be better...maybe I will take Jim's album and post the pics here
Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

^^^ Please do! I know he won't mind.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:55 PM

sure, I will just tell my work that am busy for a couple hours
Old 06-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
So is it every year in Kansas City or do yall change it up at different locations in the US?

Just wondering....hopefully one of these times I can make it up there...
Old 06-23-2015, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by mr_grand_prix
So is it every year in Kansas City or do yall change it up at different locations in the US?

Just wondering....hopefully one of these times I can make it up there...
Well KC being the geographical center of America, it makes sense to keep it in this location....not to mention with Jay Wolfe Acura has been kind enough to sponsor this meet...

We get folks from upto a 550-600 mile radius...I just wish the participation would be a little higher...
Old 06-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Well KC being the geographical center of America, it makes sense to keep it in this location....not to mention with Jay Wolfe Acura has been kind enough to sponsor this meet...

We get folks from upto a 550-600 mile radius...I just wish the participation would be a little higher...
I think participation would be higher if you changed location a bit and somewhere close to the center where there is more attractions and stuff to do. Not saying KC doesnt have anything to do but like a major city like Chicago or Houston or Denver or even Dallas may be different and may be good for attracting. I mean KC is the 37th largest city in the US.

I am bias bc I am from Texas but Texas is huge!! I am sure if yall start working on other Acura Dealerships yall could get the support.

Just some feedback as I did notice not much participation. Is there a survey for Acurazine members to fill out to find out what they would like to see for the next Acurazine meet?

Just some thoughts.. seems like this is a good meet but I know we can get it to grow...

Shoot if you need help.. I dont mind...
Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 AM

I think participation would be higher if you changed location a bit and somewhere close to the center where there is more attractions and stuff to do. Not saying KC doesnt have anything to do but like a major city like Chicago or Houston or Denver or even Dallas may be different and may be good for attracting. I mean KC is the 37th largest city in the US.

I am bias bc I am from Texas but Texas is huge!! I am sure if yall start working on other Acura Dealerships yall could get the support.

Just some feedback as I did notice not much participation. Is there a survey for Acurazine members to fill out to find out what they would like to see for the next Acurazine meet?

Just some thoughts.. seems like this is a good meet but I know we can get it to grow...

Shoot if you need help.. I dont mind...

We get a ton offf folks from Chicago...if we move to Dallas or Houston, we loose that crowd...

Talking about Dallas, there being a ton of guys down there who dont want to make a mere 500 mile drive to get up here LOL....you guys have a huge TXTL page/group and Travis mentioned he will get is 'crew' next year....OKTL (Oklahoma City) has a lot of folks and they did not participate this year either....we usually get 5-8 more cars from Chicago but they did not make the drive, am sure they wont make the drive further south!

THE only option I see is East or West coast...since they have a large group but then again, am sure if there is a meet in, say, Virginia, you or I are not gonna make that drive

Since this meet is sponsored by Vendors and Acura, its the official meet....I say, feel free to start an unofficial meet, see the participation level and take it from there
Old 06-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Advanced

We get a ton offf folks from Chicago...if we move to Dallas or Houston, we loose that crowd...

Talking about Dallas, there being a ton of guys down there who dont want to make a mere 500 mile drive to get up here LOL....you guys have a huge TXTL page/group and Travis mentioned he will get is 'crew' next year....OKTL (Oklahoma City) has a lot of folks and they did not participate this year either....we usually get 5-8 more cars from Chicago but they did not make the drive, am sure they wont make the drive further south!

THE only option I see is East or West coast...since they have a large group but then again, am sure if there is a meet in, say, Virginia, you or I are not gonna make that drive

Since this meet is sponsored by Vendors and Acura, its the official meet....I say, feel free to start an unofficial meet, see the participation level and take it from there
Understandable but from you I am reading is that you dont want to accommodate anyone else from different regions because "the meet is sponsored by vendors and Acura"? so you are saying if you move the meet to a different location, you are saying you wont have vendor support or Acura's support?

