Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Anyone in Wisconsin have full Tein suspension??

Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone in Wisconsin have full Tein suspension??

Anyone here in Wisconsin have full Tein suspension (sport shocks / springs), or coil-overs in Wisconsin? I'm really considering doing the full deal, but would like to drive one or ride in one to see what the ride is like before I spring for it. Otherwise, I may see if ST Suspension (KW) has a kit for the car.

I also remember people warning me about how rough the ride would be and how I would hate coil overs on my old M3 for a daily driver, and then I did it and I loved it. So, hoping the same will go for the 3G TL.

If anyone in the area has this, please let me know! Interested to check it out.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 988 Likes on 746 Posts
I will have mine done come spring. Car is headed to storage in a couple weeks.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BreezyTL
I will have mine done come spring. Car is headed to storage in a couple weeks.
Fantastic! I may not do anything till then anyways. Would love to get a ride and see what it feels like... Probably the most disappointing part of this car IMHO is the suspension. Seems soft, yet not super comfortable on the rough roads (not a good combination). Your Type S suspension is probably more "sporting" than mine at the get go though.

I'm looking to probably go with the Tein Street Advance Z coil over kit, as it's got full adjustment on the shock stiffness and offers the desired ride height adjustment.
It would be nice to lower a bit for summer, and then crank it back up to stock for winter to ensure no snow clearance issues. Looks like it's just over $500 for the full kit, which seems like a bargain!

I ended up buying a much nicer TL (70k miles) which came from the PacNW, so never seen a drop of salt. That will change this winter, of course. Actually was pretty impressed with the all weather performance of this car with the latest Blizzaks mounted and VSA. Never really had any issues and I was coming from an Audi allroad!

My other pet peave / project for the winter is to take apart a good bit of the interior and wrap places where plastic on plastic meet with felt tape, add some dynamat behind the door panels, etc to quiet down the interior.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Safety Car

I feel the interior is quite sound already. I don't want to be riding around in a sound proof room all the time. I'd go crazy! I like to be able to hear things, you know something is wrong then!

Ill be putting on Tein SA's.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

You still looking for a 3rd brake light headliner cover?