My personal opinion is that if you give the site a poll on the next location a year or two in advance, planning can be a little bit easier. If you want more participation you have to give the site a way to show their opinion is valued.

By no means I am not telling anyone how to do their job or run things.. these are all suggestions to help it grow. If you at least rotate locations, you get to see enthusiasts who dont normally make the drive come out and possibly start being more active on the forum. Its all about marketing the site and involvement.

I can understand your bias since you are from KC,MO yourself so I know your vested interest. I am from San Antonio, but by no means I am not saying to do it in San Antonio because I clearly understand the drive for anyone...

I do like your idea of moving from West or East Coast. Ive been on many different sites and I have been in the car scene awhile to know that alot of the enthuasiasts are on the East and West Coast and in Texas...if you can somehow work that angle I am sure you will see a difference.

You mentioned TXTL, I am not affiliated with them since I dont do facebook. I know they have a huge following and from what I gather is that if anyone wants a location change or suggestions then they can start their own meet bc change is not an option here?

Oh btw congrats on winning best in show at the meet as well.. and congrats on organizing it too. I know it takes alot of work and plenty of planning. I was part of S2ki.com for about 8 years and saw it grow by adapting and changing venues. Now I am part of Acurazine and would just love to see it grow even bigger thats all....

Thanks for all you do Swoosh!
The following users liked this post:
swoosh (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Lone Wolf

Understandable but from you I am reading is that you dont want to accommodate anyone else from different regions because "the meet is sponsored by vendors and Acura"? so you are saying if you move the meet to a different location, you are saying you wont have vendor support or Acura's support?

My personal opinion is that if you give the site a poll on the next location a year or two in advance, planning can be a little bit easier. If you want more participation you have to give the site a way to show their opinion is valued.

By no means I am not telling anyone how to do their job or run things.. these are all suggestions to help it grow. If you at least rotate locations, you get to see enthusiasts who dont normally make the drive come out and possibly start being more active on the forum. Its all about marketing the site and involvement.

I can understand your bias since you are from KC,MO yourself so I know your vested interest. I am from San Antonio, but by no means I am not saying to do it in San Antonio because I clearly understand the drive for anyone...

I do like your idea of moving from West or East Coast. Ive been on many different sites and I have been in the car scene awhile to know that alot of the enthuasiasts are on the East and West Coast and in Texas...if you can somehow work that angle I am sure you will see a difference.

You mentioned TXTL, I am not affiliated with them since I dont do facebook. I know they have a huge following and from what I gather is that if anyone wants a location change or suggestions then they can start their own meet bc change is not an option here?

Oh btw congrats on winning best in show at the meet as well.. and congrats on organizing it too. I know it takes alot of work and plenty of planning. I was part of S2ki.com for about 8 years and saw it grow by adapting and changing venues. Now I am part of Acurazine and would just love to see it grow even bigger thats all....

I don't see how having this meet affects having other meets. Anyone is free to organize and plan meets at other locations and dates.

The fact is that Jay Wolfe Acura hosts this meet and does a great job. They have a lot of people spending a lot of their time to put this together. I don't see many Acura dealers willing to do this.

The reason it is in Kansas City every year is because that is where Jay Wolfe Acura is.

There are no worthwhile Honda/Acura meets or shows in Chicago area that I know of. I have driven to KC 5 times now. That is usually 1 of 2 car shows I go to per year. The local JDM scene is just a hard parking rice fest.

If you want to move the event then you need all new organizers. It will just end up being the typical lets meet in a parking lot for a few hours type deal without any real planning.

Also keep in mind that the s2k has a huge gearhead following and fanbase. Acura on the other hand has very few gearhead fans. Most Acura buyers are buying for luxury/features, not for performance. They are commuter cars, not enthusiast cars. There is a reason why I have never seen more than 1 4th gen TL at a meet ever.

The few local acura meets I went to ended up being about 5 cars just sitting in a parking lot for 2 hours. Boring as hell.

Last edited by brian6speed; 06-23-2015 at 02:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by brian6speed:
ater_unum (06-23-2015), swoosh (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Its not about not wanting to accommodate anyone...as I said, a lot of other folks have meets everywhere and they can certainly look into getting it sponsored by Acura and if they have a big enough meet, we can certainly decide to drive down there...I have been to a meet in San Antonio myself...I drove down there for a meet...

also, I lived in STL and still drove to the meet in KCMO...I moved to KCMO after a couple years for work and it just worked out well haha...As I said, we could do something in Dallas, but we will lose our Chicago and Minnesota boys! Or we could do something in Chicago and lose our Dallas/Oklahoma crowd...KC just seems like a perfect mid point...

I honestly think you should try to make it out to a meet...once you come in, you see how much goes into the meet...all the folks at the meet a "repeat customers" ahaha...thats what I was saying, I wish we could have some new folks come down....but either they do not know about the meet until the last minute or have to work or just think its an insane drive....

Thanks a lot for the kind words dude...I really appreciate it
mr_grand_prix (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Its not about not wanting to accommodate anyone...as I said, a lot of other folks have meets everywhere and they can certainly look into getting it sponsored by Acura and if they have a big enough meet, we can certainly decide to drive down there...I have been to a meet in San Antonio myself...I drove down there for a meet...

also, I lived in STL and still drove to the meet in KCMO...I moved to KCMO after a couple years for work and it just worked out well haha...As I said, we could do something in Dallas, but we will lose our Chicago and Minnesota boys! Or we could do something in Chicago and lose our Dallas/Oklahoma crowd...KC just seems like a perfect mid point...

I honestly think you should try to make it out to a meet...once you come in, you see how much goes into the meet...all the folks at the meet a "repeat customers" ahaha...thats what I was saying, I wish we could have some new folks come down....but either they do not know about the meet until the last minute or have to work or just think its an insane drive....

Thanks a lot for the kind words dude...I really appreciate it
Well if I had planned better and if i wouldnt have had vacation plans this month I wouldnt mind making the drive up there. I am all about a good forum based community.

My whole thought process is maybe holding a survey to improve the meet as well. I cant say too much because i dont know what happened this year but I will make sure to plan better for next year!

Thanks Swoosh for the prompt response as well. You will see me be more active as I have taken an active approach on my Acura as well..
Old 06-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Ok! I finally got some time to go through the pictures that I took from the meet. Be warned! There are A LOT of them lol, some are doubles but from a different angle.

The following 2 users liked this post by Atlas_Gen:
Old 06-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Old 06-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Old 06-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Instructor

Old 06-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Old 06-23-2015, 11:04 PM

those are some AWESOME PICS buddy! Loved em! Thank you!
Atlas_Gen (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 01:39 AM
Instructor

those are some AWESOME PICS buddy! Loved em! Thank you!
Thanks Anil! I can't wait till next year man!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
Nice pics of the Stang Phil, thanks. Really cool for you to bring the fam down with you, your kid is so well behaved and adorable.
Atlas_Gen (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by McCollins23
Nice pics of the Stang Phil, thanks. Really cool for you to bring the fam down with you, your kid is so well behaved and adorable.
Thanks Matt! We had a blast there!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Team Owner

Phil, you da' man!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the great shots.
Atlas_Gen (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Phil, you da' man!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the great shots.
Thanks Steven! The meet was a blast and it was really fun spending a few days in Kansas/Missouri!!
Steven Bell (06-25-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Here's the link to the pics I took.

https://goo.gl/photos/eaVPUDP7CaezQeFN7
Old 03-28-2016, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
So is 2016s in the work?

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL 8th Annual AcuraZine National Meet-Winners Listed on Page 5, Post 190